Edmonton Oilers Honour Paul Coffey

ROCHitman

Sorry if this was discussed before.

Edmonton Oilers Press Release

Interesting not -

To commemorate Coffey?s achievements, some Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) drivers on route #7 will be wearing Paul Coffey?s jerseys, while Fire Hall #7 will be flying an Edmonton Oilers flag that same day.

Alos, The Great One's Coyotes are the opponent tommorrow night.

This is one one of my fav. jerseys OF ALL TIME.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I brought this up in the "NHL Off-Season 2005/06" thread, but good luck finding it among the 40+ pages of posts.

Paul Coffey is a legend in Edmonton. It's great to see him get honored for all those great years he gave to the Oilers. :notworthy:

6uXNWAo.png

That shade of orange and that shade of blue do not work well together--well, at least it's a step up from what they wore in the early days of the WHA--their current jersies are much better.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Those Oilers uniforms are better tehy shoudl go back.

I said I'd disagree, and I do--that blue does not go with that orange--when they played the Islanders in the finals in 83 & 84 it showed whose blue & orange matched better (Isles--although their shades look different now too)

The new Oiler colours are better. The old ones look dated as well.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think you're wrong, Stamp, those jerseys were really nice. Just because you're from Calgary, doesn't mean you have to piss all over it. ;)

But I will agree that the new ones are quite nice as well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think you're wrong, Stamp, those jerseys were really nice. Just because you're from Calgary, doesn't mean you have to piss all over it. ;)

But I will agree that the new ones are quite nice as well.

Actually the dislike I have for the unis has nothing to do with where they're based--they're not the worst ever.

And other than the very 70's ish logo I like their current jersey-I wouldn't buy one because they're my team's rivals. But I do like the current ones. So it's not a case of that--I just don't think that shade of blue works with that shade of orange.

But I will say this--they are less ugly than the earlier WHA versions. Also remember the Oilers were in the NHL without a Calgary team--and I was a fan then as well.

I see the emoticon and realize you're just having fun, but I thought I should explain that.

I also think the Flames fire breathing horse logo is one of the worst all time in the NHL.

Archived