Favorite Helmet?

leafs13

The best helmet in all of sports, on the man. Doing what he did best. OWNING the Buckeyes!

woodson2.jpg

Amen

**LOL** Yeah, sure. Ugliest helmet in the game. Unique doesnt mean good, and its not even that unique any more......

ps. Woodson was the greatest professional football player in the history of Michigan football. He got paid much more there than he ever did from the Raiders...

pps. Cooper is gone and Ohio State has wrestled control of the game from Big (lucky) Blue. Tressel is 3-1 and counting...

Welcome to the boards, are you a buckeye fan?

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any of the kicker single-bar ones. I think there's only 2 left in the league now.

There'll be 2 if the Eagles keep Sean Landeta. Or is Gary Anderson with anyone this year? The only one definitely making a roster right now is Scott Player of the Cards. But Dirk Johnson's hernia may not heal in time to start the year, so Landeta will probably stick around.

Not only is he 1 of 2 players still rockin' the single bar, but he and Flutie are the last USFLers left.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The best helmet in all of sports, on the man. Doing what he did best. OWNING the Buckeyes!

woodson2.jpg

Amen

**LOL** Yeah, sure. Ugliest helmet in the game. Unique doesnt mean good, and its not even that unique any more......

ps. Woodson was the greatest professional football player in the history of Michigan football. He got paid much more there than he ever did from the Raiders...

pps. Cooper is gone and Ohio State has wrestled control of the game from Big (lucky) Blue. Tressel is 3-1 and counting...

I know it's not the right forum, but sometimes I just can't resist. I mean, c'mon. OSU fans talking smack about MICHIGAN paying players? Please. For you:

:D:D

osu.gif

spikes.jpg

I like the old school look:f29afd52.jpg

Summerville (SC) High School?

Don't think it's Summerville...it has skully stickers.

Do we have another South Carolina native? Do we? Do we? I live in Rock Hill, go to Winthrop University, and went to Rock Hill High...State Champs 2002 & 2004, mofos!

Oh...and my favorite helmet? I always liked Steve Young's...the plain 2-bar one. I always liked guys that wore the least facemask possible, which is why I wore a QB mask playing the line/linebacker back in middle school.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I know it's not the right forum, but sometimes I just can't resist. I mean, c'mon. OSU fans talking smack about MICHIGAN paying players? Please. For you:

:D  :D

osu.gif

We can't help it that our alumni get better jobs than yours and have more money. Like it's our fault that we can afford better players? I imagine it's tough raking in booster cash at Michigan when all your graduates work at McDonald's and Wal-Mart. Better Jobs and Mo' Money! Just another perk that comes with an education from THE Ohio State University! :P

BB52Big.jpg

I like the old school look:f29afd52.jpg

Summerville (SC) High School?

Don't think it's Summerville...it has skully stickers.

Do we have another South Carolina native? Do we? Do we? I live in Rock Hill, go to Winthrop University, and went to Rock Hill High...State Champs 2002 & 2004, mofos!

Oh...and my favorite helmet? I always liked Steve Young's...the plain 2-bar one. I always liked guys that wore the least facemask possible, which is why I wore a QB mask playing the line/linebacker back in middle school.

Summerville is the Green Wave, but IIRC the merit decals given out don't always reflect the team nickname (Georgia's bones and Ohio State's buckeye leaves notwithstanding).

Yes, I'm from SC.

tzch6.jpg

woodson2.jpg

Amen

Welcome to the boards, are you a buckeye fan?

Yes sir. Ohio born, Ohio bred, when I die, Ill be Ohio dead.

Buckeyes

Browns

Indians

Cavaliers

Im also a long time Maple Leaf fan, but I also will follow the Jackets.

As for the Michigan fan trying to say we play players, a booster got caught paying a player. He was stripped of all his privledges and the player, the starting QB, was suspended immeadiately. We took care of the problem and the NCAA liked how we did so.

I dont remember any of that when Woodson was cashing UM checks in the 90's....

Michigan Helmet: Worst in all of football.

:D  :D

osu.gif

We can't help it that our alumni get better jobs than yours and have more money. Like it's our fault that we can afford better players? I imagine it's tough raking in booster cash at Michigan when all your graduates work at McDonald's and Wal-Mart. Better Jobs and Mo' Money! Just another perk that comes with an education from THE Ohio State University! :P

Good thing this is the logo forum, lest I bust out the US News rankings. OSU has improved, though. I think you guys cracked the top 80! Congrats! :D

spikes.jpg

my favorite has always been the style of facemask that Dan Marino wore. I think that looks the best on quarterbacks.

I agree. The Marino style mask was always my favorite. Joe Namath wore a more squared off version of it in the early 70's. It looked really cool and I have liked it ever since. Does anyone know if Namath was the first QB to wear a "big" mask? Seems to me that back in those days QBs usually wore either the single bar or the old classic two bar with the thin little bars connecting them. The only QBs I can think of that still wear the "Marino" style mask today are Daunte Culpepper, Byron Leftwich, and Brad Johnson.

Ditto on the Namath/Marino half-cage -- my favorite by far.

I don't know if Namath was the first to wear that model or not. Jim Hart of the Cardinals wore one for a few years and I believe Joe Pisarcik wore one for at least a season or two. Come to think of it, I think Ron Jaworski wore one as well. I'm too lazy to look it up, but that will give some of the more motivated and interested facemask fans some leads.

my favorite has always been the style of facemask that Dan Marino wore. I think that looks the best on quarterbacks.

I agree. The Marino style mask was always my favorite. Joe Namath wore a more squared off version of it in the early 70's. It looked really cool and I have liked it ever since. Does anyone know if Namath was the first QB to wear a "big" mask? Seems to me that back in those days QBs usually wore either the single bar or the old classic two bar with the thin little bars connecting them. The only QBs I can think of that still wear the "Marino" style mask today are Daunte Culpepper, Byron Leftwich, and Brad Johnson.

Ditto on the Namath/Marino half-cage -- my favorite by far.

I don't know if Namath was the first to wear that model or not. Jim Hart of the Cardinals wore one for a few years and I believe Joe Pisarcik wore one for at least a season or two. Come to think of it, I think Ron Jaworski wore one as well. I'm too lazy to look it up, but that will give some of the more motivated and interested facemask fans some leads.

From Helmut Hut, this quote:

The longer Namath played in the NFL the larger and more protective his mask became. He entered into the league wearing a Riddell two bar and ending his career with one of the oldest mask made, the open face cowcatcher. "I just don't see why you shouldn't take the extra protection. It doesn't hurt your vision any. You aren't looking down at your chin anyway."

Namath's Super Bowl III Helmet:

namath69b.JPG

Also this:

After breaking a bone in his face, Namath went to this full cage. He said "We've got a couple on our team wearing the one bar, I tell them they are crazy. It's ridiculous running around like that. It's suicide. And there's no reason for it that has to do with playing better. The only reason people wear a one bar mask is because they want to look like somebody wearing a one bar mask."

Namath's 1973 Helmet:

nam3.jpg

Namath's 1976 Helmet:

Namathcow3.JPG

namathsmall2.jpgnamathsmall3.jpgnamathsmall4.jpgnamathsmall1.jpg

Archived