Arizona Basketball

ZoDogg34

The current set of Arizona basketball unis has basically been around since the 1995-96 season (with a few minor changes here and there).

It's time for something new.

Every team in the athletic dept. has a uniform that features the new font, even the womens basketball team, but the mens basketball team sticks with the old font. Its time for a change.

Besides, I'm getting bored of these.

Mens basketball

HQEBHHGVEERDXHO.20041203222537.jpg

Womens basketball

KLVWQTLGGFNKXDD.20051106230725.jpg

I like the new wordmark and the womens' jerseys in particular. What's with all the different numbers? Isn't the point of a visual identity to standardize all the teams? I think all the teams should have the same uniform elements conform to the equipment, like stripes, numbers, wordmarks, etc. I like the womens' basketball style. The football jerseys would look great with those numbers, and the mens' basketball uniforms would look great like that as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like the new wordmark and the womens' jerseys in particular. What's with all the different numbers? Isn't the point of a visual identity to standardize all the teams? I think all the teams should have the same uniform elements conform to the equipment, like stripes, numbers, wordmarks, etc. I like the womens' basketball style. The football jerseys would look great with those numbers, and the mens' basketball uniforms would look great like that as well.

Couldn't have said it any better. ^_^

buffalo_sig.png

Oh, please don't start the "I'm bored, so let's change for the sake of changing" movement for the Wildcats.

Arizona's uniforms (men's, although the women's aren't half bad) are among the finest in all of the NCAA, and at this point, they are embedded in the public's conscience. This is THE definitive Arizona look, and the look they wore as National Champs. Those colors, that "ARIZONA" font, those numerals, the "CATS" on the shorts... those are classic AND classy.

Change for the sake of change is horrible. As a UNC alum, I retched in horror when the Heels dumped their fantastic, timeless uniforms for the "NC" monogram logo. The reaction was so overwhelmingly negative that Nike scrapped them after 1 year and went to what they have now - an updated version of the look they've had since the mid-'80s. Even their now-classic argyle pattern was met with controversy, because it got the little white feet with tarred heels knocked off the shorts.

Too few teams - especially in college - maintain any consistency, and too many great uniforms are scrapped in the name of needless change. Arizona's uniforms are too good. If you had to do anything, consider a schoolwide unification like what Colorado did - make all the teams use similar wordmarks and fonts. Let football and basketball hash it out... but the basketball team is the most visible team (women's softball?) at U of A.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The current set of Arizona basketball unis has basically been around since the 1995-96 season (with a few minor changes here and there).

It's time for something new.

Every team in the athletic dept. has a uniform that features the new font, even the womens basketball team, but the mens basketball team sticks with the old font. Its time for a change.

Besides, I'm getting bored of these.

Mens basketball

HQEBHHGVEERDXHO.20041203222537.jpg

Womens basketball

KLVWQTLGGFNKXDD.20051106230725.jpg

Be careful what you wish for. Sometimes things turn out worse when you start messing around. A perfect example of this is Duke. Nike has completly ruined one of the best College basketball jerseys in the game, with the addition of black. Personally, I love Arizona's uniform set. I hope they never change.

i like arizona's set, our high school used them for our basketball team and I always felt cool wearing them, then we switched to gonzaga style, which was very cool too except we had an uncalledfor huge WOLVES on the butt. We are going with nike this year, and the guy told us that we were getting "kentucky" style uniforms, but this was during the summer, when the new kentucky ones were not out yet, so I am not sure what they will look like.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived