What is going on?

logodawg

I didn't really consider yellow, since, like the light blue its more of a tertiary colour. It could be very interesting, since it is a fairly bright shade of yellow they have. I think you'd have to carfeully around the other colours for trim to keep from being overwelmed by it

They already have a rough start on a yellow!

p2281596dt.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I didn't really consider yellow, since, like the light blue its more of a tertiary colour. It could be very interesting, since it is a fairly bright shade of yellow they have. I think you'd have to carfeully around the other colours for trim to keep from being overwelmed by it

Remember, though, that this is the NHL, where alternate jerseys don't have to be the regular color of a team.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'd rather see them go with an orange ("Georgia Bronze," I think) alternate, given how prevelant that colour is in the logo, but doesn't appear much at all on their jerseys.

(Also, the "T-bird" is lame.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'd rather seem them go with an orange ("Georgia Bronze," I think) alternate, given how prevelant that colour is in the logo, but doesn't appear much at all on their jerseys.

(Also, the "T-bird" is lame.)

You know what? YOU'RE lame.

Yeah, the bronze would make a nice color to create a pretend throwback around.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Atlanta is not making the blue their home jersey. Thats just silly. It was said when it came out that it was a three-year alternate. They will come up with something else later. I'm hoping for a fake-throwback with an old bird rendering logo!

I'm just reporting what I've been told and seen on style sheets, silly or not, that's the last thing I saw. I hope it doesn't become that either, we'll see.

Oh, I didnt mean YOU were silly.. I mean it would be silly to make it the home. If you saw it somewhere, thats amazing. I sure do like our home jersey now, fits the team better, methinks.

ΓΔΒ!

I haven't managed to find any pics yet, but has anyone esle seen the one sleeve style hockey jersey that Atlanta wore against the Red Wings tonight?

And the worst part, Nike doesn't even have anything to do with it, they were made by Reebok!!!! :cursing:

Dude yeah, get with it. These have been around for 2 years, long before Nike ever crapped out those NCAA horrors. These however rock, best alternates in the NHL. Nuff said.

They already have a rough start on a yellow!

maybe not as overpowering as I thought, though not quite the same yellow I don't think. (I could also be out of my mind)

With some striping in there witht he other colours, that could look decent

It has nothing to do with Nike. It's a feeble attempt at breaking out from the crowd with an assymetrical design.

I think it's dumb. I've always thought it's dumb. It looks incomplete and arbitrary. I don't care either way about the color, but it seems odd to make a very incidental color in the identity a huge part of the design. It would be like San Jose wearing a brown jersey, because there's brown in the stick in the logo.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You guys sure have terrible taste for a bunch of designers and uniform enthusiasts. Atlanta's thirds are brilliant.

The tie up is nice; the dark stripe down the sleeve is creative and done tastefully. I'm not crazy about the font and the Atlanta down the sleeve, but overall I love that jersey. I own it. It is pretty in person. The light blue in their logo is a large part of their marketing an identity. Last season the call was "True Blue" This year it is "Welcome to Blueland."

Also, shut the ever-loving hell up about Atlanta's hockey franchise being worthless. They are one of the few teams that are profitable, they have a phenomenal arena, passionate fans, and good, rowdy crowds. They have some of the best talent in the league, and once they pull together and play some defense (having a goalie that played at LEAST at the AHL level last year would help immensely) they will be a contender.

Oh, and like 'Scrim said... nice 'news break' about a jersey that debuted in October of 2003

Well put.

I agree completely...Atlanta's franchise is probably one of the most success inthe league where it counts in today's business world.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I agree completely...Atlanta's franchise is probably one of the most success inthe league where it counts in today's business world.

This year they are ranked 21 out of 30 for attendance, both in terms of per/game tickets sold and percentage of capacity. They haven't cracked the top 20 in either category for any of the 5 years ESPN has attendance figures for. They are also only ranked 19th on Forbes most recent list of franchise values

1zgyd8w.jpg

Thanks, Elwood....that seems to make more sense than paynomind and Nick's claims of the Thrashers' greatness. I just have to believe that in an area full of as many transients as Atlanta, and with other things such as all the wild, weird jerseys going on, this team may never fully catch on. I'm not saying they'll move or anything, because Bettman would probably have a coronary, but having lived in the Atlanta area for over a year now, I have no desire to go to a Thrashers game. I'll save my NHL trip for when I make my sojourn to the Twin Cities in March...amazing arena, incredible fans (200th consecutive sellout against the B's), and a bit of snow on the ground!

The argument about doing great business doesn't fly with me, since I couldn't care less how much the owners are stuffing into their pockets (believe me, the personnel-penny-pinching Wild owners are a big culprit).

Someday, I may have to go to a Thrashers game (when they play the Wild or a Canadian team) to see if it compares, and if so, I'll readily admit defeat, but I have a hard time believing it.

I agree that having the stripe down only the one sleeve makes the jersey look awkward and unbalanced. Also, I don't particularly care for the navy blue seams sewn on the right sleeve in lieu of the stripe. My dream version of this jersey would be to add a matching stripe to the right sleeve, keep "ATLANTA" down the left, and keep the number on the right, with the T-Bird on the right shoulder.

Oh, and one oddity you can't tell from any pic: The "ATLANTA" down the sleeve not only has a red drop shadow, but a second black drop shadow behind that one, which is practically invisible unless viewed way up close. Doesn't seem like there's much of a point to that.

All that being said, I own a Kari Lehtonen one of these, and I flippin' love it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Thanks, Elwood....that seems to make more sense than paynomind and Nick's claims of the Thrashers' greatness. I just have to believe that in an area full of as many transients as Atlanta, and with other things such as all the wild, weird jerseys going on, this team may never fully catch on. I'm not saying they'll move or anything, because Bettman would probably have a coronary, but having lived in the Atlanta area for over a year now, I have no desire to go to a Thrashers game. I'll save my NHL trip for when I make my sojourn to the Twin Cities in March...amazing arena, incredible fans (200th consecutive sellout against the B's), and a bit of snow on the ground!

The argument about doing great business doesn't fly with me, since I couldn't care less how much the owners are stuffing into their pockets (believe me, the personnel-penny-pinching Wild owners are a big culprit).

Someday, I may have to go to a Thrashers game (when they play the Wild or a Canadian team) to see if it compares, and if so, I'll readily admit defeat, but I have a hard time believing it.

No offense, but that's pretty lame..

You should reserve judgement until after you attend a game. Refusing to support your hometown team just because it's a "non-traditional hockey market" makes you an ignorant jerk, and part of the reason the sport is struggling in the United States and with the Media right now. People like you are holding is great sport back from it's potential.

The Thrashers are a great organization, and although they have yet to hit any performance milestones, they deserve the support of their city for the progress they've made and so they can continue to grow. The salary cap will really help them compete in the future. Once they do find some success they will break the top 20 in attendance and will be even more profitable.

Having been to hockey games both in the North when I lived up there, and now here in Florida, I can tell you there is little difference if any.

Infact, I'd have to tip my hat to the Tampa Bay fans and organization for giving me the best experience at a hockey game in my life. On a hockey night in Tampa, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the St. Pete Times Forum and the Joe Louis Arena.

Well, besides the obvious fact that the Forum is a much nicer arena and actually has people in the seats instead of all the empty corporate seats at the Joe that make the place look empty. :P

Not sure where you got this idea that enjoying hockey in the south is second rate to the north.. Open your mind and actually expierience something before you pretend you're an expert on it.

As for the jerseys, Atlanta's 3rds are some of the best in the league if you ask me. They're very original and I love them. Much better than their current Home jerseys.

The Thrashers serve no purpose but to make sure there's an even thirty.

I don't know, the arena looked pretty rockin'...

Yeah, I went to a Thrashers game recently, and when they win, that place is DYNOMITEEEE. Hell it's dynomite on a regular night.

It's bad when a hockey team outdraws a basketball team...in the south :lol:

Yeah, I went to a Thrashers game recently, and when they win, that place is DYNOMITEEEE. Hell it's dynomite on a regular night.

Atlanta has a basketball team?! :shocked::P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Atlanta has a basketball team?! :shocked::P

Despite popular belief, yes we do.

They're the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.

I suppose I should actually comment on the jersey, which is the topic at hand. Surprisingly, it doesn't bug me much at all; I was somewhat pleasantly surprised on its unveiling. I must admit I like the font of the "ATLANTA" on the sleeve (Boilerplate?)...and I never thought about the fact that there's no number on that sleeve. The no left sleeve number might be the only legitimate beef with the jersey.

Also, a couple of responses to Helix...I must admit, I can't find where I pretended to be an expert on anything; I believe I just stated my opinion that I wouldn't enjoy hockey as much here. Secondly, anything in the south is second rate compared to anything in the North! Go North! :D

Archived