University Outbreak Challenge

Bearcats

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Rutgers has muddled through nearly 30 years of athletic ineptitude, depriving an entire generation of New Jerseyites from having a college program of their own to root for (mention Seton Hall 1988 and I'll smack you...), and since the failure of the state's largest unversity has led to the exodus of dozens of our most talented high school football and basketball talents to schools outside New Jersey, I am hereby plowing Rutgers to the ground (and right after they got invited to a bowl, no less...). In its place, we're beating Nike to the punch and creating a university with an athletics program all of us can take pride in. Academics... um, sure! Since New Jersey's K-12 education is so rigorous and challenging, students at my new university won't need as much formal schooling as their peers from other states will.

Coming soon to a contest near you...

THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY

Go UNJ! (To take a further swipe at the Beaverton Superpower, our student body has unofficially nicknamed their sports teams "The Swooshes". But no g*dawful orange sleeves on our football jerseys, I promise! :P )

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think it might be difficult to not be able to use a current nickname (especially since a bunch of "claims" already are using real nicknames)

I think current nicknames are allowed as long as the school is different. See below.

You can't use the same location and nickname of a current school. (So for example you can't do the Miami Hurricanes, but you can do the Miami Bearcats or the Binghamton Hurricanes.)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I think it might be difficult to not be able to use a current nickname (especially since a bunch of "claims" already are using real nicknames)

You can use a current nickname, just not a current nickname for that school. So you can't do the Oregon Ducks, but you can do the Oregon Pilots or the Portland Ducks.

exactly what leopard said

buffalo_sig.png

I'm in on this.

And I'll be using a new logo that I didn't design for a preexisting fantasy team. How exciting! I do love college design. I do more doodling of college logos than anything else.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Well I'm definately in on this one.

I must ask though, is it alright if I found Alameda University, home of the Fury. In turn using the same colors, logo & uniforms as my WAFL fantasy team?

I've decided that I want to use the same nickname and colors but I want to create an entirely new logo, cuz with that nickname, there are thousands of possibilities.

Would it be alright if I did that?

Well I'm definately in on this one.

I must ask though, is it alright if I found Alameda University, home of the Fury. In turn using the same colors, logo & uniforms as my WAFL fantasy team?

Sure you can enter whatever you want. It would probably be more fun not to just completely recycle an old concept.

buffalo_sig.png

ay BB, with Christmas, i think it would a good idea to postpone the voting until after the Christmas-New Year Holidays, i just think that many people will be away from here in that time and that voting then would not be ideal, can keep the deadline but start voting later

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived