Bad Call Umps...

JQK

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alcs_strike.jpg

It's clear that the ball didn't hit the dirt.

Yes, it's clear when you have still frames and slow motion replay. But at full speed (The speed they have to make the decision at) it's not so clear. It's not as clear as you make it seem. It's the saem thing as the Denkiner (SP?) call in '85, looks clear with slow motion but it is not clear at full speed.

I have a strange feeling some Cardinals are gonna be complaining about the calls that have gotten LaRussa and Edmonds ejected today.

Also, why does everyone assume that the Angels would have won game 2 without that call?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Bottom line is.... YOU CANNOT QUESTION THE STRIKE ZONE. If you were, nearly every close pitch and every called strike 3 would be argued from the dugout or batter's box and games would last dang near 4 hours.

Blame Jim Edmonds. He knows he can't call an umpire the P-U-double S-Y word and get away with it.

I'll agree with you though.....Phil Cuzzi does not have the best strike zone. He's only been in the league for 6 years and has two Division Series under his belt. This is his first LCS.

Phil Cuzzi's bio

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

After that call the series was 1-1

the Angels couldn't win ONE game at home?

Can't blame the Umps for the lost of the series. The White Sox were just better.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

After that call the series was 1-1

the Angels couldn't win ONE game at home?

Can't blame the Umps for the lost of the series. The White Sox were just better.

I agree with you. I thought "The Angels had 3 straight home games... and lost all three of them".

It's a bit silly say that the guys had low moral because of that famous call.

jkrdevil, of course. We can say that the umpire blown his call but he couldn't see properly from his actual position. The other umps are a bit far from home plate and that was a night game.

As someone said around the forum, the catcher always must touch the batter after the third strike to avoid further problems. And Angels' Paul didn't do it.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

In terms of the Pierzynski play, this is why the local high school coach on one occasion pulled the catcher out of the game because he didn't throw the third strike to first, even though the ball was obviously cleanly caught. We were taught to always complete the play at first, because that way there is no question that the batter is out.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived