Bills wearing Throwbacks

RickV

Yeah these unisΒ  with the current Bills logo on aΒ  white helmet would be awesome.

i agree. the stationary buffalo looks like bad clip art. it's this uni set's only flaw.

Well it was not bad for 1964

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to see the Bills go to uniforms that look something similar to these:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=20527&hl=

:D

I created a concept with that same helemet years ago. its cool. I really like the throwback jerseys they wore today, but if they were to switch to this, they would for sure need a new helmet.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

How much of this is everyone missing the Bills in Royal Blue?

Seriously. The trowback is nice for a one time thing, but it's evident from the general public reation that the Bills need to return to Royal Blue as the teams primary colour instead of Navy.

For me, it isn't so much missing royal blue as it is hating the mishmash they settled on. Royal and navy together on the same uniform never looks right, but they did it; colored yokes; piping; nickel stripes in the helmet but nowhere else. They wanted to honor their past with the navy and nickel but didn't remove any of the elements of the uniforms from the Super Bowl years, and they added those old colors - mostly navy - through funky, modern accents like piping and the return of the colored yoke.

It looks indecisive and too crowded, like they tried to please everyone and wound up pleasing no one.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I always liked the uniforms they wore in the 90s, and not just because they won four AFC championships with them. The red helmet and the royal blue was always a hit with me. Those are the uniforms I hope they go to full time. Those 60s-70s throwbacks they wore today are nice but the helmet logo really looks dated.

How much of this is everyone missing the Bills in Royal Blue?

Seriously. The trowback is nice for a one time thing, but it's evident from the general public reation that the Bills need to return to Royal Blue as the teams primary colour instead of Navy.

For me, it isn't so much missing royal blue as it is hating the mishmash they settled on. Royal and navy together on the same uniform never looks right, but they did it; colored yokes; piping; nickel stripes in the helmet but nowhere else. They wanted to honor their past with the navy and nickel but didn't remove any of the elements of the uniforms from the Super Bowl years, and they added those old colors - mostly navy - through funky, modern accents like piping and the return of the colored yoke.

It looks indecisive and too crowded, like they tried to please everyone and wound up pleasing no one.

Exactly. Their current look is a mess. These uniforms are a vast improvement. They should be brought back full-time.

Yeah, I'm just not feeling these uniforms. The red in the uniform was very difficult to see. I liked the idea behind them, but on tv, at first glance they looked just like the Colts. Especially since the Colts went with gray facemasks, striped socks and black shoes last year.

The red on this uniform was so thin I could barely see it even on a wide-screen TV unless it was a close-up. There were far too many stripes on the sleeves, which also looked plain white, and the old Buffalo logo was too small. Throwback or not, it just didn't work. They would have been better off going back to the Jim Kelly era uniforms. In fact I still say that's the uniform they should have as their primary to begin with!

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

These uniforms should not be brought back. However, the Bills should do a clean-sheet redesign with the current logo on white helmets and the 1965 uniforms as a base of inspiration...

This, I think, would make the most sense. The inconsistent striping schemes on the '64 uniforms would need to be corrected in any redesign. A clasically inspired uniform utilizing design that would work better with today's more form-fitting, shorter sleeved uniform cuts is the best antidote for the garish monstrosities they'll wear for the next 15 games.

these throwbacks really emphasize how bad their current unis really are. Ralph Wilson

is an owner who listens to the fans, if they like these and or ask for the

royal blue and Kelly era unis to come back hopefully he'll oblige.

IMO, bring back the Kelly era unis and use these throwback for

a couple dates, like opening day, thanksgiving or "big" games.

Ditch the crap they have now all together.

I agree whole-heartedly; I like them for the most part, and I wish that Buffalo would go back to the white helmet.

Some tweaks:

defintely blue facemasks. And using either the current "streak" buffalo or the red standing bufflo is a tossup

Also, and this is my quirk, I think the stripes on the pants SHOULD match the stripes on the helmets; i.e. blue-red-blue

Then, on the road, you wear the blue pants with white-red-white stripes. You'll note that the road throwback equivalent has red stripes on the sleves, outlined in blue....

Thanks,

Jayworld

Also, and this is my quirk, I think the stripes on the pants SHOULD match the stripes on the helmets; i.e. blue-red-blue

Then, on the road, you wear the blue pants with white-red-white stripes. You'll note that the road throwback equivalent has red stripes on the sleves, outlined in blue....

Thanks,

Jayworld

Actually the Bill's white pants did have blue/red/blue stripes starting with the 1975 redesign; and the blue pants did have the white/red/white stripes with that set.

As great as Football Uniforms Past & Present is, if it is ever updated they need to fix the Bills home uniforms as they show the white pants as having red/blue/red stripes from 1975 through 1981. The Bills didn't go back to that stripe pattern until 1990.

Here is an old picture of O.J. Simpson and Joe Ferguson from either 1975 or maybe 1976 that shows (not very clearly) the blue/red/blue pattern. I can't remember if the Bills had blue plastic facemasks in 1976, but it has to be one of those two years since O.J. went to the 49ers for 1977.

OJ01.jpg

These uniforms should not be brought back. However, the Bills should do a clean-sheet redesign with the current logo on white helmets and the 1965 uniforms as a base of inspiration...

I'd cool with that, too. It's not the details of this uniform that I love as much as the spirit - fewer colors, relatively clean lines, simple and elegant.

Provided the redesign doesn't go down the Cardinals' road, I'd be happy with it.

It was unanimous today with everyone i talked to: Those uniforms were absolutely beautiful.

THey need to keep these. I was never an advocate of the Bills going backwards with their uniforms, but my GOD, after seeing those, they have to.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I actually like the stationary buffalo on the helmet. I could never figure out what that line going through the new buffalo was anyways. Just what WAS that suppost to be?

I guess it was just to make it look as if it were moving or something. That's what it looks like to me.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived