Most Oddball Jersey You've Ever Seen In Person

robbman21

a Throwback Adam Vinatieri jersey. the red one with the royal and white shoulder stripes. why would any one in their right mind buy a KICKER jersey?

Not so uncommon when you've kicked Super Bowl winning field goals and generally earned the reputation as the best big-money, big-pressure kicker of your era.

There are also tons of Eagles fans sporting David Akers's #2. I was nearly one of them, but I had to go with the Freak when they signed him last year - I've been a fan of his since he was at UF.

I could imagine Steelers fans wearing Jeff Reed's #3, Raiders fans in Janikowski's #11 (and Jets fans in Nugent's #1, in time).

The Jets are selling #7 Ben Graham replicas and he's a freaking punter :D

I think they're aiming it at the Aussie market but come on.... he's still just a punter!!

liverpool-1.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In March I was in Hong Kong....

AS I was perusing the Night Market there I noticed a toddler sized Lebron James uniform. The desig was right the logo was right the side panels were right, everything was correct but one thing....

The whole uniform was made with the Denver Nuggets color scheme.

Ok it qualifies as a bad knock off, but it's still the oddest I've seen.

In March I was in Hong Kong....

AS I was perusing the Night Market there I noticed a toddler sized Lebron James uniform. The desig was right the logo was right the side panels were right, everything was correct but one thing....

The whole uniform was made with the Denver Nuggets color scheme.

Ok it qualifies as a bad knock off, but it's still the oddest I've seen.

haha, that's pretty wierd.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

If you click on the men's authentic links, there's some real oddball Mitchell & Ness Jets jerseys, like Wesley Walker, and the 1971 Riggins... can they be legit, even if they're on the Jets site?

Mitchell and Ness does a lot of regional releases that don't make it onto the usual websites. For the Browns, there were releases of Lou Groza and Dante Lavelli that accompanied the Otto Graham, which was more plentiful. I've only lately seen the other two pop-up online. M&Ns website naturally has the most complete selection, but it seems most of their online sales are from third parties.

Another good example would be the amount of players they did from the 95/96 Pro Bowl. Everyone's seen the Derrick Thomas, Elway, or Barry Sanders jerseys, but they also made some for Metcalf, Lomas Brown, and Lamar Lathon.

If you click on the men's authentic links, there's some real oddball Mitchell & Ness Jets jerseys, like Wesley Walker, and the 1971 Riggins... can they be legit, even if they're on the Jets site?

Mitchell and Ness does a lot of regional releases that don't make it onto the usual websites. For the Browns, there were releases of Lou Groza and Dante Lavelli that accompanied the Otto Graham, which was more plentiful. I've only lately seen the other two pop-up online. M&Ns website naturally has the most complete selection, but it seems most of their online sales are from third parties.

Another good example would be the amount of players they did from the 95/96 Pro Bowl. Everyone's seen the Derrick Thomas, Elway, or Barry Sanders jerseys, but they also made some for Metcalf, Lomas Brown, and Lamar Lathon.

Actually the M&N site is NOT the most complete listing of their inventory. They have many jerseys that they have not and do not sell via their site. DistantReplays.com and retrothrowbacks.com actually have the most complete inventory as for whatever reason M&N gives them items to sell that they do not advertize themselves.

All three seem to get different things, but I think M&N consistently has the biggest selection. I don't know how Retro Throwbacks got the 2005 Cardinals throwbacks, since they are a NC located site.

I have the Carter Pro Bowl. It's surprisingly light, considering the stars are stitched on.

It doesn't matter where they are located. M&N has 4 preferred online retailers:

Distant Replays

Retro Throwbacks

Dugout Memories

Jersey Joe

They get preferred selection of all stock and they get new releases before anyone else.

Dugout Memories

And speaking of Dugout Memories,they are located right here in Monroe,Louisiana :D I have to say though that as many times as I went by there I never went inside because the doors were always locked and the whole store-front was covered with steel bars.The reason for this was numerous break-ins once the throwback craze hit,and so visits to the store became by appointment only although it did become open on the occasional Saturday,although I always heard to just go in there and browse was frowned upon.The actual store has since vacated and now the business is run from the owner's home abd only online....although I'm sure if you contacted him and were in the area you could come by to check out the inventory.

On a side story,though I dont remember the owner's name he's the one who actually put me in contact with the people at Mitchell and Ness when we were looking at becoming a retailer back in '03.He was one of the original M&N outlets outside of Philly and it has since become next to impossible to get an account with M&N for a store.They require a minimum $10,000 first order.

Back on the subject I'm going to Wal-Mart and Target tonight so who knows...I may come back with more crazy jersey sightings.

98Falcons.png

Dugout Memories

And speaking of Dugout Memories,they are located right here in Monroe,Louisiana :D I have to say though that as many times as I went by there I never went inside because the doors were always locked and the whole store-front was covered with steel bars.The reason for this was numerous break-ins once the throwback craze hit,and so visits to the store became by appointment only although it did become open on the occasional Saturday,although I always heard to just go in there and browse was frowned upon.The actual store has since vacated and now the business is run from the owner's home abd only online....although I'm sure if you contacted him and were in the area you could come by to check out the inventory.

On a side story,though I dont remember the owner's name he's the one who actually put me in contact with the people at Mitchell and Ness when we were looking at becoming a retailer back in '03.He was one of the original M&N outlets outside of Philly and it has since become next to impossible to get an account with M&N for a store.They require a minimum $10,000 first order.

Back on the subject I'm going to Wal-Mart and Target tonight so who knows...I may come back with more crazy jersey sightings.

His name is Glenn Gough. He is actually a very nice guy. I have ordered a few jerseys and caps from him.

Speaking of M&N, have they given up on doing any new NHL throwbacks? Before their recent website revamp, they had a listing for an upcoming Buffalo Sabres jersey...now it's gone.Anyone know what's going on? They don't reply to my emails....

By far the most oddball jersey I've ever seen in person was in Beijing, China. In a market they had some knockoff "Cooperstown Collection" jerseys. Since they don't really know their baseball all that well they just treat the stuff like clipart. The one that stands out was a nicely done black Orioles jersey with cream colored sleeves with the Orioles script on the front. Problem was the name and number of the back in orange was BRETT 5, belonging to Kansas City Royals star George Brett! To this day I regret not having bought the darn thing.

The other one that bugs me is the throwback Penguns powder blues done up as LEMIEUX 66, who never came close to wearing the 1968 style.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Vinatieri is also in advertising for Papa Gino's, a big pizza chain around New England, and has also appeared in a few furniture commercials.

Papa Gino's.....maybe the worst pizza on the face of God's green earth. I seem to remember Brady doing spots for them while i lived back there...i know he was a dunkin' donuts pitchman...christ...Papa Gino's...terrible,terrible pie. It's the D'Angelo's of the pizza world. by the way, Vinatieri isnt doing Cardi's commercials is he??

Archived