Southern Cal Football

Cujo

And oh by the way, today's victory over Notre Dame now makes 28 in a row for the Trojans, just six shy of the Hurricanes from 2000-02 with Washington (cake walk) coming up next week.

*Smacks DirtyCurty in the back of the head with a dead fish*

I'm a Washington fan, and that's total blasphemy to say they are a cake walk. They'll upset USC... Hopefully.

No upset today, Huskey fans. Twenty minutes into the game and it's already 34-10, Trojans.

Chalk up consecutive win #29 for the greatest team of our era, the University of Southern California Trojans.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chalk up consecutive win #29 for the greatest team of our era, the University of Southern California Trojans.

What happened to of all time? :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That too. ^_^

Anyone else with me yet that USC could take on an NFL team?? I'd still love to see the Trojans go head-to-head with a piss-poor NFL team like the 49ers, Cardinals, or Texans. Just look at how USC continues to stomp all NCAA competition. It would be a good game for sure.

6uXNWAo.png

That too. ^_^

Anyone else with me yet that USC could take on an NFL team?? I'd still love to see the Trojans go head-to-head with a piss-poor NFL team like the 49ers, Cardinals, or Texans. Just look at how USC continues to stomp all NCAA competition. It would be a good game for sure.

You're right, it does seem like an interesting matchup there, Curty. In fact, I have some predictions.

Texans-45, USC-3

Cardinals-45, USC-0

49ers-45, USC-0

Point is, USC would get wasted by ANY team in the NFL, including the piss poor ones.

That too. ^_^

You're right, it does seem like an interesting matchup there, Curty. In fact, I have some predictions.

Texans-45, USC-3

Cardinals-45, USC-0

49ers-45, USC-0

Point is, USC would get wasted by ANY team in the NFL, including the piss poor ones.

Wow, you sure are nice. I would have USC losing by at least 50. Although you might be right as the NFL team would take the starters out after 1 series.

If USC played an NFL team Lienart would throw at least 5 picks, sacked about 8 times, and Reggie Bush would have negative yards rushing.

USC only won because... Well.... Well, because the Huskies couldn't stop anyone on that team.

Oh, and USC would beat the Texans. Why? Well, let's say Houston would forfeit after David Carr got smeared a grand total of 69 times.

That too. ^_^

Dude, you cannot possibly be back on this. Did you even watch the Notre Dame game? You mean to tell me that Brady Quinn, Maurice Stoval, and Darius Walker did a better job against your boys than David Carr, Andre Johnson, and Dominick Davis would? Houston, by far, is the worst team in the NFL and they would rack USC so fast, they wouldn't know what hit them.

I know I keep saying this, but football games are dominated by interior line play. The worst offensive and defensive lines in the NFL are infinitely better than USC's big uglies. It's not even worth debating because the USC lines would be so thoroughly dominanted.

Give a pro team a good game? USC would be lucky to score a single point. Penn State led Illinois at the half 56-3. If USC was lucky, they could only hope for that kind of margin.

USC is GREAT, for real, but against an NFL team, you have got to be kidding!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That too. ^_^

Texans-45, USC-3

Cardinals-45, USC-0

49ers-45, USC-0

Wow, you sure are nice. I would have USC losing by at least 50. Although you might be right as the NFL team would take the starters out after 1 series.

Actually, I had them in there for 2 series. :P

USC now leads Washington State 38-6 well into the 3rd, so I'm gonna go ahead and call this one.

Chalk up consecutive win #30 for the greatest team of our era, the University of Southern California Trojans.

It still looks wrong seeing the number 2 next to "USC". Everybody knows the Trojans are numero uno.

6uXNWAo.png

USC now leads Washington State 38-6 well into the 3rd, so I'm gonna go ahead and call this one.

Chalk up consecutive win #30 for the greatest team of our era, the University of Southern California Trojans.

It still looks wrong seeing the number 2 next to "USC". Everybody knows the Trojans are numero uno.

If the Trojans don't cheat, This is consecutive Victory #2.

The Irish are better.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

There's no way this team could compete with an NFL team.

Maybe 5-10 guys on this year's USC team will someday play in the NFL. That leaves 20-30 non-pro guys competing against NFL players.

And NFL players are older smarter and faster. Look how bad Eli Manning looked last year.

Maybe if they played 11 or 12 NFL games they could eventually beat somebody, but there defense isn't very good, amd their lines are probably petty small compared to an NFL line.

When players make the leap to the NFL, former college players go through a hellish summer to lose fat and bulk up 10% just to make the team.

The Irish are better.

And that's why the computers have them ranked 23rd in the nation, right?

Computers shouldn't be involved in college sports. If you're going to do polls, do them with humans. If you want to do a playopff, then bring them in.

The way the BCS does things, just makes college football a joke.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

There's no way this team could compete with an NFL team.

Maybe 5-10 guys on this year's USC team will someday play in the NFL. That leaves 20-30 non-pro guys competing against NFL players.

How many honest-to-God players do the Texans have? The Browns? The Packers? Just 'cuz they're drawing an NFL paycheck doesn't make them NFL-caliber players. Expansion dilutes every league, and right now there are a couple hundred guys who wouldn't have had NFL jobs 10 years ago.

They've taken every team's best shot the last 3 years and come out on top. They are the BCS Bowl Game for every team they face, often on national TV, always before a sellout crowd that is often larger than the sellouts in the NFL (FedEx Field is the only 80,000 seat NFL stadium, while there are considerably more among big-time NCAA programs, as large as 110,000+).

I'd happily put cash down on USC taking out the Texans.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

USC 51, Stanford 21

Chalk up consecutive win #31 for . . .

the greatest team of our era, the University of Southern California Trojans.

For you Cryin' Irish fans, two in a row for you guys.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived