Oregon's Futuristic Jerseys

SteveToms

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, and why don't we settle down and have fun with a rattlesnake, while we're at it?

I see no innovation at all with this uniform, aside from reaching new levels of lunacy in the sports world. It's a case of Nike rolling out a product for the sake of saying "Look what we can do!" It uses a template that's already in use by many schools, and from the looks of it, it's made of materials that we've already seen before (unless the diamond plating is actually made of some sort of titanium alloy). IMO, there's simply nothing redeeming for Oregon's diamond-plated atomic monster. The only thing keeping that uniform from getting the Four Horsemen to jump-start the apocalypse is the lack of highlighter-yellow pinstripes. Add pinstripes to that uni, and you've got yourself an honest-to-goodness sign of the end times.

:notworthy::notworthy:

As I said earlier, there would be a REVOLT against Nike, instead of the NFL/Reebok. At least it will only be worn once. However it was mentioned on PANTONE's board that Va. Tech will wear the fuglys if they are the home team in a bowl game, which in all cases will happen, providing that they do not lose from here on out. For all of our sakes, let us all hope that these will never be worn again and that we can hit the nail in the head on this entire post and never talk about these jerseys because they are a disaster waiting to happen. I will probably be making some concepts based on these so-called Futuristic Jerseys, but not too many of them.

:puke: :puke:

i think they dont realize that a futuristic jersey shouldnt look like:

a) a piece of crap

b)it was made by a kindergardner

c)its from the PAST

they should stop where they are now and just give up

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

What do you expect from Oregon?

The joke of a school that has introduced the NCAA to day glow...put up a billboard of a crappy quarterback in Times Square touting him for the Heisman, and generally been an embarrassment to the PAC 10 for the better part of the last decade?

I may hate Oregon almost as much as I hate ASU.

Well, not quite that much

• 3 weeks later...

From the Sunday Oregonian:

"Duck's uniforms this season are anything but uniform"

...For the Civil War, it is said the Ducks have a jersey that mirrors the ones worn by Florida and Virginia Tech earlier this month.... Oregon, also outfitted by Nike, is said to have a version that's green with a yellow right shoulder and sleeve. Oregon sports information director Dave Williford said he did not know if a new uniform would be unveiled this season.

and generally been an embarrassment to the PAC 10 for the better part of the last decade?

Go ahead and hate (I feel the same way about OSU), but how do you factually support your statement?

Until USC started its run, Oregon had the top winning percentage in the Pac-10 over the last decade. Except for last year, they put together a string of winning seasons. While Harrington may be a bust in the NFL, he was a "winning" college QB and did get in the final group for the Heisman on a team that finished #2 in the country. While everyone probably agrees the Lightening Yellow jerseys are awful, the kids like them and that creates a "buzz" around the campus that helps recruit, etc. The facilities are first rate and the graduation rate is up as well.

Archived