Most underrated college logos.

sacker12

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made a concept earlier of the Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves...I love their logo. I also think the Western or Northern Kentucky Hilltoppers logo is just hilarious. THe red guy who looks like the Grimace from McDonalds.

Western's logo is classic. I think they're going to switch and just that red towel as a primary logo now though.

Upon reviewing the play, I nominate Binghamton. It's pretty much a made-up creature, but it really does look like a bear and a cat at the same time. Kudos to it, and bonus points for it being rendered so well. There's also a cool side-view of the bearcat on the athletics website. Cool text as well.

BinghamtonBearcats.GIF

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I gotta pimp my alma mater here... the logo for the D-I RPI Engineers hockey team is wonderfully creative. (The circle with RPI is the school's old logo, still quite popular.)

About 10 years ago, the school campaigned to change the nickname to Redhawks, to be more representative of the non-engineering majors at the school. They succeeded - with every sport except hockey. So RPI actually has a nickname just for the men's and women's hockey programs, with their very own Puckman logo:

rpi.gif

(Couldn't find one of better quality...)

Towson University has a solid alternative to Pacific and Missouri's tiger.

http://www.towsontigers.com/

I work about 1/2 mile from the Towson campus and have lived about 8 miles away all my life (except my years of higher education). I think I've always taken the athletic program for granted. On taking a second look at the relatively new logo, it is pretty well done.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I've always been fascinated by Stanford, how they sneak in the university's location without actually saying it.

Which Stanford logo are we talking about? The "S"? The Tree? Could you provide a picture of what you're talking about. I've seen the alternate, but I couldn't tell you that the skyline is that of Palo Alto without the wordmark.

Palo Alto is Spanish for "high stick". Is there a high pole logo?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

QUOTE (BigShoop @ Thursday, November 3rd, 2005 - 10:13:12)

Montana Grizzlies?

that montana grizzly is not actually sanctioned by the University of Montana - it was greated by Zephyr -the hat comany - for their "X line" brand of hats - it's not used by the University anywhere.

That's too bad. That's a great looking Grizzly. Montana should make it its main logo. A heck of a lot better than a script Griz.

The new Hoya logo is infinitely better than the old one.

georgetown-logo.gif

And if you think its a ripoff of UGA's logo, then props to Georgetown, because they did a way better job on theirs. The UGA bulldog logo is not very good at all.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Upon reviewing the play, I nominate Binghamton. It's pretty much a made-up creature, but it really does look like a bear and a cat at the same time. Kudos to it, and bonus points for it being rendered so well. There's also a cool side-view of the bearcat on the athletics website. Cool text as well.

BinghamtonBearcats.GIF

Wow thanks for noticing Binghamton's. I really like Ohio too. I just transferred to Binghamton from Buffalo. I thought Ohio had the best logo in the MAC along with Northern Illinois.

I like Binghamton's logos too.

Here's the side view:

logo.gif

buffalo_sig.png

Defintely the CU logo. SDSU and SJSU are okay. The Coastal Carolina PR department needs to realize that the bird has a ballsack under its chin, though it is a sweet logo.

Archived