New Bengals Alt Jersey

WhoDey42

Someone posted this on the Bengals website. I don't know what the source is though. Isn't there a rule about how many jersey changes you can have in a certain number of seasons? Does that count for alt jerseys too? Anyways, heres the picture he posted. I don't care much for it, I think the current jerseys look a lot better.

hjfhjnghjghhffg.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the dullest looking thing I've ever seen. They retained all the worst elements of the new jersey and made it completely boring. What is the point of that thing.

If there's one thing the Bengals need, it's more "dull-ness". :D

I really don't mind their current set all that much, though. At least it looks different than everyone else.

This whole thread probably belongs in "Concepts" (well, at least MY post does), but here's something I posted a couple of months ago...I just removed the superfluous side-stripe, and replaced the "B" logo under the collar with the "BENGALS" wordmark:

CincinnatiBengals_PropUN_01.jpg

I'm still not understanding where the incredible disdain for the white stripe on the side of the jersey originates. Why do so many people hate it?

IMO, it is a clever way to incorporate the white belly of a tiger on the sides of the players. If a tiger were to lift it's paw upwards and expose it's underside that is what you'd see.

The only thing that I'm not a fan of in the jersey design are the numbers. I hate the font because the jersey is so busy and the numbers don't work. If the numbers were simpler to offset the busy jersey then it would work. As it is now, the whole jersey is a bit too busy...but I still think it is one of the top five jerseys in the league.

Hey they could have been worse...

I think it's a photoshop. It doesn't jive with me. Also, the Reebok logo would be above the stripes given their placement on the jersey.

Well sleeves on replicas tend to be a bit long. if they actually fielded these I'm sure the stripe would be right at the shoulder. Of course they actually wear the Reebok logo lower on the sleeve since there is nothing to cover that area up.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If you are looking to mimick the tiger, then just do it and make a uniform that looks like a tiger skin. If not, relax the over abundance of stripes... the Bengals are just trying too hard and it's not working.

We agree to disagree...

IMO, other than the numbers, the uniform is brilliant.

I rather not have the white stripe and the B logo. Still, it is a bit clever in trying to mimic the belly of a bengal/tiger. They aren't hideous uniforms... actually one of my favorites. I think they need to go to orange/white/orange at home and white/black/orange, white/white/orange, or white/white/black on the road. Also, they can wear black/white/black or black/black/orange for nite games or big games.

I love the jerseys now. The only thing that I would change is take the B off and put the wordmark on instead, like is done in the concept above. I think it would look worse if you had normal numbers with the stripes and everything. I don't see why theres so much hatred for their current jerseys. Yeah they're different, but they're not completely crazy. And the white stripe on the side of the jersey is not a big deal... does that really ruin the entire jersey?

Archived