NHL Off-Season 2005/06

Suigi

i really hope that this is true too, but i'm not to sure about it, anyways the Canucks are having a 2:45 PST conference, but i don't know what they will be announcing.

Probably just making the Naslund deal official.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mission accomplished NHL.

If their mission was to cause player movement.

Wait until the season starts to praise the league, your opinion on the product rather than the front-office moves.

Well the mission to have small market teams become active in atracting free agents and such.

The on ice product? The fans coming back? The TV deal they really need?

Well, yes, we'll have to see.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

i really hope that this is true too, but i'm not to sure about it, anyways the Canucks are having a 2:45 PST conference, but i don't know what they will be announcing.

I wouldn't think so, they had a press conference at 10 o'clock making it official.

Nonis did say during the press conference they were going to do something by trade

but they already have by trading Sopel, so who know's what it is for.

they did that this morning

8prlQWA.png

Niedermayer perhaps?? :therock:

Probably not.

With Nonis expecting his team's salary to be in the "high 30s" - the limit is $39 million - it's unlikely Vancouver will remain in the market for free agent defenceman Scott Niedermayer.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h080357A

I don't think Vancouver has a chance at Niedermayer any more either but we did trade Sopel after that article came out, so that takes our salary cap down a little bit more.

Niedermayer perhaps?? :therock:

Probably not.

With Nonis expecting his team's salary to be in the "high 30s" - the limit is $39 million - it's unlikely Vancouver will remain in the market for free agent defenceman Scott Niedermayer.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h080357A

I don't think Vancouver has a chance at Niedermayer any more either but we did trade Sopel after that article came out, so that takes our salary cap down a little bit more.

Then why does the article mention the Sopel trade.

Also Wednesday, the Canucks traded defenceman Brent Sopel to the New York Islanders. In exchange for the restricted free agent, the Canucks received a conditional draft pick in the 2006 draft.

Comcast just reported....

FLYERS SIGN FORSBERG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roenick to be traded shortly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

WOW!

Also: Nonis, who is currently on a local radio station said that pretty much every move the Canucks will make is going to be through trade, he also has confirmed that the Canucks are out of the running for Niedermayer

Just went on Comcast Sportsnet site. No such report on Forsberg.

It was on TV. I was watching the 6:30 PM SportsNITE and right at the beginning they broke in and reported the signing. They said it is 100% signed, and that the Flyers will now be trading J.R. ASAP to make cap room.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow! Link?

Don't have one yet, it was on TV.

Archived