NY may get 2008 and 2010 All-Star Games

Gamingboy

From SI.com's rumor page:

The Yankees may play host to the All-Star Game in 2008 during the final season at Yankee Stadium and also get the All-Star Game in 2010 at the new Yankee Stadium. An official who had been briefed on the discussions requested anonymity because Major League Baseball has not made its final decision on the location of the games.

-- New York Times

Now, of course, this probably won't happen. As it is a RUMOR. But I don't like this at all. I don't think a team should have the All-Star Game twice in 3 years, even if they are in a new stadium. I like the idea of maybe saying "goodbye" to the House that Ruth Built and Reggie remodeled for 2008, but the idea that the Yankees would get it again in 2010 makes me sick to my stomach.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

It may just happen... with the lack of new stadiums in the AL. It'd be a fitting way to close one of the most famous sports venues in the world, and open one of the next ones.

However, I don't really like it... New York will probably get another all-star game when the Mets move into a new stadium, hold one at each venue, that's fine with me.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

From the New York Times itself.

2010 All-Stars at Stadium?

The New York Post reported last week that the Yankees may play host to the All-Star Game in 2008 during the final season at Yankee Stadium. On Wednesday, an official who had been briefed on the discussions said the Yankees may also get the All-Star Game in 2010 at the new Yankee Stadium. The official requested anonymity because Major League Baseball has not made its final decision on the location of the games.

Baseball could wait to award the Yankees a second All-Star Game, because, among A.L. teams, the Angels have not played host to one at their renovated park and the Devil Rays have never done so.

This makes the Home Run Derby kind of interseting as both ballparks are going to have the exact same dimensions.

The New York Post reported last week that the Yankees may play host to the All-Star Game in 2008 during the final season at Yankee Stadium. On Wednesday, an official who had been briefed on the discussions said the Yankees may also get the All-Star Game in 2010 at the new Yankee Stadium. The official requested anonymity because Major League Baseball has not made its final decision on the location of the games.

Baseball could wait to award the Yankees a second All-Star Game, because, among A.L. teams, the Angels have not played host to one at their renovated park and the Devil Rays have never done so.

This makes the Home Run Derby kind of interseting as both ballparks are going to have the exact same dimensions.

Are they going to be similair with seating and such as well? I heard about the dimensions, but I was wondering about the seating and such.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Also, I have a problem with this because the Mets are also going to have a new stadium soon. So, in a 5 year period from 2008 to 2013, 3 of the 5 All-Star games might take place in New York City.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

As for New York

Are they going to be similair with seating and such as well? I heard about the dimensions, but I was wondering about the seating and such.

The new stadium will only hold 50,000 instead of 56,000-57,000 it does now. Although that is still more than most of the new stadiums. The upper an the field level will be reveresed with more seats at fiels level and less in the upperdeck.

As for the All-Star Game being in NYC 3 out of 5 years possibly. That's what happens when you have many Fortune 500 companies in your city. It's the same reason why the NFL has been wanting to put the Super Bowl in New York for years. It's also the reason why a lot of Golf's major championships have been played in the NYC area lately.

The lack of new AL stadiums is kinda farfetched if you ask me. Angel Stadium hasn't hosted one since the remodel, so they should at least get one before the second Yankee Stadium. Plus, if they're ignoring league affiliation in placing them just to showcase new parks as they have been, there's still Petco, the BOB, Citizen's Bank, the new Busch, the new DC park when it's ready, and Great American that can host it before the second Yankee Stadium.

VmWIn6B.png

That's pure horse manure. Another reason why Selig is in bed with Steinbrenner. Luxury tax Selig says, sure, as long as the Yankees can buy a playoff spot so that way everyone talks about them OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER... you get the idea.

Yes to 2008, give it to them in 2020.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The lack of new AL stadiums is kinda farfetched if you ask me. Angel Stadium hasn't hosted one since the remodel, so they should at least get one before the second Yankee Stadium. Plus, if they're ignoring league affiliation in placing them just to showcase new parks as they have been, there's still Petco, the BOB, Citizen's Bank, the new Busch, the new DC park when it's ready, and Great American that can host it before the second Yankee Stadium.

I know that the city of Phoenix, Maricopa County and State of Arizona have petitioned and have been trying to get the 2009 All-Star Game for the Bank One Ballpark

For New York they should let the Mets and Yankees Host in one year.

How you say? Well...

For the first time, Shea handles all the pre-Allstar game activities. Home Run derby and all that jazz. Yankee stadium the game. Second time (at least 5-10 years later) the roles are reversed.

Or the new stadiums, whatever.

For New York they should let the Mets and Yankees Host in one year.

How you say? Well...

For the first time, Shea handles all the pre-Allstar game activities. Home Run derby and all that jazz. Yankee stadium the game. Second time (at least 5-10 years later) the roles are reversed.

Or the new stadiums, whatever.

That sounds cool to me :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Im sick of NY!!!!

Yes yes 911 got it. But really, thats when the love fest with NY started. Didnt we all hate them before that as I recall? They were all jerks and "Im walkin herrre!" And Guliani cheated on his wife and got kicked out of the mayors residence with his mistress. Remember? Anyone?

Archived