Twins in red hats at home

gosioux76

The Twins wore the red caps at home last night, again using a uniform alteration as a means of ending a slump.

From the Minneapolis StarTribune:

Desperate for something to end their losing streak, the Twins broke out their vintage red caps Wednesday night. The team also wore those hats last season on Sundays before scrapping the idea.

Manager Ron Gardenhire didn't sound too sure the caps could help the Twins' struggling offense.

"We don't have any red batting helmets," he said. "Are they going to hit in those hats? I think it was the equipment manager who came up with the idea. If we win with it, you can bet we'll wear them the next day."

8415ab7d.jpg

I despised those hats in the 1980s and they are even less conducive to the current uniform. It just looks... :puke:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I despised those hats in the 1980s and they are even less conducive to the current uniform. It just looks... :puke:

I think I'm with OnWis on this one. I like the red hats with the blue alt jerseys, but only marginally.

Hey they beat the A's, probably the hottest team in baseball right now, wearing those bad boys. Why not give'em a chance. I mean the first loss they can get rid of them again. What's the harm? Sometimes the look of a team can take a back seat if it means trying to get out of a slump. B)

That's my 2 cents.

I like the blue hats better than the red. I think its because of the blue undershirts and blue pin stripes. I don't mind the red for a game or two though. I just don't get why (don't kill me if this is obvious) they say TC on the cap for Twin Cities. It's just a nickname of the city and not the name. I can see how the Nats or the Wizards use DC, because it is actually a portion of their city name and not a nickname. You don't see the Pirates (for example) using SC for Steel City.

KISSwall09.jpg

I like the blue hats better than the red. I think its because of the blue undershirts and blue pin stripes. I don't mind the red for a game or two though. I just don't get why (don't kill me if this is obvious) they say TC on the cap for Twin Cities. It's just a nickname of the city and not the name. I can see how the Nats or the Wizards use DC, because it is actually a portion of their city name and not a nickname. You don't see the Pirates (for example) using SC for Steel City.

It was mentioned on here somewhere, I forgot by who, that the main reason they initially used the TC was so not offend the St. Paul residents. They go by Minnesota, but I guess some felt that if they used an M it would be like saying they are from Minneapolis (which I know is where they actually play, but...). So basically it was to avoid trouble, I guess is how you could put it.

I just don't get why (don't kill me if this is obvious) they say TC on the cap for Twin Cities. It's just a nickname of the city and not the name. I can see how the Nats or the Wizards use DC, because it is actually a portion of their city name and not a nickname. You don't see the Pirates (for example) using SC for Steel City.

it's just a unique mongram for the location name. the problem with a "M" is that along with "Minnisota" it could also stand for "Minnionapolis"

this would exclude St Paul. seeing as a MStP logo would be to complex for a cap logo, the "TC" works just fine. IMO it's as nice as the yankees "NY" or the tigers "D"

the problem with a "M" is that along with "Minnisota" it could also stand for "Minnionapolis"

I doubt it stands for either of those

:D

At least Icecap knows how to spell Kitchener. Of course, he probably learned that in one of his amazing college-level classes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

First: "DC" is no more a part of the city of Washington's name than "PA" is a part of Philadelphia's name. The District of Columbia is a federal district. The city of Washington is the only city in said district, and the borders of the city are coterminous with the boundaries of the district. To be technical, "DC" is NOT part of the city of Washington's name.

Second: While I prefer the "underlined M" cap (I still proudly wear my souvenir from my tryout with the Twins after high school... 2 inches of height and 30 pounds of shoulders and chest ago) and prefer it since it is a symbol of their most successful years, I have no problem with using "TC" as a logo. After all, The Devil Rays use "TB", and the last time I checked, they play in St. Petersburg. Tampa Bay is a body of water, and no teams play in said body of water (Bucs, Lightning, D-Rays). "Tampa Bay" is a name for that entire region.

Third: Ditto the NEW ENGLAND Patriots. New England represents 6 states.

Fourth: The CAROLINA Panthers represent 2 states.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

the problem with a "M" is that along with "Minnisota" it could also stand for "Minnionapolis"

I doubt it stands for either of those

:D

At least Icecap knows how to spell Kitchener. Of course, he probably learned that in one of his amazing college-level classes.

nope, just living here all my life :D

Yeah, I get the argument of what you're saying like Tampa Bay or New England, but they declare their name the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and the New England Pats. The Twins don't declare themselves the Twin City Twins. They are the Minnesota Twins. That's why I don't get the TC logo. Would the TC logo be justified then for the Wolves and Vikes?

KISSwall09.jpg

Yeah, I get the argument of what you're saying like Tampa Bay or New England, but they declare their name the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and the New England Pats. The Twins don't declare themselves the Twin City Twins. They are the Minnesota Twins. That's why I don't get the TC logo. Would the TC logo be justified then for the Wolves and Vikes?

well the name "twin cities" ties in to the name of the actual team, the "Twins"

Archived