team mascots

IronChefShark

Also no pic though, Snowbird was a Penguin and mascot of the Cincinnati Cyclones. He also told us what schools were open and closed in the winter

hey Dilbert is the snowbird refering to look like this:

sb13.jpg

cause if it is who i think it is you are refering to,he does the exact same thing for our NBC affiliate in Nashville

YEP!

Signature intentionally left blank

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are three from my hometown.

My alma mater has two (sorry I couldn't find better pictures). Boomer is the classic. He's been around since I've been a kid. He also does the pelvic thrusting thing. It's the best.

s1p2.jpg

SMS just added an inflatable mascot. Buster Bear has gotten mixed reviews. Personally, he cracks my shirt up.

s1p.jpg

The newest one is Louie of the Springfield Cardinals, Fredbird's little brother (Springfield is owned by the St. Louis Cardinals and is the Double-A affiliate).

louie1.jpg

Louie's been a big hit.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

smokey-8.jpg

wow if she's the dog, I will say that's the first dog i've been attracted to....oh wait, my girlfriend is informing me that they are both dogs, you can now continue

1033857-L.jpg

plus this would be ICS dream to catch something like this wouldn't you think

1033857-L.jpg

plus this would be ICS dream to catch something like this wouldn't you think

Perhaps this is (or was)

RobRaccoon.gif

Portland Rockies: Northwestern League 1995-2000

and this is why it says 1995-2000, ICS probably got him at the game when he wasn't looking :P

Okay, Washington Nationals gets a mascot, what would you make it? A Gnat? A effigy of Walter Johnson? A eagle?

Well, the Eagle was a okay idea... but the way they did it was way off....

Screech.jpg

It's kinda disturbing...

he looks like mikey off american chopper

ATL

Okay, Washington Nationals gets a mascot, what would you make it?  A Gnat? A effigy of Walter Johnson? A eagle?

Well, the Eagle was a okay idea... but the way they did it was way off....

Screech.jpg

It's kinda disturbing...

Yeah, but if I were coming off of years with Youppi!, I'd guess they'd be OK w/ any mascot, as stupid as that one is.........

Whoa! Hold on a minute. Youppi! is the only mascot ever to get tossed out of a Major League Baseball game. That has to hold some weight.

Compared to Youppi! Screech is nothing.

youppi.jpg

Ace from the Blue Jays? Give me B.J. Birdie anyday.

c21545317cd2f813cd0ee0f06ae5605a.jpg

It's sad when both Canadian baseball teams (or former) mascots can't even lift the jock strap of their predisesors let alone carry it.

Oh and Spartacat is cool too!

spartacat.jpg

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

LifewiththeLions.jpg

The team merged with Brisbane, and it was never replaced.

I think his name was Leo.

I'm still looking for the Bulldogs one called Scragger who was suspended for 2 weeks for fighting with other mascots and also disgracing himself on a fans flag.

(He was pretending)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

LifewiththeLions.jpg

The team merged with Brisbane, and it was never replaced.

I think his name was Leo.

I'm still looking for the Bulldogs one called Scragger who was suspended for 2 weeks for fighting with other mascots and also disgracing himself on a fans flag.

(He was pretending)

Wait, how long did the Bulldogs use Scragger? Was he the one prior to "Woofer"?

I saw, I came, I left.

I can barely remember in the late 1970's and early 1980's the Patriots had a mascot called SuperPatriot. Basically an ordinary guy would run into a phone booth at mid-field and moments later it would collapse with the same guy dressed as Pat the Patriot but with a red cloak cape and a red shield on his chest that had a white "SP". I think it was to take advantage of the Superman movies at the time, but the idea petered out when the team hit one of their slumps.

I wish I had a pic or clip, I remember seeing a bit on him in a NFL Films "special" on mascots and superfans on ESPN Classic a while ago. Does anyone else remember more detail?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived