NHL Off-Season 2005/06

Suigi

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My head is spinning over all this movement.

Strange...the water in my toilet was spinning from my last movement.

So what of the rumor of the Leafs trying to get Palffy?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

So what of the rumor of the Leafs trying to get Palffy?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

According to FOXSports.com (take it for what you will), Palffy's being pursued by LA, Florida, Toronto, Detroit and the NY Islanders.

On Sportsnet.ca's "Hockey Hearsay", Palffy apparently told a Slovakian paper "that although his former club, the L.A. Kings, are interested in re-signing him, he believes he will end up in Toronto, Detroit or in Florida, reports the Toronto Star."

Now consider this: According to TSN.ca, Detroit's currently got a payroll of about $26.5 million (14 players); LA's at $25.5 (16 players); Florida's sitting at a little more than $10 mill (10 players); NYI has $20 million (8 players); and Toronto's in deep :censored: with $31 million and only 11 players under contract.

Therefore, I highly doubt that Toronto can afford Ziggy. Florida's obviously got tons of room, but I hope to God that LA pulls out the $3-5 million/yr. to keep him around. He's one of the most popular Kings, and to lose him would not be good. LA's got the room for one more big-money guy....T.O. does not. Here's hopin'!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Palffy in Detroit would work for me :D

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

That would mean Datsyuk or Zetterberg would have to go. :P

We can trade Henrick, no problem. :P

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

That would mean Datsyuk or Zetterberg would have to go. :P

We can trade Henrick, no problem. :P

Last thing I read is we (the leafs) are trying tending offers to him, and Detroit might not try to match them. Also he could be traded away in a package or alone for someone.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I just can't stop staring at this one... sure, it's been a few days, but it's still a beauty!

roenick.png

It would be easier to stare at if they changed their number font. I think the Kings and Blue Jackets have the worst numbers in the league. Which is a shame, because I like both of their uni's otherwise (except for the "LOS ANGELES" banner on the LAK jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How the hell is the Eagles #2 WR going down and more Yankees clubhouse fighting rank ahead of the Kariya signing on ESPNEWS??Β Β  :mad:

Hockey doesn't get much respect on ESPN any more....

ESPN really should get over it because, like it or not, hockey is back and making big news in the process. On ESPN.com, NHL is like the 8th sport down, behind ones such as NASCAR, Tennis, and the X Games. <_<

Well you have to think about it. The majority of Americans most likely do care about Pinkston going down, and more about the Yankees than Paul Kariya.

In the US, outside of hockey places like Minnesota and Detroit, I wouldnt even say the NHL is a big 4 league anymore.

So as a hockey fan, I understand it may be frustrating, but thats reality now a days.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I just can't stop staring at this one... sure, it's been a few days, but it's still a beauty!

roenick.png

Mine's better. :D

roenicksweaters.png

Now when are we gonna get Ziggy back?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Man, this offseason has one of, if not, the best offseason in NHL history.

I still can't get over the idea of seeing Paul Kariya wearing that Nashville sweater (As long as it's not that godawful Mustard Yellow alt jersey. Yech!).

Β 

In the US, outside of hockey places like Minnesota and Detroit, I wouldnt even say the NHL is a big 4 league anymore.

Actually, for what it's worth, SportingNews named Phila. the #1 American hockey city.

While I think Phila. is a very good US hockey city, I can't really see it being ahead of Detroit or Minnesota. Maybe after next June :D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived