New KU Basketball Uni's

bri1275

Here's the first look at the new Kansas basketball uniforms made by adidas. I'm not real fond of them. The numbers have thankfully not changed, the sides are ok as are the shorts but I really hate the trim used on the neckline. I'm also surprised that they seem to have gone with a more traditional cut on the jersey. At least it's not the wide shoulder Wisconsin and L-ville look.

moody_and_stewart_t600.jpg

sm_bigmen_uniform_t600.jpg

Those are just fine, the Nike ones were a little better but this isn't a huge loss.

You're right though, what is up with the neckline? If the red went all the way around it would be fine.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

They change every damn year, don't they?

Then again, who doesn't.

Oklahoma State has had the same Nike template since the late 90's, with the only change to it coming when OSU updated all the logos a few years back. It's a great look for us, and I hope we don't change it for a very long time.

Then

257dmace6oz.jpg

Now

22540094qo.jpg

Back to the KU uniforms, I don't like them hardly at all. The red neckline coming to an inexplicable end, the double helix shorts, and even the Jayhawk on the shorts look out of place to me. They're not as bad as Texas Tech, but I expect more out of an old classy program like Kansas.

Nice Unis - I miss the 'KU' at the bottom of the V-Neck. That was a nice touch.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Okla St. Then > Okla St. Now

Put me down for one of those too. The OSU look was a downgrade. The number font is ridiculous looking, especially for a team that plays in Oklahoma, with a nickname "Cowboys". Bad juxtaposition of ultramodern and Old West. Looks even worse on the football field.

As for KU: for a team that has a "look" they keep tweaking it. And it's getting farther away from the pinnacle they reached a few years back. There's gotta be an explanation for that... um, neckline thing they've got going on. Any ideas?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Kansas jerseys look like they are wearing red and blue tanks underneath, if that makes any sense.

Also, my favorite Kansas jerseys are from 2003, when they got their asses kicked by Syracuse.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's OK, but I don't like the trim on the collar.

I do like the placement of the addidas logo, kinda hidden on the shorts and it appears not at all on the jersey--it's the next best thing to leaving the logo off.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived