Worst logos ever

vicfurth

Okay, enough minor leagues, enough roller hockey--it's time for some real hardball. Considering how this logo is used, how huge it is on the cap, how it replaces some good prior logos, and just the general reaction to the new direction of the look of the team, I present this for your consideration: the current Toronto Graphite Jays logo.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, it's pretty bad..

ghost.gif

It pains me to say it, given that team was my life for a good six months, but you're absolutely right.

Trust me, I'm still trying to convince them to let me redesign it. :P

Most of the KIJHL is just terrible, but the worst has to be the Princeton Posse, with their butch-looking cowboy.

posse.jpg

Actually, I'd have to go with the older college logos from the late-1960s through about the mid-80's. Kansas State and Oregon State are the two that come to mind right off. Just a cartoony animal wearing the schools letter sweater.

OregonStBeavers.GIF Oregon State

KansasStateWildcats5.GIF K-State

BaylorBears2.GIF Baylor

BYUCougars10.GIF Then there's this hideous monstrosity...Dear Lord, help us all

Yet ironically, rockchalk's avatar is a cartoony animal mascot wearing the school's letters across its chest. <_<

I actually prefer some of the cartoony mascots, though I couldn't tell you why. But I'd take UNC's Struttin' Ram any day over the modern ram's head they have now.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Bulls go with stars because of the taurus constellation...I think it was already mentioned on here, maybe you missed it. I guess bulls go with just a western theme, which would fit Dallas, since they have the Cowboys and Mavericks. I'm not from Texas, nor have I ever been there, so maybe someone who has could clarifiy what a bull has to do with Dallas.

Fort Worth is known as 'Cowtown' because of the huge stockyards on the north side of town, now a big museum (they still drive longhorns down the street twice a day for the benefit of the turistas). I suppose the bull is their way of throwing a bone to that other city down the road.

A few old indoor soccer logos that might be in the running (courtesy of logoserver.com):

ChicagoHorizons8081.GIFNJRockets8182.GIFCantonInvaders89.GIF

BaltimoreSpirit92.GIFBaltimoreSpirit95.GIFEdmontonDrillers98NPSL.GIF

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

One thing that should probably be taken into account here is the tools available to the artists of their day.

Stuff from the 40's, 50's, hell all the way up to the early 1980's, really should be judged less harshly than the stuff of today. Back then a lot of this stuff was done freehand, without computer technology and such. There also wasn't any emphasis at all placed on marketing a team's brand, which meant that a whole lot less emphasis was placed on having one that was actually worth a damn.

nav-logo.png

a lot of these logos are just poorly drawn, or are trying too hard....

however, my entry is just wrong on a fundamental level... never has a logo represented a fanbase, a team, or a team name less accurately.

DAL_73.gif

Not really it just needs some work a.k.a. define the bull more and lose the uterus lines.

i guess move the team to a different city in texas, that has a history of livestock, might help too...

what the hell do bulls have to do with dallas? or stars?

and why is there red?

and what exactly are "uterus lines"? :)

Actually, Dallas does have a history in livestock, not to mention that there is a livestock show every year at Fair Park in, oddly enough, the livestock building.

I always thought this logo would look fine without the red swoosh.

Right on the money!! The Dallas alternate SUCKS!

I'd also add the LA Clippers to my list.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived