Bills throwbacks

patsox

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree (and it's not because I'm a Dolphins' fan)

I think Throwbacks should only be worn when BOTH teams are wearing them.

It looked ridicoulus to see the most modern logo/uniform against a throwback, felt like a bad acid dream...

p.s.: I like the look 'though.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I've always been a supporter of the highly hated new jersey but I agree with patsox, they looked amazing. If they went to these full time my suggestion would be keep the white helmet but put in the modern charging buffalo logo.

i totally agree. i would love to see the BILLS go with a white helmet again. i think white helmets are so underrated.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Those Bills throwbacks worn yesterday are sick and they should wear them every single game. Any thoughts?

I agree 100%. Those were without a doubt the best unis I have seen in a long time.

And to the naysayers...Why the heck does everything have to be "modern" anyway? Man we have turned into such a 5 minute society. If it didn't happen 5 minutes ago it's not worth keeping. Sorry but I am old school to the core. The more throwbacks the better. There's a reason Mitchell & Ness are gazillionaires and it ain't from selling current Falcons and Cardinals jerseys.

just my 2 cents :D

BB52Big.jpg

Those Bills throwbacks worn yesterday are sick and they should wear them every single game. Any thoughts?

I agree 100%. Those were without a doubt the best unis I have seen in a long time.

And to the naysayers...Why the heck does everything have to be "modern" anyway? Man we have turned into such a 5 minute society. If it didn't happen 5 minutes ago it's not worth keeping. Sorry but I am old school to the core. The more throwbacks the better. There's a reason Mitchell & Ness are gazillionaires and it ain't from selling current Falcons and Cardinals jerseys.

Add my 2 cents to yours. Old school is the best school.

metslogo_215.gif

I thought those looked real real sharp. I'd use the modern logo on a white helmet, and then it would be perfect.

Those current white jerseys they use should be replaced too. They are horrible.

mainescarf.png

I think the reason everyone loves the throwbacks is because the current uniforms are so uncoordinated and ugly that anything else would be an improvement.

The throwback is nice, but I wouldn't want to see it every game. I think all the stripes make it too busy. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills wear something from the early 70s/OJ era; still with the standing buffalo, but more conservative striping.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Add my 2 cents to yours. Old school is the best school.

And with that attitude, you're probably still in school, and will be there for a long time.

While the 1965 uniforms were better than what they currently wear, they should not be brought back full-time.

QPR%20Sig.png

When they were first reveled I didnt think they were anything extraordinary. I am usialy not much for throwbacks, but I thought these were hot, the royal blue jerseys looked awsome. They should defenetly think about a permenent switch.

Man we have turned into such a 5 minute society. If it didn't happen 5 minutes ago it's not worth keeping. Sorry but I am old school to the core. The more throwbacks the better. There's a reason Mitchell & Ness are gazillionaires and it ain't from selling current Falcons and Cardinals jerseys.

But, you see, "retro" is a "5 minute" fad.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

But, you see, "retro" is a "5 minute" fad.

I am not talking about "retro" I am talking about tradition. There is a huge difference. There is no good reason to take a perfectly good uniform and turn it into some garish nightmare of misplaced piping and oblong whacked out stripes just for the sheer sake of "updating" or "modernizing" it.

Baseball went through a similar period in the 80's with the pullover jerseys and all the other crazy designs like all red unis, rainbow unis etc. but what happened? In the end they returned to the more "traditional" look. It wasn't as if button up jerseys, home whites and grey road unis were "the latest look." It was simply the best look. After quite a few fashion mishaps in the 70's and 80's baseball decided they had it right the first time and went back to the "retro" look that is still prevalent today.

With that in mind you tell me which is the fad. This current run of who can out ugly the other or traditional gear. I know what I am betting on. In 5 years we'll all be here saying "remember some of those god-awful uniforms NFL and College football teams were going to 5 years ago?"

There is a reason that teams like The Packers, The Raiders, The Steelers, The Dolphins etc. have not "modernized" to a whole new look since the advent of facemasks and better uniform material. The reason is that no one can come up with a way to top what they are already wearing.

Let me make it simple for you. No one is wearing parachute pants these days but everyone still wears jeans. Yeah, jeans have gone through different variations over the years but the essential style remains the same. Parachute pants are now relegated to VH1 and I love the 80's. That's my point. It ain't about "retro" it's about passing the test of time.

If you really think these "modernized" looks will still look good in 5-10 years then more power to you. But I think history has already shown us what awaits those new "modern" jerseys. I am betting they'll look real nice with a pair of parachute pants. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived