New Bengals Alt Jersey

WhoDey42

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Orange jersey has the makings of a good one:

1. Remove white side stripe

2. Replace "B" logo with the Bengals word mark

3. Block numerals with regular (not drop shadow) outline.

If done, would be among the top in the league.

If this were done, it would be THE top jersey in the league, IMO.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

My problem with the Bengals uniforms is the White and Orange one. Those 2 jersey's have orange stripes on black. If you want to mimic tiger stripes then it should be black on orange. The home black does this why can't the others?

it looks like that up close and on replicas where the stripes are more spaced out, but from a distance the players jerseys with the orange stripes on black actually look more like a tiger. I used to think that and it bothered the hell out of me, but these jerseys have really grown on me. Probably because I have no choice but to cheer for them.

and we finally got to see the bengals orange alt with white pants instead of black earlier this year against green bay. Now all we need to do is convince the titans to wear their alt with white pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

hjfhjnghjghhffg.jpg

it's ok, better then the mess the currently have. the problem with the current set is that they have the potential to be so good, and are yet so bad. like PANTONE, this post probablly belongs in concepts, but oh well.

**Disclaimer** i did not design this. this was a concept done months ago. i thought it was so good, i just had to save it. i'm truly sorry that i can not remember the designer's name. if anyone remembers, feel free to post it, so that he can recieve the credit he diserves. the point is this: if the bengals cleaned up the mess they have now to look more like this, then their unis would be among the best in football.

NFLuniformsCnB.png

Those numbers totally own what they use now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That is a nice set, except for a few things. I don't like the tiger head above the numbers. The wordmark would look the best, but the "B" looks better than the tiger head. And I don't like the pants stripes. I like how they are now. It looks better than just going straight down. Also, the stripes on the sleeve looks a little odd. Other than that, the concept looks good.... whoever did it.

hjfhjnghjghhffg.jpg

it's ok, better then the mess the currently have. the problem with the current set is that they have the potential to be so good, and are yet so bad. like PANTONE, this post probablly belongs in concepts, but oh well.

**Disclaimer** i did not design this. this was a concept done months ago. i thought it was so good, i just had to save it. i'm truly sorry that i can not remember the designer's name. if anyone remembers, feel free to post it, so that he can recieve the credit he diserves. the point is this: if the bengals cleaned up the mess they have now to look more like this, then their unis would be among the best in football.

NFLuniformsCnB.png

This concept is pretty decent, but the more I look at it the more I start ot realize why I like the new unis. The new ones have all kinds of elements in it that make it modern and distinctive.

If you take away the white stripe down the side, change the font (which is now growing on me) and put less tiger striping (or whatever some people have suggested) it would look just like any other boring uni.

The way it is now makes it unique without being over the top.

This concept is pretty decent, but the more I look at it the more I start ot realize why I like the new unis. The new ones have all kinds of elements in it that make it modern and distinctive.

If you take away the white stripe down the side, change the font (which is now growing on me) and put less tiger striping (or whatever some people have suggested) it would look just like any other boring uni.

Thank you! Thats what I've been trying to say since they came out with these. Well said. Theres no one feature that is overly outrageous, they are just original without being way over the top.

Thank you! Thats what I've been trying to say since they came out with these. Well said. Theres no one feature that is overly outrageous, they are just original without being way over the top.

no, they are TO over the top. the concept i posted cleans up the mess. seriously, why do they have orange tiger stripes on black?

also, i get what they are trying to do with the white stripe. very creative idea, very poorly executed.

I guess the designers of the Bengal's jerseys did something right for us to all be disecting it the way we are. We may not completely agree on the specifics, but I think we can agree that there are many strong design elements present within the uniform set. You can't necessarily say that with many other NFL unis....*cough*.....Cardinals.....

but I think we can agree that there are many strong design elements present within the uniform set. You can't necessarily say that with many other NFL unis....*cough*.....Cardinals.....

yeah, and that's the problem with them. there's to much going on. they tried to fit to many uni desighns into one set, much like the bills. the cards are a perfect example of how to update and look good.

The old Bengals uni was amazing, and probably overlooked since it had been amazing for so long. But, in reality, it was the perfect match of innovation (stripes) and solid design. It looked as though it was well though out and designed by a team of trained professionals.

The current look reminds me of something you'd see from a bunch of highly creative but not yet seasoned college designers.

Archived