New York Jets

jgsmith725

I used the logo from the 78-97 era and mixed it in with the current logo. Used the same green if there is any change i think it is brighter than the darker shade they use now. I used the same uniform set up but new alt logo patch on shoulder. I almost changed the font to aachen, but didnt, i thought it made it look sharper.

The collar is different than the current and so are the sleeve straps. The color has changed on those.

Reference to current uniforms:

Jets Uniforms

Home & Away:

NYUniformSet-1.jpg

Alternates:

NYUniformSet-2.png

appsiggold.png

That logo is interesting. I always liked the "landing jet" script, but thought it was too plain for the side of a helmet. Adding it to the other logo really spices it up. Your new logo is a little busy, but no more so than the current Jets logo.

The unis are good too. I like the NY on the chest as opposed to the helment logo. I never understood having the same logo on the helemt, sleeves (or chest) and on some teams, the pants too. Does Carolina really need 6 panther heads on their uniform? The NY logo mixes it up.

The green/green combo is still ugly.

Very nice. I could do without the green pants, but that is a matter of opinion and not a reflection on your concept. The ONLY other thing I would change would be to use the green socks with the all-white set instead of the striped ones.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You might want to try and losing the white football, I think it will clean it up and bring out the NY behind the JETS. The current logo would be too plain without the football, but the adding of the flying jet wordmark should offset that.

I hope this is making sense :P

But before I forget, good work

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Nice subtle change to one of the 2 or 3 best unis in the NFL. I wouldn't support you with the green-green monochrome, but that's not entirely your decision (though if it were me, I'd leave it out of the mix altogether).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Um...so other than the logo, what exactly did you change?

FYI, I changed the patch logo, i changed to alternating colors for the collars and the sleeves. I wanted to keep it the same yet simple. Do you like or not? if you dont then tell me what you dont like if you do tell me what you do like.

appsiggold.png

FYI, I changed the patch logo, i changed to alternating colors for the collars and the sleeves. I wanted to keep it the same yet simple. Do you like or not? if you dont then tell me what you dont like if you do tell me what you do like.

Wow don't get your panties in a knot...lol...obviously I don't like it, the changes are too subtle to be considered a 'whole new concept,' in my view.

Wow don't get your panties in a knot...lol...obviously I don't like it, the changes are too subtle to be considered a 'whole new concept,' in my view.

OMG one thing about this thread is that the way you can type stuff makes it seem the way you didnt intend. Somone always portrays it in a way you didnt mean to. I do not have my panties in a knot unwind23. all i said this was updating a look. if you dont like it fine. all i did was answer your question "what exactly did you change". Did not mean to say it in a way to hurt your feelings. I did not say this was a whole new concept just an update. and i wanted to show it on the uniforms. i love your work i think you do some great stuff and i respect that. I just want my work to be respected and critiqued with comments to help me. not to comments to bring my work down. if i do not like something i will tell the person what i didnt like and help them out on some changes to consider. that is all i ask from the people in this forum.

appsiggold.png

since when did concepts require a complete redesign?

no need to reinvent the wheel.

if someone wants to tweak a current set, they're more than allowed.

not every concept around here has to be either a return to a throwback color scheme, or some mangled mess of piping and side panels.

if he thinks the jets look nice as it is, only with a few tweaks they could improve, then who's to say he can't just post his tweaks? especially when, in the title, he says that it's basically the same look...

since when did concepts require a complete redesign?

no need to reinvent the wheel.

if someone wants to tweak a current set, they're more than allowed.

not every concept around here has to be either a return to a throwback color scheme, or some mangled mess of piping and side panels.

if he thinks the jets look nice as it is, only with a few tweaks they could improve, then who's to say he can't just post his tweaks? especially when, in the title, he says that it's basically the same look...

thanks for the backup and understanding of my point coledmd.

appsiggold.png

Archived