Atlanta Thrashers concept

deked73

I got a good response to my Washington Capitals redesign. So being a Chicago Wolves diehard, I wanted to take a shot a the Atlanta Thrashers. I wanted to give the team a more traditional looking sweater and I am not to crazy about there true blue 3rd jersey. I always thought the lite blue jersey didn't look like that had finished it. Number and letter fonts would still be the same style and colors though. What do you think?

atlthrashers.png

atlthrashersdark.png

atlthrashersthrd.png

Again your input greatly welcomed. :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I dig 'em. A lot. I was gonna say, the only change I'd like to see is moving the primary logo from the shoulder to the front on the whites, but I guess the blue ones didn't load properly and I didn't see those until now. Would you stick the same name/number fonts as present?

Also just noticed that you didn't change the collar on the back of the blue jersey. No big deal, though.

Really, anything that gets rid of those asymmetrical powder blue alts is fine by me. :D

Thank you for pointing that out about the collars Glenn. Oversight on my part, I was trying to finish them late about 3 a.m. the other night and started to fall asleep. As far as the fonts go, yes I am staying with what they have now. The only change is to make blue letters for the players names on the white jerseys.

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I like them, especially the alt. The asymetrical one they actually use is weird and I hate the color as well. Yours is way better.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Very well done. The only thing I'm not too wild on is that the logo isn't consistent. Haing the "T" logo on the alternate is fine, but the home/roads should have the same logo. Personally, I prefer the "whirling bird" logo better. Overall, a very nice job...the more traditional look is nicer.

Question: Does anyone really like their actual alternate(light blue)? I actually like it a lot.

Question: Does anyone really like their actual alternate(light blue)? I actually like it a lot.

i love 'em.

I like that too, but I also like this alternate

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

I like the color of their present alt, but the assymetrical design kills it for me.

For the concept - I like these. I would keep one crest for all 3 jerseys, though - for a team that isn't that far removed from its expanstion days, they ought to concentrate on a little more consistency to cement their package into the public conscience. Your red alt is sweet, and keeping their font is a solid move.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

is it just me or do the thrashers have a sweet logo

and can someone tell me what their alt logo is supposed to be??

i have never understood what it was supposed to be i thought it was a Y or sumthing

is it just me or do the thrashers have a sweet logo

and can someone tell me what their alt logo is supposed to be??

i have never understood what it was supposed to be i thought it was a Y or sumthing

It is an overhead look of a flying thrasher. :hockeysmiley:

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

awesome work there! Here's an old Trashers concept of mine...

Atlanta.png

~mcs

I like the classic style of number that you chose. Only critique I have is on the blue uni the red number blends in with the blue. What about making the number gold with white and red trim. By the way, how the sleeves are on the jerseys. It reminds me of the Philidelphia Flyers from the 70's. Thus I HATE them. LOL. :D (only said that because their minor league team beat my boys the Chicago Wolves in the Calder Cup Finals this year). :cursing: Keep churning out the designs.

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I like the classic style of number that you chose. Only critique I have is on the blue uni the red number blends in with the blue. What about making the number gold with white and red trim. By the way, how the sleeves are on the jerseys. It reminds me of the Philidelphia Flyers from the 70's. Thus I HATE them. LOL. :D

trust me, the gold doesnt look good at all - i like the dark red on the blue, it keeps the jersey dark, yet the two colours are different enough to contrast each other.

and the sleeves are almost meant to look like flapping 'thrasher' wings, if you will.

~mcs

pistons4-sm.giftigers.gifmadeindetroit-store_1798_66732.gifwings.gifisland1-sm.gif

Only critique I have is on the blue uni the red number blends in with the blue.

People do that crap here all the time. You are just going to have to get used to it. I swear half my posts are some form of "It doesn't separate", "It blends in too much", "You can't see it", or my favorite, "It's INVISIBLE". We had one here last week that had black numbers on a black jersey. Swear to God. Everyone looks at thier own stuff from 10 inches away on a computer monitor and thinks it will look great from 100 feet away in person or better yet on TV while sitting at home on your couch. :mad:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 1 year later...

Those are really, really nice. Traditional, yes, but with a color scheme that is unique like that, it makes it pop oh-so nicely.

Reguarding their current power-blue jersey -- which is now their home jersey -- I like it... as an alt. I think it's a horrible primary jersey, and I wish they'd bring their old home jersey back. It's one of my favorites, and it's my favorite jersey to wear.

philly.png

Archived