Nationals New Alts!

FiddySicks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to like the jerseys, but it seems like too much bright red, like the Braves.

Bravo on the use of the secondary logo. I am a big fan of the "DC", and it's good to see the Nats using it on the alts. I just got a navy Twins Enterprise Franchise cap that has the "DC" logo on it. I was hoping that navy would be the alt cap color, but oh well.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

THREE teams in the same division with all-red jerseys? at least they didn't add a black alt.

They're the 2nd team in the NL East with red alt jerseys. The Mets have black, the Marlins have black, the Phillies don't have one (and only wear red for home BP - the road ones are royal blue).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well, uh...the hats are nice! But honestly, what kind of uniform uses ALL RED!? Then again, it doesn't look that bad in real life, since it's not a terrifying bright red like some others. Maybe this will grow on me, but it just isn't pretty at all right now.

Also, n00b says hi.

i added numbers to the uniform...but which is the correct one?

A WSH_55668.jpg

or

B WSH_55667.jpg

btw, post #100!!!  :woot:  :birthday:  :D

The bottom one is... I have the correct version, just haven't added it yet.

- chris

Actually, the version Jose Guillen modeled at the unveiling had white lettering on the back with a blue number:

modells1119-2back.jpg

20082614447.png

A WSH_55668.jpg

or

B WSH_55667.jpg

btw, post #100!!!  :woot:  :birthday:  :D

- chris

Actually, the version Jose Guillen modeled at the unveiling had white lettering on the back with a blue number:

modells1119-2back.jpg

BLARGH! Alright, version 3 coming shortly, lol

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I hadn't seen the back of the reds until this. I LIKE the use of two different colors on the back. The number is big enough and the beveling gives enough white and gold for them to be seen. The name in white is what's needed for the smaller letters to be seen.

I'm not a fan of 'dark' numbers on dark jerseys. Syracuse basketball's road unis still can't be read from more than 10 feet away.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

A WSH_55668.jpg

or

B WSH_55667.jpg

btw, post #100!!!  :woot:   :birthday:   :D

- chris

modells1119-2back.jpg

Taking a page out of the Calgary Flames book

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

They would better if the DC was a little bit bigger. Not too much, but maybe 2 or 3 inches, because currently it gets lost in that sea of red. My thought is something like the old giants road jerseys:

jclarksf.JPG

Red jersey, slightly larger red DC, blue piping down the buttons to break up the red.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Is this the cap?

1_250.jpg

No. That's a fashion hat. The real hat looks like this:

modells1119-6proofofhat.jpg

Most of the fashion DC hats this year had all-white stitching. The new alt caps have the gold beveling.

Note that the cap Jose Guillen wore to the unveiling event in Springfield, Virginia, was, at the time, the only one that existed. At the new uni event at the team store at RFK stadium, Marlon Byrd had to wear a batting-practice cap. New Era put the cap into production starting Friday, or so I am told.

Anyway, since the alt cap has the gold beveling, it will be my Official Favorite Nationals Cap, just as soon as I can get my hands on one.

At RFK, they wheeled out a huge rack of the things on Sunday. The "event" there was very haphazardly handled. How'd it go in Springfield?

• 3 months later...

Archived