"Futuristic" College Jerseys

mike42

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a little scared to think of what these will look like, my guess is solid orange with some sort of huge U logo on the front.

after seeing the real things this dosn't sound half bad. at least a plain orange jersey with a giant "U" would take some messure of creativity. all they did here was change the colour of one sleeve.

When my sports management class interviwed U of Miami athletic director Paul Dee this past summer, he told us that the Canes would be wearing a jersey with two different colored sleeves. He also tipped us about the throback jersey before that was made public.

When I saw the new undershirts that Nike was putting out this season, I thought Dee had been talking about those. Apparently, he actually meant a jersey.

Stupid, Stupid Nike.

Also, this is post 1500. Suckers.

Puma has already done this with soccer jerseys (Fulham, Chicago Fire). Oh, yeah -- Puma is owned by Nike, isn't it? Or was it adidas that owns Puma?

what I don't understand about this jersey and the Oregon one posted in the other thread is, what

makes these "futuristic"? and where did that term start with these jerseys? The jerseys posted

are hardly futuristic, the Oregon one is contending for worst-jersey-ever and Miami has

just recolored a sleeve. Wow! Doc Brown and Marty must have brought these ideas back with

them and sold them to the folks in Beaverton for a fortune. In all honesty, the unis that both teams wear currently are the most futuristic in the NCAA in terms of cut and sew, colorization, piping and the materials they use. Isn't that what Nike always touts, is new fabrics and

stylings to help range of motion, breathability blah, blah... So how does faux metalplate

silkscreened on a sleeve (refering to Oregon) beat that?

Is it permissible to hate a team based soley on the fact that they are a bunch of shoe company sheep that will try out any new uniform style no matter how HIDEOUS in an effort to be trendy?

Those uniforms are a disgrace. Whoever is coming up with these should be sterilized so that they don't reproduce. (I will stop short at wishing them death)

BroncosSig.jpg

Put me in a corner but the two sleeve colors aren't half bad (Oregon is still dumb), there are far worse uniform trends around.

And if I actually had money I might consider getting a VT jersey.

You can now commence with your puke smileys on my name.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

If I had a guess, it seems that Nike is trying the two-sleeve plan in connection with their "under armor" line that they have been using this year. Remember, we have already been posting about how bad those look, but in reality, they aren't that bad. I've got to think that the connection has to do with these two-colored designs.

ducks-large.jpg

Exactly. I have no doubt the 95% of the Miami and Virginia Tech players will be sporting the opposite colored sleeve compression shirts under these jerseys.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived