Jeremy Roenick sound byte - June 25

DEAD!

so if im understanding all of this...the playersare accepting the deal they turned down months ago!?!?!?! if so, im officially pissed.

No, they are accepting a far less lucrative deal then they turned down in February. Just show's how stupid they really are.

reminds me of a sienfeld epesoide where george and jerry are doing a tv show for nbc. nbc offers george $17,000 for the first episoide. george thinks he should try to "play the game" so to speak, and decines. nbc says "ok" and dumps the project. in desperation george offers to do the show for $8,000. nbc agrees.

so all i have to say to the nhlpa is, in the words of jerry, "so you held out for less money."

i've never really had a problem with Roenick, good guy except he just lets his mouth write checks that his ass cant check. He's pretty much the Curt Schilling of the NHL. I'd also like to see him back in a Coyotes uniform as well, but that's just on a personal note

i've never really had a problem with Roenick, good guy except he just lets his mouth write checks that his ass cant check. He's pretty much the Curt Schilling of the NHL. I'd also like to see him back in a Coyotes uniform as well, but that's just on a personal note

Nah, Roenick belongs in Philly. Think about it, he is just like Philly; talks a lot, but always ends up a loser :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Nah, Roenick belongs in Philly. Think about it, he is just like Philly; talks a lot, but always ends up a loser :D

Awesome. :notworthy:

On a side note: Even though JR's an ass and always will be, I still gotta say that NHLers are by far the most down-to-earth and fan friendly pro athletes as a whole when compared to the other Big 4 sports players.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

So, Tony Kornheiser had a great point on PTI today: If you listen to the whole interview, JR spends most of it appologising to the fans, saying how wrong the players were, and how much work the league has to do to to re-build the fan base to get the NHL back to where it once was. Aside from the profanity, not a bad stance on his part. However JR went out and ruined all that by, in a sound bite society, saying "the fans can kiss my ass."

That one line completely negated everything else he said, because he had to know that was the only thing news agencies were going to run with. It doesn't matter that it's taken completely out of context. He said the "fans can kiss my ass." And that he "doesn't care if they come back, we don't need them."

No matter what else he said about how hard the players have worked for a resolution to the labor problem, all people heard were those two quotes.

Who knows the resulting damage they will cause.

Moose

So, Tony Kornheiser had a great point on PTI today: If you listen to the whole interview, JR spends most of it appologising to the fans, saying how wrong the players were, and how much work the league has to do to to re-build the fan base to get the NHL back to where it once was.  Aside from the profanity, not a bad stance on his part.  However JR went out and ruined all that by, in a sound bite society, saying "the fans can kiss my ass." 

That one line completely negated everything else he said, because he had to know that was the only thing news agencies were going to run with.  It doesn't matter that it's taken completely out of context.  He said the "fans can kiss my ass."  And that he "doesn't care if they come back, we don't need them." 

No matter what else he said about how hard the players have worked for a resolution to the labor problem, all people heard were those two quotes. 

Moose

I agree with Kornheiser. You folks here missed the point entirely. Roenick was saying that this whole labor dispute was messed up, and it was hurtning the fans, and it must be fixed immediately.

The last part said, that if you think we are all jerks, and you hate us, then fine, stay away. The part that he didnt say, and thought would go without being said was, "But if you ARE a fan, and miss the game,we miss you too, and I for one want to be back right now, so lets get off our ass and do it."

If you heard Roenick's comments, and thought he was being an ass, you either; A. Only heard a soundbite, taken out of context, or B. Are the kind of flaming idiot he was talking about who hates hockey anyway and you should kiss his ass and never watch again. While you are at it, you can kiss my ass, too.

I want my hockey back.

Thrashers - Stanley Cup Champions, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

So, Tony Kornheiser had a great point on PTI today: If you listen to the whole interview, JR spends most of it appologising to the fans, saying how wrong the players were, and how much work the league has to do to to re-build the fan base to get the NHL back to where it once was.  Aside from the profanity, not a bad stance on his part.  However JR went out and ruined all that by, in a sound bite society, saying "the fans can kiss my ass." 

That one line completely negated everything else he said, because he had to know that was the only thing news agencies were going to run with.  It doesn't matter that it's taken completely out of context.  He said the "fans can kiss my ass."  And that he "doesn't care if they come back, we don't need them." 

Moose

I agree with Kornheiser. You folks here missed the point entirely. Roenick was saying that this whole labor dispute was messed up, and it was hurtning the fans, and it must be fixed immediately.

The last part said, that if you think we are all jerks, and you hate us, then fine, stay away. The part that he didnt say, and thought would go without being said was, "But if you ARE a fan, and miss the game,we miss you too, and I for one want to be back right now, so lets get off our ass and do it."

If you heard Roenick's comments, and thought he was being an ass, you either; A. Only heard a soundbite, taken out of context, or B. Are the kind of flaming idiot he was talking about who hates hockey anyway and you should kiss his ass and never watch again. While you are at it, you can kiss my ass, too.

I want my hockey back.

even so...there is no reason to say any fans can kiss his a$$ regardless what context it is in...unwise to say the least.

Moose

I want my hockey back.

But you missed Kornheiser's point - that the rest of the interview, besides the "fans can kiss my ass," part, is irrelevant. All anyone is going to hear is that, and it is so damaging to the image of the league, that it may be irreparable. JR should have stopped while he was ahead, and this might have turned out much better than it did...

Moose

and it is so damaging to the image of the league, that it may be irreparable.

Most Americans don't even know who Jeremy Roenick is. After all the league has done to kill its fanbase south of the border, I highly doubt JR's comments, out of context and way overblown, will be the nail in the coffin.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

JR can fluffing kiss my ass. I can't believe I used to root for that selfish son-of-a-bitch when he played in Chicago. Roenick is now on my Piece of Crap List along with bastards such as Barry Bonds and Latrell Spreewell among others. :mad:

6uXNWAo.png

Archived