new MNF graphics package

JBPerry

I don't know if anyone saw this or not, but ABC's got a new graphics package. Instead of the scoreboard being in the upper left, it's on the bottom and when either tem scores it flashes whether it was a TD or FG. I can't say which one I like better because I just saw it tonite, but I wonder if they'll do it like this for their NCAA broadcasts?

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

Why not just keep it in the box in the corner?! I knew sooner or later someone would move the score to the bottom. Everyone thinks they need to try something different. Where else are they gonna move it? NBC already does it on the side for their AFL broadcasts (kind of...half vertical, half horizontal). I think that looks stupid.

It doesn't look good at the bottom because that's where the "other games going on" scores usally are. I look at the scoreboard and keep waiting fo the next game score to flash.

I liked it better with it in the corner on the side of the offensive team. That way when there is a penalty and you just see the ref make the hand signal you know which side it's against.

I just picked up Madden. They changed the score graphic to being along the top of the screen as well. Actually, it works pretty well for the game.

BTW, as for the game....PERFECT! Great job EA... I was a little disappointed in NCAA, but Madden 06 is awesome! The graphics are awesome, the menus are awesome, the music is awesome (LOVE the NFL Films music). Pick this game up!

I just picked up Madden. They changed the score graphic to being along the top of the screen as well. Actually, it works pretty well for the game.

Interesting how ABC moved it to the bottom and EA has it at the top...I would guess EA had no idea about the new MNF graphics package.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It doesn't look good at the bottom because that's where the "other games going on" scores usally are. I look at the scoreboard and keep waiting fo the next game score to flash.

I remember the origional Fox box was at the bottom left of the screen, then they moved it to the top when they realized they were cutting off too much of the action, hopefully this will be corrected. It might have just been a test run.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Nail on the head.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

On the bright side, you'll only have to watch ABC's new graphics for one season.

Unless there's a plan to move it to ESPN next year.

But after about a quarter of getting used to the placement, I found it to be not all that awkward to look down for the info. Most plays end up with a tackle on the ground and it's a bit more natural for the eyes to continue in a downward manner to the game info.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

For some reason, my eye was always distracted by the score bar on the bottom. When it was on top, I didn't even notice it unless I intentionally looked at it. I think your eyes naturally scan downwards, and that's why I don't like it there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

At the top is really the best IMO. The bottom is distracting, it doesnt't look right. ANd the box things, I find take up too much room. Fox got it right at the top.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Anyone remember when some genius at ABC thought it would be a good idea of replacing the standard three-letter city abbrviation with nicknames on the scoreboard? For instance when New England played Miami, instead of NE and MIA they had PATS and FINS? That was the dumbest idea I think I have ever seen. Someone at ABC must have agreed because I haven't seen it since.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

What about graphics getting burned into (projection/plasma) TVs (burn-in). They warn about video game play, but all I watch is sports and ESPN always has the ticker at the bottom, FSN always has the line at the top, and Football always has a box in the corner. Am I in danger here? Could that figure in where networks place or do not place logos or scores?

KISSwall09.jpg

BTW, as for the game....PERFECT! Great job EA... I was a little disappointed in NCAA, but Madden 06 is awesome! The graphics are awesome, the menus are awesome, the music is awesome (LOVE the NFL Films music). Pick this game up!

Huh? No offense, but are you affiliated with EA Sports? As detailed in the Madden 06 thread, just about everyone has been remarkably disappointed with EA's lame rehash of Madden 05.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived