What is going on?

logodawg

I haven't managed to find any pics yet, but has anyone esle seen the one sleeve style hockey jersey that Atlanta wore against the Red Wings tonight?

And the worst part, Nike doesn't even have anything to do with it, they were made by Reebok!!!! :cursing:

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I haven't managed to find any pics yet, but has anyone esle seen the one sleeve style hockey jersey that Atlanta wore against the Red Wings tonight?

And the worst part, Nike doesn't even have anything to do with it, they were made by Reebok!!!! :cursing:

Yeah, they've had those since the 03-04 season. Actually IMO they're one of the better alts in the leauge. For some reason, the one sleave thing, while awful on football jerseys, looks ok on hockey sweaters when used properaly.

Yeah, they've had those since the 03-04 season. Actually IMO they're one of the better alts in the leauge. For some reason, the one sleave thing, while awful on football jerseys, looks ok on hockey sweaters when used properally.

There is no properly using a one-sleeved jersey like that.

Either you use it, improperly, or you don't use it.

That jersey sucks. Hard.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Yeah, they've had those since the 03-04 season. Actually IMO they're one of the better alts in the leauge. For some reason, the one sleave thing, while awful on football jerseys, looks ok on hockey sweaters when used properally.

That jersey sucks. Hard.

I agree i would have liked to have seen them utilize their red in an alt. I like how their three colours mix, and based on many of the concepts that we have seen around here, I think it would have been a great design. It boggles my mind that they picked that colour that makes up such a minimal part of their design

That jersey sucks. Hard.

Amen... for some reason, those jerseys get waaay more love than they deserve.

The Thrashers did so well with their home and away... and then crapped the bed with these thirds.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The Thrashers serve no purpose but to make sure there's an even thirty.

I don't know, the arena looked pretty rockin'...

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

They are pretty awful. Not "nixed Blues jersey" awful or "Mooterus" awful, but still a bad idea. I'm surprised the NHL let them even have them, I thought there was a rule that you had to had numbers on both sleeves.

I'd be ok with them if they scrapped the "Atlanta", and made the left sleeve stripe go on the other side, too. Kinda like the Boston home and away jerseys or the Columbus away jersey where the "top" of the sleeve has the design.

1zgyd8w.jpg

as nobody's said it yet, welcome to two years ago ;)

heh, it's one of my favorites. if you're gonna do assymetrical sleeves, this is a good way to do it...i.e. the assymetrical sleeve looks like it's supposed to be that way and not like an afterthought (i.e. Nike's colllege ball revolution)

shoot, it's an alternate in every sense of the word...don't hate, congratulate B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If it weren't an afterthought, they would have finished the sleeve striping instead of it just magically ending on the back.

It's awful. Putrid. It's just as bad as Mooterus.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's just as bad as Mooterus.

i think that term is thrown around a little too liberally, sometimes...

i struggle to think of a uniform that is as bad as the mooterus.

the ducks "wild wing" jersey is as close as i can think right now...

atlanta's alternate is stupid. i don't like it one bit... but i'd say it's more on par with the isles thirds, than the stars thirds.

there IS one single-sleeved jersey that i actually liked... and that's fulham's old kits, from the EPL.

325754.jpg

You guys sure have terrible taste for a bunch of designers and uniform enthusiasts. Atlanta's thirds are brilliant.

The tie up is nice; the dark stripe down the sleeve is creative and done tastefully. I'm not crazy about the font and the Atlanta down the sleeve, but overall I love that jersey. I own it. It is pretty in person. The light blue in their logo is a large part of their marketing an identity. Last season the call was "True Blue" This year it is "Welcome to Blueland."

Also, shut the ever-loving hell up about Atlanta's hockey franchise being worthless. They are one of the few teams that are profitable, they have a phenomenal arena, passionate fans, and good, rowdy crowds. They have some of the best talent in the league, and once they pull together and play some defense (having a goalie that played at LEAST at the AHL level last year would help immensely) they will be a contender.

Oh, and like 'Scrim said... nice 'news break' about a jersey that debuted in October of 2003

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I've been told that Atlanta is making the one-sleeve alternate jersey their home jersey starting next year.

Please. No. NO!

PNM, give it up, we all know it's you that's whacked. ;)

My biggest beef with it is the "Atlanta" down the side. A number goes there, not text, damnit!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sharkie, you don't respect a jersey when it is that color, even when it is just that color because it is in the team's color palate? I thought you hates that color as a throwback, caus eyou hate throwbacks.

Its just light blue that you hate, all the time?

Atlanta is not making the blue their home jersey. Thats just silly. It was said when it came out that it was a three-year alternate. They will come up with something else later. I'm hoping for a fake-throwback with an old bird rendering logo!

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

my biggest beef witht hat colour Payno, is that it is such a minor element to their design...it just makes more sence that red would have been the primary colour rather than the blue.

Although, the whole purpose of an alternate uniform is to make a design outside of the teams used design. At least Atlanta went way outside the box with this one. Now if they would only change the home uniform so that it has the T ont eh shoulders and not the chest

I get that, 0... i also understand the sleeve, etc. Though I tend to think going outside the box, and thinking different for an alt is cool. i hate the teams who just have their second or thrid color as their third jersey, no thought or effort.

Dont take away my T logo, too! I love that thing. I am not a big fan of the Bird-in-a-bowl primary of the thrashers. I dig the T

I think the reason they didnt go with a red alt, is that the home jersey is navy and red, witht he red on the shoulders, from the stands it looks like it is mostly red. a red alt wouldnt have looked different at all.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a yellow for their next alt.

ΓΔΒ!

I think the reason they didnt go with a red alt, is that the home jersey is navy and red, witht he red on the shoulders, from the stands it looks like it is mostly red. a red alt wouldnt have looked different at all.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a yellow for their next alt.

True, I looked up a pic of the home, and red is pretty prominent in there. I have their white uniform(savard, #9 in your scorebook, #1 all time :D ) , and keep thinking Blue when I think Thrashers. I think they made a good design chose for their overall look, everything fits really well.

I didn't really consider yellow, since, like the light blue its more of a tertiary colour. It could be very interesting, since it is a fairly bright shade of yellow they have. I think you'd have to carfeully around the other colours for trim to keep from being overwelmed by it

Archived