Southern Cal Football

Cujo

The Hurricanes were much better then the Trojan btw and if not for a stupid Poll taht had FSU ranked ahead of Miami in 2000, and the refs phantom FIesta Bowl Call they would have won 3 straight.

You've got a good point there, but after USC wins out and takes home the National Championship, they will have actually won three in a row. They really are that great.

Miami - 2001

Southern California - 2003, 2004, 2005

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time expired the PAC 10 refs there to safe gaurd against a USC loss gave them 7 extra seconds. Alos there were sevaral phantom peanlaties, this is why Carroll didnt want Instant Replay the fix was in if it was close.

Since when did they change the rules? Anything going out of bounds is the rule and has been for years.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

The Hurricanes were much better then the Trojan btw and if not for a stupid Poll taht had FSU ranked ahead of Miami in 2000, and the refs phantom FIesta Bowl Call they would have won 3 straight.

First, they were not better. Second, they would not have won three straight championships. Winning three straight championships actually first requires winning two straight...and they didn't quite get that done... :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And oh by the way, today's victory over Notre Dame now makes 28 in a row for the Trojans, just six shy of the Hurricanes from 2000-02 with Washington (cake walk) coming up next week.

*Smacks DirtyCurty in the back of the head with a dead fish*

I'm a Washington fan, and that's total blasphemy to say they are a cake walk. They'll upset USC... Hopefully.

And oh by the way, today's victory over Notre Dame now makes 28 in a row for the Trojans, just six shy of the Hurricanes from 2000-02 with Washington (cake walk) coming up next week.

I'm a Washington fan, and that's total blasphemy to say they are a cake walk. They'll upset USC... Hopefully.

*Smacks Seadragon76 back with a plastic toy Trojan sword*

Next week's game between USC and UW should be a rather easy one for the Trojans. Washington was just lit up yesterday by Oregon, a team that the Trojans tore up just a few weeks ago. However, it is being played in Eugene, but that is all the Huskies will have going for them. If UW were to somehow pull it off, it would most certainly be the upset of the decade.

6uXNWAo.png

Has Washington beat a Division 1-A in the last 2 years?

That team has been a diasaster since Nieuhisal was canned.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Has Washington beat a Division 1-A in the last 2 years?

That team has been a diasaster since Nieuhisal was canned.

Give Willingham and company some credit. Their lone win this year did come againt Division I-A Idaho. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

For the last time, the Cryin' Irish were NOT screwed. Notre Dame choked at the end and allowed USC to run down the field and punch it in. They should have dropped to at least 15th with all the ranked teams losing and for being 4-2.

6uXNWAo.png

For the last time, the Cryin' Irish were NOT screwed. Notre Dame choked at the end and allowed USC to run down the field and punch it in. They should have dropped to at least 15th with all the ranked teams losing and for being 4-2.

Leinart doesn't get in without Reggie Bush pushing him in.

Reggie Bush even said to Leinart... "You're welcome. I pushed you in"

IUe6Hvh.png

The first BCS rankings of the season (you know, the rankings that actually matter) are set to be released Monday afternoon, and I fully expect USC to be atop the poll once again, followed by Texas at 2 and probably Virginia Tech at 3.

As for the Irish, eventhough they remain ranked 9th (overrated) in the current AP poll, I not only expect them to be out of the BCS top ten, but they'll probably end up ranked in the late-teens/early-twentys, alongside programs such as TCU and Virginia.

6uXNWAo.png

How is Notre Dame Overrated? They took the #1 team of all time (in your opinion) to the brink. If not for a lucky break, Notre Dame wins that game.

Please keep your Irish-hate to a minimum...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

How are the Irish overrated you ask??

The following Top 25 teams (in bold) have records either equal to or better than Notre Dame.

1. University of Southern California (6-0)

2. Texas (6-0)

3. Virginia Tech (6-0)

4. Georgia (6-0)

5. Alabama (6-0)

6. Miami (FL) (5-1)

7. LSU (4-1)

8. UCLA (6-0)

9. Notre Dame (4-2)

10. Texas Tech (6-0)

11. Florida State (5-1)

12. Penn State (6-1)

13. Boston College (6-1)

14. Ohio State (4-2)

15. Oregon (6-1)

16. Auburn (5-1)

17. Tennessee (3-2)

18. Florida (5-2)

19. Wisconsin (6-1)

20. West Virginia (6-1)

21. TCU (6-1)

22. Michigan State (4-2)

23. Virginia (4-2)

24. Fresno State (4-1)

25. California (5-2)

If they weren't "Notre Dame", they'd be with all the other 4-2 teams, NOT in the Top 10.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived