BUFFALO BILLS 2006

ASU

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't care if they wore fluffin leather helmets, just get rid of the current uni set already. I went to my eye doctor last week, and he told me that my vision has worsened since 2002 (last time I went), and I blame it partially on the Bills monstrosities.

Exactly. Current set is pure losers. Set before that was, unfortunately, losers too in that they lost 4 Super Bowls. Throwbacks won a Championship, go with those.

Repeat after me: "Uniforms don't win games, players do." Why do people continue basing uniforms decisions on teams' won-loss records? Isn't this forum supposed to critique uniforms based on what looks good? Having said that, Bills should go back to 1980 Fergy unis.

Marv Levy is back (why? I don't know either), and something tells me the Bills won't be trotting out navy anymore. Just a hunch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Exactly. Current set is pure losers. Set before that was, unfortunately, losers too in that they lost 4 Super Bowls. Throwbacks won a Championship, go with those.

Repeat after me: "Uniforms don't win games, players do." Why do people continue basing uniforms decisions on teams' won-loss records? Isn't this forum supposed to critique uniforms based on what looks good? Having said that, Bills should go back to 1980 Fergy unis.

Uniforms carry with them the identity of winning or losing depending on how the team plays in them. It's been very true that when a team gets a well designed uniform (Bills and Lions don't apply here), and/or a new stadium, the teams produce better results.

In much the same way that a person going in for an interview will perform better wearing a suit as compared to ratty jeans and a tshirt. Sure they look better, but because of that they also feel better and perform better due to that mentallity.

It's just a common sense fact.

IMO, the Bills need to start over. Completely. All-new stuff. None of this retro/throwback clipart helmet logo with inconsistant, busy striping either. And no, I don't like the overly cluttered mess they currently use either.

My 2¢.

Uniforms carry with them the identity of winning or losing depending on how the team plays in them. It's been very true that when a team gets a well designed uniform (Bills and Lions don't apply here), and/or a new stadium, the teams produce better results.

In much the same way that a person going in for an interview will perform better wearing a suit as compared to ratty jeans and a tshirt. Sure they look better, but because of that they also feel better and perform better due to that mentallity.

Ummmmm.....no.

The reason someone in a suit does better is because there is a person making a decision if you are hired or not. That person is looking for someone in a suit. So if you wear ratty jeans, they won't hire you.

If your theory was true, the Bengals wouldn't have won a single game. The Uniform thing is an excuse when teams lose.

It also has to do with the associations made by the fans (maybe more so). Fans like to be reminded of better days when their teams struggle. If a uniform or logo carries that association, it is quite logical for a team to want to return to that symbol when times are bad. This point was made very eloquently in one of the myriad threads on this board about the Brewers' retro Sunday ball-in-glove uniforms, which harken back to the days when the Brewers were an American League power.

In Buffalo's case, the current uniforms are generally reviled and are largely associated with bad football. If the team can remind everyone of the successes of the early '90s by resurrecting those uniforms, it makes good business sense to do so. The Joe Cribbs/Joe Ferguson/O.J. Simpson (let's not forget him, because there is some overlap) uniforms may be preferable from an aesthetic standpoint (debatable), but they do not quite carry the same positive association. The Bills were decent then, but they never sniffed an AFC Championship Game, let alone a Super Bowl.

The counter to this is the Bucs' creamsicle uniform and the Bucco Bruce logo. There are many on this board who pine for that look. You will probably not see it any time soon, however, because Malcolm Glazer associates the look (as do many fans) with the team's many years of putridity. The "Pirates of Pewter Pants" look, on the other hand, has been mostly associated with success, so the orange fans will have to make do with the thin outline around the numbers on the new set.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

As a Bills fan, I don't know what they should do. Changing uniforms after the 2001 wasn't a bad idea on its face. Considering the state of the NFL at that time, with many teams changing their uniforms, it made good business sense to update their look. However, they just did a bad job of it.

So do they go throwback like the 1998 Jets or 2000 Giants? That worked for those teams, almost immediately. Or do they make a radical change -- more radical than their current look -- like the Falcons or Broncos? I don't know. Buffalo doesn't seem like that "type" of team.

I think going back to the early 90s look is a mistake, but that's me. They really probably should have changed, at least then they would have kept in the same class as the Bears, Packers, and Vikings. As it is, they look silly all around -- and they STILL don't have an offensive line!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived