Padres Alternate

DarthMan

At home, this uniform is nice (with the white pants).

But coupled with the tan pants on the road it is ugly!

Pic

DfseuOQI.jpg

I just don't think the two go well together.

Discuss

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

The Pads went with the blue alt top and road pants on Saturday when I was in Philly...to be honest, seeing it up close and personal, it didn't look all that bad...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

The Pads went with the blue alt top and road pants on Saturday when I was in Philly...to be honest, seeing it up close and personal, it didn't look all that bad...

I saw it on TV and found it ugly- to each his own

the colors of the letters and numbers on the alternate matches the pants, i like it.

and last night was the first time all year they wore the alternates at home and wore the road cap as well and finally broke out of that losing streak.

The problem is...they DON'T match. Here are the Padres' colors:

SanDiegoPadres_FRC_2005.jpg

The "Sand" is brighter, and yellow-er than the road uniform color ("Khaki"). I think they clash, personally.

I like the blue jersey, tan/sand pant look. It's the only way the tan/sand looks watchable, IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

i saw that but was too pissed that they showed padres v stl instead of la v the reds

I can't imagine why they would want to show 2 first place teams instead of 2 others that are a combined 25.5 games back. <_<

53289589.jpg

I think the two colors are far enough apart (distance-wise) that you don't notice the difference too much. Yeah, you can see it but it doesn't clash as much as some other teams with different shades.

Look around. You'll see people wearing navy polo shirts and khaki pants everywhere and it looks fine.

wearing khaki shorts and navy blue shirt now.

can't imagine why they would want to show 2 first place teams instead of 2 others that are a combined 25.5 games back.

take a look at the name and maybe you'll understand why i want to see the reds

The problem is...they DON'T match. Here are the Padres' colors:

SanDiegoPadres_FRC_2005.jpg

The "Sand" is brighter, and yellow-er than the road uniform color ("Khaki"). I think they clash, personally.

This explains it...

I cannot stand the current Padres uniforms, from the colors to the font to . . . well, everything about them. It is remarkable how this franchise changes uniforms so frequently, yet nearly always manages to have one of the bottom five sets of uniforms in the game.

I cannot stand the current Padres uniforms, from the colors to the font to . . . well, everything about them. It is remarkable how this franchise changes uniforms so frequently, yet nearly always manages to have one of the bottom five sets of uniforms in the game.

Absolutely true. Have they ever had a good look?

I cannot stand the current Padres uniforms, from the colors to the font to . . . well, everything about them.  It is remarkable how this franchise changes uniforms so frequently, yet nearly always manages to have one of the bottom five sets of uniforms in the game.

Yes, when thet wore those jerseys:

6359196p118241reg-resized200.jpg

PAAAIALDFIDGGMBE.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I cannot stand the current Padres uniforms, from the colors to the font to . . . well, everything about them.  It is remarkable how this franchise changes uniforms so frequently, yet nearly always manages to have one of the bottom five sets of uniforms in the game.

I have liked a lot of their uniforms throughout their history but you'll never get a consensus that ANY of their looks have been great. Some will like one or two sets but most people don't like most of them. I'm just an exception. I don't like their 70s sets (1973-1979). I don't like their 90s set (1991-2003). Everything else I love though. Love the 1969 unis, 1985-1990, and the current set. Each person will have a different opinion I think.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I personally like the khaki road concept. However, I'm not a fan of the script they chose. It just doesn't go with anything else in their package. If they throw the SD on the shirt like late 80s style, it might look better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mmmhhh... I'm going to evaluate all the Padres' jerseys from 1 (awful) to 10 (superb)

1970: 5

nl_1969_sandiego.gif

1973: 3

nl_1973_sandiego.gif

1976: 4

nl_1976_sandiego.gif

1979: 4

nl_1978_sandiego.gif

1980: 5

nl_1980_sandiego.gif

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Personally i think the problem with the current padres set is that theres no consistency between uniforms. With most teams their road uniform very much resembles their home uniform i.e. (Cardinals, Braves among others) I think the Padres could make this work if they eliminated that awful font on their road uniforms. I'd be interested to see what the "SD" logo would look like on the road uniforms...i think it may be an improvement. Another possiblity would be to put the "San Diego" in the same font as the home uniforms although it may me difficult to read. Could anyone do concepts of these ideas? I'm not great at them.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I personally like the khaki road concept. However, I'm not a fan of the script they chose. It just doesn't go with anything else in their package. If they throw the SD on the shirt like late 80s style, it might look better.

well, the Cubs' roads rarely look anything like the homes, nor do the Yankees roads resemble the homes. In that same token, the Royals use script for the home wordmark but block for teh road wordmark. I see no problem with the Padres' roads looking almost nothing like the homes.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived