Oregon's Futuristic Jerseys

SteveToms

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven't seen a picture of these posted yet, but it is ugly.

Oregon.jpg

O. M. F. G.

Friends, the River City Rascals, Arsenal '85, and that Moscow hockey team sponsored by a steel mill have officially been knocked off their perch.

Um...OW.

Worst.

Jersey.

Ever.

I dunno what's the absolute worst about these....the awful number font or the steel floor pattern on the sleeves.

Truly, truly, awful.

I will give Nike and Oregon this much...they found a way to make the highlighter yellow jersey look great by comparison.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

The future looks lame and cheap. What the hell are they smoking??!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Cripes you guys it's ONE GAME. Why not have a little fun and just appreciate the innovation, whether it be good or bad? I don't get some of you guys. You critique other people's concepts/logos all the time and typically use constructive criticism, so why not when an actual jersey/concept is released?

Settle down and have some fun with it!

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

Cripes you guys it's ONE GAME.  Why not have a little fun and just appreciate the innovation, whether it be good or bad?  I don't get some of you guys.  You critique other people's concepts/logos all the time and typically use constructive criticism, so why not when an actual jersey/concept is released? 

Settle down and have some fun with it!

Yeah, and why don't we settle down and have fun with a rattlesnake, while we're at it? :P

I see no innovation at all with this uniform, aside from reaching new levels of lunacy in the sports world. It's a case of Nike rolling out a product for the sake of saying "Look what we can do!" It uses a template that's already in use by many schools, and from the looks of it, it's made of materials that we've already seen before (unless the diamond plating is actually made of some sort of titanium alloy). IMO, there's simply nothing redeeming for Oregon's diamond-plated atomic monster. The only thing keeping that uniform from getting the Four Horsemen to jump-start the apocalypse is the lack of highlighter-yellow pinstripes. Add pinstripes to that uni, and you've got yourself an honest-to-goodness sign of the end times.

Archived