The Bills looking like a real nfl team

In 5..4..3..2..1

I disagree.  The Bills look hideous.  It won't be soon until Buffalo gets a clue and goes back to a more classic, non-ugly look.

I agree wholeheartedly. There is nothing redeeming about their current uniforms . . . except maybe that they aren't quite as ugly as the Seahawks'.

No, the Seahakws show the right way to modernize a look.

The Bills show how it can go horribly, horribly wrong.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
capt.nydd60512180302.broncos_bills_football_nydd605.jpg

capt.nydd60212180239.broncos_bills_football_nydd602.jpg

capt.nydd60612180304.broncos_bills_football_nydd606.jpg

I actually think this Bills set looks acceptable--which is an improvement. And the red side panel with the white pants looks no more out of place than the blue side panel on the Patriots jerseys, which I've always thought looked a little wierd with the pant stripes:

02_06_05_levens_800600.jpg

brady_pass_800600.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

i'm sure the Bills' uniforms are the least of their worries right now. the whole organization is a mess.

back on topic, if the bills ditched the red panels, their all-blue set would be one of my favs in the league.

As I said before, the red panels are the only thing on the jersey that remotely connects the RED helmet to the NAVY uniform. Other than that it doesn't match at all. Even the leaping Buffalo logo is royal blue. The navy looks completely out of place.

I agree with you that other than the red panel, the unis look pretty decent. Unfortunately without the red panel, they look like a college uniform.

Either way, they need a complete overhaul. Maybe ABC's Complete Makeover Football Uniforms Edition could help. I'm sure Ty Pennington and crew can come up with some good ideas :rolleyes:

Ralph Wilson Stadium needs an overhaul too.

i'm sure the Bills' uniforms are the least of their worries right now. the whole organization is a mess.

back on topic, if the bills ditched the red panels, their all-blue set would be one of my favs in the league.

As I said before, the red panels are the only thing on the jersey that remotely connects the RED helmet to the NAVY uniform. Other than that it doesn't match at all. Even the leaping Buffalo logo is royal blue. The navy looks completely out of place.

I agree with you that other than the red panel, the unis look pretty decent. Unfortunately without the red panel, they look like a college uniform.

Either way, they need a complete overhaul. Maybe ABC's Complete Makeover Football Uniforms Edition could help. I'm sure Ty Pennington and crew can come up with some good ideas :rolleyes:

Ralph Wilson Stadium needs an overhaul too.

Ralph Wilson Stadium just GOT an overhaul five years ago. There's nothing wrong with a football stadium consisting of bleachers, a field, and beer stands. I'm pretty certain that's all that's necessary.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ralph Wilson Stadium just GOT an overhaul five years ago.  There's nothing wrong with a football stadium consisting of bleachers, a field, and beer stands.  I'm pretty certain that's all that's necessary.

Agreed. The Ralph isn't super modern with a Retractable roof like Reliant, or amazing architecture like Qwest or Gillete, but it serves it's purpose and it's where the Bills belong.

Ralph Wilson Stadium just GOT an overhaul five years ago.  There's nothing wrong with a football stadium consisting of bleachers, a field, and beer stands.  I'm pretty certain that's all that's necessary.

Agreed. The Ralph isn't super modern with a Retractable roof like Reliant, or amazing architecture like Qwest or Gillete, but it serves it's purpose and it's where the Bills belong.

Calm down now Buffalonians....I 'm not trying to ruffle feathers...or fur

I was unaware that the stadium got an overhaul. Last I heard it was still in need of one. I'm not too sure what they did during the last overhaul, but I hope they replaced the benches with seats.

I find it hard to believe that some NFL stadiums still have bleacher seats. For the amount of money fans pay for games you'd think they'd atleast put a backing on the bleachers.

But I guess some people will counter that bleacher seats are part of the experience...I think it's more of a college thing....I'm just not a fan of them in the professional game.

I was unaware that the stadium got an overhaul. Last I heard it was still in need of one. I'm not too sure what they did during the last overhaul, but I hope they replaced the benches with seats.

I find it hard to believe that some NFL stadiums still have bleacher seats. For the amount of money fans pay for games you'd think they'd atleast put a backing on the bleachers.

But I guess some people will counter that bleacher seats are part of the experience...I think it's more of a college thing....I'm just not a fan of them in the professional game.

The big change for the last overhaul was changing the name from Rich Stadium to the Ralph, and adding the Flutie-funded luxury boxes.

As far as bleacher seats are concerned, I've been to two NFL stadiums -- Ralph Wilson and FedEx Field. Sitting up high in the bleachers in Orchard Park was waaaaay more comfortable than sitting in the tiny (and I'm not fat), vertigo-inducing nosebleeds at FedEx field. But maybe that's just me.

Also, there are seats at Ralph Wilson -- you just pay more for them. And, further, I'm fairly certain the Bills are in the top five of the league of lowest ticket price. I could be wrong, however.

Oh, and to keep this on topic, the blue over white looks fine for a team that's not the Buffalo Bills. Bring back the navy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I actually think this Bills set looks acceptable--which is an improvement. And the red side panel with the white pants looks no more out of place than the blue side panel on the Patriots jerseys, which I've always thought looked a little wierd with the pant stripes:

brady_pass_800600.jpg

The problem with the Pats is that the red is thicker on the pants then it is on the jersey. If they made them the same width it balance out more and look more professional. The Bills red on the white pants used to not match up with the side panel on the jersey but it does now and looks better for it. Sure the rest of the uniform is a mess, but at least they got that fixed. Now i don't think the white pants exactly match up with the white jersey and the blue pants don't match anything so they don't matter.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

I think the reason the Bills looked so good (in terms of the uniform...their play is pittiful) is because we're mentally comparing them to the blue on blue they normally wear. Show the pics from the Denver game vs the Throwbacks and then you'll see what actually looks good.

That being said, I think the pants on the new unis are great. Just simplify the helmet and top half and you've got a winner. In fact, get rid of the blue yolk, the red side panels, and replace all royal piping/number outline with red and we've got a winner.

brady_pass_800600.jpg

The problem with the Pats is that the red is thicker on the pants then it is on the jersey. If they made them the same width it balance out more and look more professional. The Bills red on the white pants used to not match up with the side panel on the jersey but it does now and looks better for it. Sure the rest of the uniform is a mess, but at least they got that fixed. Now i don't think the white pants exactly match up with the white jersey and the blue pants don't match anything so they don't matter.

aren't the patriot's three-stripe socks a holdover from when they had the adidas logo on their jerseys?

[hijack]

Lambeau still has bleacher seating in the bowl. If they were to remove the bleachers and put in "seats", you'd take up more space with fewer customers (seats take up more space, either by adding a back and cutting into the row behind you, or by seating fewer people per row -- 24" per seat as opposed to 18" of bleacher space). Not a wise move.

[/hijack]

It's where I sit.

Just an FYI - ALL of the Bleacher style seats at Ralph Wilson Stadium have backs on them. Other than the fact that the Aluminum (or whatever metal they are using) is freakin' cold when you first sit down. Even in the highest upper deck seats you have backs and pretty good leg room to boot which is a bigger issue in lot of the newer stadiums and arenas in the country.

[hijack]

Lambeau still has bleacher seating in the bowl. If they were to remove the bleachers and put in "seats", you'd take up more space with fewer customers (seats take up more space, either by adding a back and cutting into the row behind you, or by seating fewer people per row -- 24" per seat as opposed to 18" of bleacher space). Not a wise move.

[/hijack]

I hear you, but is it not a wise move for the owners or the fans. Honestly I don't give a damnif there are fifty thousand people around me or fifty so long as I am comfortable and have fun at the game. And one guy mentioned that Ralph Wilson Stadium's bleachers are aluminum and cold in the winter. That alone would piss me off. I used to go to the old Foxboro Stadium when it had almost all bleachers, and I have to say it absolutely sucked, so did the team, which made it hard to get up off your seat other than to yell and scream at the horrible Pats. Other than that you spent the whole game freezing your @@s to the bench. Not fun at all!

I say give me bleachers and $10 seats. Give football back to the general public.

It's why I can't stand the NBA nodays. Last time I went to a game, over half the seats were empty until the 2nd quarter, and then when the seats filled, they were full of business people talking business and not even paying attention to the game.

Archived