Favorite Busch Stadium Memory

Cujo

Since it's starting to look as if this may be it for the Cardinals in 2005, there will be no more games at St. Louis' famed Busch Stadium as it gives way for a stadium in St. Louis next year.

As for my favorite memory, it has got to be Mark McGuire's 62nd homerun against the Cubs during the great homerun chase of '98 with himself and Sammy Sosa. The atmosphere was simply amazing and having the Cubs and Sosa in town for the game added to the moment.

6uXNWAo.png

Since it's starting to look as if this may be it for the Cardinals in 2005, there will be no more games at St. Louis' famed Busch Stadium as it gives way for a stadium in St. Louis next year.

As for my favorite memory, it has got to be Mark McGuire's 62nd homerun against the Cubs during the great homerun chase of '98 with himself and Sammy Sosa. The atmosphere was simply amazing and having the Cubs and Sosa in town for the game added to the moment.

You fluffing jinks it. Yes I know I'm infringing on your copyright by using the word "fluffing", but Godfluffit, why the fluff did you have to do that, man!?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

for the record dirty curty, i officially hate the astros now more than i hate the cubs. just thought i would let you know.

as for my favorite memory of busch....i havent ever been to a game when anything dramatic happened but any time i am in or even around that ballpark i am in heaven. Its far and away my favorite place on god's green earth. So i'll just say every memory of busch is my favorite and i'm gonna have a tear in my eye when that place comes down.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

My first memory of Busch is that:

When I was little I couldn't understand why they painted the Cardinals helmet facing the "wrong way"... facing left. Now, there is no right or wrong way... obviously. It's just that as an 8 year old I as so miffed by that!

I live in Cleveland, so I've never been there. After the renovation though... man the place looks great.

As for my favorite memory, it has got to be Mark McGuire's 62nd homerun against the Cubs during the great homerun chase of '98 with himself and Sammy Sosa.  The atmosphere was simply amazing and having the Cubs and Sosa in town for the game added to the moment.

"Down the left field line, is it enoughhhh?, Gone! There it is! 62! Touch first Mark, you are the new single season home run king!"

-Joe Buck FOX Sports 9/8/1998

bat62a_090998ap.jpgmcgwire_sosa.jpg

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

man its funny how dirty curty always happens to be a fan of the best teams.

Would you relax. I'm sure your favorite Wrigley Field memory is Bartman.

Cardinals fans need to realize, there is no reason for anyone outside of St. Louis (or another location that's been a cardinals fan forever) to like the Cardinals. We've won 9 championships, got a jerk for a manager, boarderline cocky players, we've in the playoffs all the time recently, our entire coaching staff has mullets, get labeled the best fans in baseball (which if I was a fan of any other team would piss me off more than anything), and they aren't all that exciting unless you are a fan. They do their thing and they go home. They don't jump around, they don't celebrate on the field. What is there for a casual fan or fan of another team to like? If I wasn't a Cardinals fan I'm sure I'd hate them just as I hate the Yankees. But I guarantee you most of them respect the Cardinals. You can hate and still respect. I respect what the yankees have done, and I respect how they go about the game because its so similar to how the Cardinals go about their game. I respect the fans and most of the players of the Cubs because they've put up with more crap than we can ever imagine.

Dispite all those things I said were bad about the Cardinals, I think 9 championships makes us the best NL team, I think LaRussa is a genius, I think the players are professional, we're successful so screw you, Mullets are awesome, we ARE the best fans in baseball, and they are exciting. Its homerism at its best (or worse).

I enjoy watching the White Sox, this year. I enjoy watching every yearly "it" team. But I didn't enjoy watching them for the 22 other seasons of my life. And that's where teh Cardinals and the Yankees are in a seperate class when it comes to the entire country (in a way, I'm not propelling the Cardinals as the best franchise or anything so don't accuse that, this is purely for what I'm talking about). There is no reason for all of America to love the teams.

I don't know. I was reading an article by Bill Simmons talking about how he hoped the Astros would win. And I was thinking to myself, "how can you think that??" But the more I thought about it, I started realizing all those times I got upset when people didn't fall in love with the Cardinals, they didn't see it how I did and I certainly didn't see it how they did. I've understood the Yankee obsession more and more over the last few years and started to align myself with that side as hard as its been. I'm finally coming to grips with the fact that, the Cardinals just aren't likeable.

I don't think I want it any other way.

My fave Busch Stadium memory:

RST_10.27_bg.jpg

On an unrelated topic: my favorite Red Sox memory:

BXF14310080230.jpg

BXF13810080111.jpg

Guess we're even now.

Anyway, back to the point of this board. My favorite Busch memory is Big Mac hitting #62 because I was one of the lucky fans to get to witness it in person. It was an unbelievable atmosphere that night, and I'll never forget it.

My fave Busch Stadium memory:

RST_10.27_bg.jpg

On an unrelated topic: my favorite Red Sox memory:

BXF14310080230.jpg

BXF13810080111.jpg

Guess we're even now.

Anyway, back to the point of this board. My favorite Busch memory is Big Mac hitting #62 because I was one of the lucky fans to get to witness it in person. It was an unbelievable atmosphere that night, and I'll never forget it.

:lol: Burn! :lol:

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Bob Gibson hit a home run on the first visit to Busch that I can actually recall (been going since I was a lil' bambino in 1968).

I was present for McGwire's 500th.

I was present when Dmitri Young hit a late-inning triple to win Game 4 of the 1996 NLCS.

I was present for Rick Ankiel's first implosion vs. Atlanta in the 2000 NLDS.

But my best Busch Stadium memory will be June 3, 1994 - Cards 2, Giants 1 -- my first date with the young lady that would become my wife.

I've been going to Busch for Cardinal baseball games for 38 of its 40 years and there are two things that I never saw in all of that time . . . I never saw the Cardinals beat the Dodgers and I never saw the Cards play the Rockies.

My least favourite Busch Stadium moment is when the Cardinals managed to come back from being one out away from elimination to beat the Houston Astros in the 2005 NLCS.

If that DOESN'T happen, I'd be surprised. And elated.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Archived