MLB Deadline Rumors

Brass

I noticed the Cards were not mentioned in any of the trade rumors mentioning OF, but you can bet Walt Jocketty is looking at a lot of those. It's not so much for this year as it is for the future, but if the Cards can get a young righty OF for the right price, they'll probably do it. Jocketty almost always works under the radar though, so it doesn't surprise me that the Cards aren't mentioned in any of that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aubrey Huff is a gonner in TB......hed be a nice catch for Philly @3B

My dear boy, if you think Ed Wade is going to pull the trigger and get rid of his precious David Bell (and get rid of pretty much anyone on that team), you're sadly mistaken, I'm afraid.

As much as I'd like Huff at 3rd for the Fightin's (and at this point, I'd like my grandmother at 3rd over Bell...), neither Ed Wade nor Uncle Charlie will let that happen.

philly.png

I was gonna report on the Kotsay deal, but STL beat me to it. So, here's something else. A list of all players currently on the trading block that don't have a team interested at the moment:

NYM Kaz Matsui

NYY Tony Womack

BAL Steve Kline

KC Jose Lima

KC Brian Anderson

CHC Corey Patterson

SD Sean Burroughs

PIT Kip Wells

SEA Jeff Nelson

TOR Orlando Hudson

Just some of the many...

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Regarding Jason Schmidt, Giants should trade him. You can't win with just him. Trade him for 2 or 3 good prospects and you'll improve in the long run. The Giants should rebuild and even should consider trading Bonds. Yes, I said it. Look at the Giants soon to be free agents: J.T. Snow, Ray Durham (Player Option), Deivi Cruz, Marquis Grissom, Moises Alou (Player Option), Michael Tucker, Jason Schmidt (Team Option), Brett Tomko, Kirk Reuter, Scott Eyre, Jason Christiansen (Team Option), LaTroy Hawkins (Player Option)

They would need to sign most of those players at higher cost and even still they won't be as good as they have been.

Yankees shouldn't get younger, they don't need to rebuild totally. Brown will be gone, which is awesome. I never saw him as a Yankee. Hopefully they will bring back Flaherty, Tino, Sierra, and Gordon. The rest should be gone and hopefully Bernie hangs them up. I would like to see the Yankees trade Posada, he makes more than Pudge. That's crazy. Pudge has the option to be a free agent as well. B)

John Flaherty, Tino Martinez (Team Option), Ruben Sierra, Rey Sanchez, Bernie Williams (Team Option), Kevin Brown, Mike Stanton, Buddy Groom, Felix Rodriguez, Tom Gordon. Also Tony Womack should be gone too. Take what you can.

Perhaps if Rogers doesn't get a deal with Texas, he could comeback to Yanks. Washburn would also be a great option. Ramon Hernandez could replace Posada. Yanks will need CF and what great fit Damon would be with Yanks. Giambi should upload some of that contract as well. Jones from the Twins would fit nice in NY.

Soriano could be back in Pinstripes as CF if things don't work out with other trades.

Aubrey Huff is a gonner in TB......hed be a nice catch for Philly @3B

My dear boy, if you think Ed Wade is going to pull the trigger and get rid of his precious David Bell (and get rid of pretty much anyone on that team), you're sadly mistaken, I'm afraid.

As much as I'd like Huff at 3rd for the Fightin's (and at this point, I'd like my grandmother at 3rd over Bell...), neither Ed Wade nor Uncle Charlie will let that happen.

Yeah, another year of Ed Wade and Rubin Jr. huddled in the bunker but not pulling the trigger on a deal. I don't get it. I root against them now just so Ed, Rubin, Uncle Cha'lly, and Arbuckle hopefully get canned. Of course, as long as Montgomery and the silent partners are in charge, no GM can really win here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was gonna report on the Kotsay deal, but STL beat me to it. So, here's something else. A list of all players currently on the trading block that don't have a team interested at the moment:

NYM Kaz Matsui

NYY Tony Womack

BAL Steve Kline

KC Jose Lima

KC Brian Anderson

CHC Corey Patterson

SD Sean Burroughs

PIT Kip Wells

SEA Jeff Nelson

TOR Orlando Hudson

Just some of the many...

I'd like to see the Cards get Patterson and Kline off that list. Jocketty's trades are rarely first rumors, so these could be possiblities.

Patterson...next Lou Brock anybody...the guys got potential...he just needs to be on the Cards to recognize it...

Kline...I just want the guy back. Another lefty would be nice, plus he's just the man. I loved the guy. I think he'd get back on track here too.

Although Sean Casey is like the mayor of Cincinatti, I'd love the Mets to offer Araon Heilman and Craig Brazell for him. Heilman can provide pitching help anywhere on the staff, and Brazell is a 1st basemen who could help replace Casey for the Reds. I'm not sure though - half of Craig Brazell's hits have been for extra bases, but his hits aren't many - only 43 in 178 at bats to the tune of a .249 average. If I'm the Reds, I try and get myself SS Anderson Hernandez for the Mets, who hit .329 in 66 games for Double A Binghamton and is hitting .390 in 15 games for Triple A-Norfolk - he's averaging 1.5 RBI per game for the Tides.

By the way, the Mets are looking for 1B and bullpen help, period. If need be, they'll fill that second base hole by season's end by bringing up Jeff Keppinger, who's among the top three second baseman in all of Triple-A.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

I was gonna report on the Kotsay deal, but STL beat me to it.  So, here's something else.  A list of all players currently on the trading block that don't have a team interested at the moment:

NYM Kaz Matsui

NYY Tony Womack

BAL Steve Kline

KC Jose Lima

KC Brian Anderson

CHC Corey Patterson

SD Sean Burroughs

PIT Kip Wells

SEA Jeff Nelson

TOR Orlando Hudson

Just some of the many...

I'd like to see the Cards get Patterson and Kline off that list. Jocketty's trades are rarely first rumors, so these could be possiblities.

Patterson...next Lou Brock anybody...the guys got potential...he just needs to be on the Cards to recognize it...

Kline...I just want the guy back. Another lefty would be nice, plus he's just the man. I loved the guy. I think he'd get back on track here too.

Huzzah!

Totally agree about both those guys. Patterson has sucked this year, but the guy has a huge wealth of potential. I think he could thrive off the bench/spot start for the Cardinals and then start next year. Henry's not a moron though, so the cardinals probably would have to give up some good things for him. The problem is, they both have similar needs right now in the Outfield. Perhaps giving up one of the righties from the pen and Gall (hahahaha) could work out.

Given the history of the clubs, I can't see them making any big trades. The Fassero trade a few years ago was the last trade of any kind I remember, and that was completely worthless for both teams.

As for Kline. Would he come back? Not that he'd have a choice, but his exit was nearly the soap opera that the Renteria exit was. I'd love to have his dirty cap back in the pen though.

I'd love to get Dunn. But the Cardinals don't need 3 guys in the line up that strike out all the time. With Sanders and Edmonds there already, and Walker at times, that's alot of K's.

I really have no clue what Jocketty is going to do, I rarely do. The McGwire, Rolen, Walker trades all snuck up on me completely (add the mulder trade to that too, pretty much the only one at the moment that might be questionable, but that was an offseason trade). Usually the first time I heard the names mentioned was the official trade announcment.

Man, just starting to think about if we had Patterson in the lineup playing at his potential.

Patterson

Edmonds

Pujols

Rolen

Sanders (or another OF)

Eckstien

Grudz (or new SS, move Eck to 2B)

Molina

Nice...

Ive heard nothing, but i think the twins will most definately get a 3b.

id see huff coming to the twin cities for kyle lohse and a prospect.

the twins could also be looking for randa, but im sure that has been bandied about.

Nice to see Beattie & Flanagan going after a pitcher :rolleyes:. POS's they are, along with the bastard Angelos.

I dont know if it is such a bad thing that we have not traded for pitching. Really there are no outstanding pitchers available with the exception of Schmidt and Burnett. Both of them will take alot to get. Burnett will be a free agent next season and his wife or girlfriend is supposed to be from Baltimore which could help us sign him. I'd rather sign him and not lose any players. I really think Bedard, Cabrera, and Penn could become the next Big 3.

I was gonna report on the Kotsay deal, but STL beat me to it.  So, here's something else.  A list of all players currently on the trading block that don't have a team interested at the moment:

CHC Corey Patterson

Just some of the many...

Huzzah!

Totally agree about both those guys. Patterson has sucked this year, but the guy has a huge wealth of potential. I think he could thrive off the bench/spot start for the Cardinals and then start next year. Henry's not a moron though, so the cardinals probably would have to give up some good things for him. The problem is, they both have similar needs right now in the Outfield. Perhaps giving up one of the righties from the pen and Gall (hahahaha) could work out.

Given the history of the clubs, I can't see them making any big trades. The Fassero trade a few years ago was the last trade of any kind I remember, and that was completely worthless for both teams.

Man, just starting to think about if we had Patterson in the lineup playing at his potential.

Patterson

Edmonds

Pujols

Rolen

Sanders (or another OF)

Eckstien

Grudz (or new SS, move Eck to 2B)

Molina

Nice...

[with apologies if I snipped somethin germane]

The problem with Patterson is that he HAS BEEN playing to his potential. He sees himself as a #3-4-5 power hitter, which he could be. However, with his speed, he needs to become a Lou Brock (get on base and steal). Now that he's in Des Moines, I really don't expect him to ever return to Wrigley wearing Cubbie blue.

I agree that a trade of Patterson to the Cards is unlikely, given the similarities it could create with Brock for Broglio. In fact, such a trade would scare the crap out of me :D

It's where I sit.

Ive heard nothing, but i think the twins will most definately get a 3b.

id see huff coming to the twin cities for kyle lohse and a prospect.

the twins could also be looking for randa, but im sure that has been bandied about.

Lohse and a prospect for Huff wouldn't be a bad deal, depending on the prospect. I wouldn't give up a future ace like Liriano, but some middling propsect would be worth letting go.

Randa's been on the Twins radar screen since Koskie left, though the team's also said they're no longer interested.

I've heard Mike Lowell mentioned a lot, but I think his price might be too high.

The Twins are also mentioned repeatedly in the Bret Boon sweepstakes. Some reports quote club officials saying they're not interested, others say they are. Somewhere in the middle probably lies the truth.

Brian Anderson won't be traded. No one will want him because he's going to shut it down for this season. On top of that he will have Tommy John surgery.

I doubt anyone would trade a stale bag of Peanuts for Jose Lima.

I could see the Royals dealing MacDougal. The Cubs were rumored to be the team most interested. But the Royals want SOLID prospects. We don't need any more sub-par Minor Leaguers.

Then there is the Jeremy Affeldt to Florida rumor. But just like MacDougal, the Royals want something.

That's the Royals scoop.

Probably the only trade the Royals will make is U.L. Washington's game used toothpick for Cash and a scrub to be named later.

Probably the only trade the Royals will make is U.L. Washington's game used toothpick for Cash and a scrub to be named later.

It took 3 years, but it was worth the wait for the first UL Washington reference on the board :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

It took 3 years, but it was worth the wait for the first UL Washington reference on the board :)

the toothpick was the icing on the cake.

Bret Boone to the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, Twins or Padres

The Yankees no longer have any interest in a second basemen. The Red Sox have a log jam with seven infielders on the team already, and I doubt they want any part of Boone's contract. With Hariston and Walker on the team, the Cubs seem ready to sink or swim with that platoon.

Frontrunner: Padres/Twins, or Free Agency

Okay, I know it's pretentious to quote oneself, and I used two teams in my guess, but I'm happy to get one right. :P

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Archived