Bears Alt

EagleFan344

Actually the one that's been out for 4 years has Blue numbers. The white numbers are the ones they will wear I believe on Oct 11.

Just like the Lions...its not a terrible looking jersey, but its just not right.

They will actually be wearing these on November 13th.

Actually the one that's been out for 4 years has Blue numbers. The white numbers are the ones they will wear I believe on Oct 11.

Just like the Lions...its not a terrible looking jersey, but its just not right.

ah...thanks. Couldn't remember the date. I knew it was the Ides of some month...

ah...thanks. Couldn't remember the date. I knew it was the Ides of some month...

Ooo, bonus for knowledge of the Roman calendar. Most people think that "Ides" automatically means the 15th.... :notworthy:

My .02. I think the jersey looks fine for show, not on the field because you have to take in 1) Bears tradition 2) helmets 3) Pants 4) socks.

If you go with blue numbers/white outline, I hope they go with blue pants and if it's white digits and blue outline, I hope they use white pants.

KISSwall09.jpg

for reference, when ironing out my new football template, I quickly put the bears combos together, and you can kinda see what the orange could look like. Looks like I screwed up the striping, but like I said, I threw this together.

bearscombos.jpg

If I recall correctly, the Bears wore the orange alt jerseys last year on Thanksgiving against Dallas. I think they used the white pants, but my memory is a bit hazy.

Those were throwbacks to the 40's, whereas these obominations are orange versions of the current home jersey. This sickens me, and I dunno if I'll be able to watch that game. IS NOTHING SACRED??? :cursing:

I don't think it looks that bad, but it definitely looks out of place. I think they could have thought it through a little more than just reversing the blue and orange on the jersey, though. That's a cool template, Pat. Is it a pain in the ass to perspective-ize all the numbers and fit them to the jersey? Either way, it's a great display rendering to show a little of what a design would look like on the field. I like the orange jersey better with blue pants, by the way, judging from your rendering.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't think it looks that bad, but it definitely looks out of place. I think they could have thought it through a little more than just reversing the blue and orange on the jersey, though. That's a cool template, Pat. Is it a pain in the ass to perspective-ize all the numbers and fit them to the jersey? Either way, it's a great display rendering to show a little of what a design would look like on the field. I like the orange jersey better with blue pants, by the way, judging from your rendering.

Its been a pain in the ass for AI10. I really haven't tried it in AICS which I imagine with all the nice 3D possiblities it wouldn't be that rough. Its definatly not something you'd want to design on, more for a final display. My goal was to be able to present a full uniform in as few images as possible. With this, I figure you'd be able to do it in 1 (the basics) or 2 if you want to get the back. Also right now I have a no socks look in another layer for college/high school designs and white shoes in another layer. I might start over with a human form and try to do all the sports in this fashion. Who knows. I don't have much spare time these days.

It needs work, mainly club like hand that I tried to draw from scratch, and I think the legs need to be longer. Other than that I'm happy with it and will probably use it for display in my portfolio.

Archived