"Futuristic" College Jerseys

mike42

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unfortunately people will buy this crap and this is why Nike does things like this. it's all about the bottom line, and if they can market an orange sleeve as futuristic and sell a bunch more jerseys then they will do it. It's not right, but thats they way it goes.

The only way to stop travesties such as this is for people to STOP BUYING NIKE.

Dont buy their warmups, not their shoes, not their authentics, not their replicas. I have been boycotting Nike for years now, and I plan to continue. They are singlehandedly ruining sports uniforms.

I hate Nike, and I hate you for buying anything made by them.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Dont buy their warmups, not their shoes, not their authentics, not their replicas. I have been boycotting Nike for years now, and I plan to continue. They are singlehandedly ruining sports uniforms.

¡Viva la Revolución!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

According to Eastbay. the 4th team is Florida, not USC.

hmm strange Beamer said it was USC.

Boston College game notes: Nike unveils new jersey for Hokies

Nike has remodeled Tech?s uniform along with the jerseys of University of Southern California, the University of Miami and the University of Oregon to complement college football?s newest fashion statement set by the likes of Williams, Marcus Vick, Roland Minor and many other Hokie players.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

A certain degree of the say must go to the players, though. I promise you that players who aren't worried about how much they hate the uniforms they're wearing are going to have a psychological advantage over someone who is always thinking about how bad he looks in his uniform. If they players like them, you can't really argue too much with them. They are the ones who wear them, after all.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This whole thing is just stupid. One sleeve another color, for what?

No apparent reason, other than "just because". Nike Team Sports has really

gone downhill the past few years in the area of design and common sense.

I am just disgusted with the everything they come out with nowadays :mad:

I agree that Miami had solid identifiable unis prior to the whole Nike piping alteration. Hell, they had a built in alt jersey with the orange or green and now they are simply the template for every nike school from Arizona to East central High. When they remake IU's football jersey over with piping, I will finally give up and kiss the tailpipe. I avoid their stuff anyway, but they are the evil empire.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Dude, your way off. Its the schools that decide on these changes. Nike introduces new things and its up the schools to accept or decline.

Why doenst Nike do ridiculous changes to USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas A & M, Texas, etc..... Its cause these schools dont accept the sweeping changes.

You channeling your anger to Nike and not the school that decides that thier teams look like and what gear goes on sale is a little silly.

Dont blame Nike, blame your school.

Dude, your way off. Its the schools that decide on these changes. Nike introduces new things and its up the schools to accept or decline.

Why doenst Nike do ridiculous changes to USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas A & M, Texas, etc..... Its cause these schools dont accept the sweeping changes.

You channeling your anger to Nike and not the school that decides that thier teams look like and what gear goes on sale is a little silly.

Same with UGA, another school with big tradition. If Nike "Miami-ized" the UGA uni's there would have been severe riots in Athens. Instead all they did was just change the material and put a solid black collar and stripe on the sleves. Probably the most outlandish thing that Nike has done to their uniforms is issue the team gray pants instead of silver britches.

Same with UGA, another school with big tradition. If Nike "Miami-ized" the UGA uni's there would have been severe riots in Athens. Instead all they did was just change the material and put a solid black collar and stripe on the sleves. Probably the most outlandish thing that Nike has done to their uniforms is issue the team gray pants instead of silver britches.

Similarly, UNC has de-Niked considerably. At its worst, we had navy drop shadows on the football jerseys and the interlocking "NC" monogram across the chests of the basketball jerseys instead of the school's name. After sufficient public outcry, Nike bent to the will of its most popular (by merchandise revenue, anywy) client, and has restored the older uniforms with modern materials and slight updates.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This whole thing is just stupid. One sleeve another color, for what?

No apparent reason, other than "just because". Nike Team Sports has really

gone downhill the past few years in the area of design and common sense.

I am just disgusted with the everything they come out with nowadays  :mad:

Well, apparently nike will be starting this new one sleeve one color, the other sleeve another color thing as a marketing ploy for people to start buying socks in all different colors and then mix and match em. Nike is starting to act like that old Popsicle commercial with the kid and the pug, "The colors Duke, the colors..."

The VT jersey would be nice if the sleeves were the same color.

Archived