Southern Cal Football

Cujo

I just can't believe what happened in the 4th quarter. How did we blow a 12 point lead in under 5 minutes left? To one man? Vince Young? I can't understand how USC's defense couldn't stop him. Reggie Bush didn't do too much tonight either. And what was up with that last play? Leinart shouldve just ran out of bounds and stopped the clock. Also, I definitely thought Bush was going all the way on that break away run with 16 seconds left.

Still in awe. How? How did we lose by 3 points, blowing a 2 touchdown lead in under 5 minutes?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not so good now are they?

You're an idiot. USC lost by 3 points. They're still pretty damn good.

And USC is not overrated.

USC shelacked what Texas fans were calling the greatest defensive football team in the history of western civilization. "They haven't faced a defense like us!!!" they roared. Huh. USC did pretty well I think.

Two words for you homeslice:

Sore. Loser.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Still in awe. How? How did we lose by 3 points, blowing a 2 touchdown lead in under 5 minutes?

USC finally ran out of lucky breaks, that's how.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

not so good now are they?

You're an idiot. USC lost by 3 points. They're still pretty damn good.

And USC is not overrated.

USC shelacked what Texas fans were calling the greatest defensive football team in the history of western civilization. "They haven't faced a defense like us!!!" they roared. Huh. USC did pretty well I think.

WSU in the id says enough...

as for the best team ever?

Here is cnnsi's take?

College Football?s 12 Greatest Dynasties

12. Oklahoma 1948-1951

11. Miami 2000-2003

10. Alabama 1977-1980

9. Oklahoma 1971-1975

8. Army 1944-1946

7. USC 2002-present

6. Florida State 1992-2000

5. Alabama 1961-1966

4. Miami 1986-92

3. Nebraska 1993-1997

2. Norte Dame 1946-1949

1. Oklahoma 1953-58

LINK: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html

I knew my Dad was raising me right on Oklahoma football....

USC is good but they are far from the greatest team ever, regardless of my personal bias. However, I think the result of this game was again why the college game is much different then the pro's. One player in college can make you competive, a great player like Young allows you to stay in games and upset teams that has a whole might be better. This game was just a matter of who's defense was going to make the one play, Texas' did.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

The "pansies" kicked USC's ass.  Scoreboard.

When is a 3-point win an ass-kicking? Some of you are unbelievable. YES, TEXAS IS A GREAT TEAM. But to say USC isn't good, and that they got their asses handed to them is absurd.

Two words for you homeslice:

Sore. Loser.

That's funny, coming from you...

......um, okay?????..... :blink:

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I can't believe the team with the pansiest uniforms of all time won a National Championship.

Long live the Texas Ballet!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

How can you hate these uniforms they are greta classic uniforms.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

USC shelacked what Texas fans were calling the greatest defensive football team in the history of western civilization.

BUT, the Trojans couldn't get across two yards of grass on 4th down against that defense when they HAD to. Texas performed in the clutch against what was billed as the GREATEST TEAM IN HISTORY and scored 15 points in the last 4:30 to win.

I don't care how many Heismans SC has, hats off to the Texas Longhorns, who don't change their classic uniforms all the time to fit craze of the time.

020110_203452.jpg

FsQiF2W.png

Washington State University = WSU.... need I continue?

I know what it stands for, genius. And Clemson is SO much better I guess.

BUT, the Trojans couldn't get across two yards of grass on 4th down against that defense when they HAD to. Texas performed in the clutch against what was billed as the GREATEST TEAM IN HISTORY and scored 15 points in the last 4:30 to win.

Texas made three huge stops that were very impressive...the two 4th down stops, and the interception at the goal line. I won't argue that. But for all the hype about Texas' defense, it sounded like USC wouldn't score 7 points. :P

Texas made three huge stops that were very impressive...the two 4th down stops, and the interception at the goal line. I won't argue that. But for all the hype about Texas' defense, it sounded like USC wouldn't score 7 points. :P

Well, if it wasn't for Texas' generosity on the punt following the first possession, USC would've probably been shutout in the first half (edit: Acually, would've had three, my bad. Then again, that should've been an int on USC's FG drive to end the half.) -- that's pretty impressive. Nobody's going to be able to shut down USC's offense. I don't think there's a defense in the country capable of using their speed to shut down Reggie Bush on the outside, while having the power to shut down Lendale White pounding it up the middle.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, if it wasn't for Texas' generosity on the punt following the first possession, USC would've probably been shutout in the first half (edit: Acually, would've had three, my bad.  Then again, that should've been an int on USC's FG drive to end the half.) -- that's pretty impressive.

USC blew so many opportunities. The first half 4th down when Leinart didn't make it, the Reggie Bush fumble, Leinart's INT... if they played it safe that's probably 9-13 points. Don't get me wrong...the credit goes to Texas...it was impressive.

I say if you call that end of the first half near turnover an INT for Texas, then the second half Texas catch/near fumble should have been ruled a fumble. :P

I did not go to Clemson...

The Clemson pic is because the player pictured shares my last name.

But, yes Clemson would be better.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

The "pansies" kicked USC's ass. Scoreboard.

When is a 3-point win an ass-kicking? Some of you are unbelievable. YES, TEXAS IS A GREAT TEAM. But to say USC isn't good, and that they got their asses handed to them is absurd.

I never said that USC wasnt great. But when youre leading the National championship game by 12 with 6 minutes left and then procede to lose, youve either had your ass kicked or youre a choker. Which would you rather concede to?

metslogo_215.gif

I never said that USC wasnt great.  But when youre leading the National championship game by 12 with 6 minutes left and then procede to lose, youve either had your ass kicked or youre a choker.  Which would you rather concede to?

Other people said "Not so good anymore" - not you Rick.

Getting your ass kicked is losing by 67 in a conference championship game, not losing by 3 in a National Championship game. Sure they may have been "ass kicked" in the last 5 minutes, but that just means they kicked Texas' ass all over the place for 25 minutes in the second half. It was a close game, not an ass-kicking. It was more of a choke...that defense couldn't stop anything, and that last drive was a choke job.

Anyone waiting to take bets on when ESPN starts saying Texas is the greatest team ever?

Well Dan Shanoff seems to think so.

But he doesn't really count because I think he usually writes his "Quickie" columns in an altered state. :P

IMO '95 Nebraska would have beaten both USC and Texas.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived