Rangers in white at home?

hoosier57

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that also, and Washington is at home also in whites against chicago...I like it better this way.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

The NHL (and the NBA for that manner) should do it just like the NFL... The home team gets to pick if they want to wear white or team color jerseys and the away team wears the opposite.

There's a good reason why they don't do this -- why should the away team have to take white and dark versions of everything wherever they fly?

With home in dark the road team can just bring their whites... this is due to all the dark alternates in the NHL (Leafs being the only one to wear white).

When you see a home team wear white it usually means that it's a 1 game road trip for the team they're facing, or that team will be wearing the dark uniforms on the road the entire trip.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

With home in dark the road team can just bring their whites... this is due to all the dark alternates in the NHL (Leafs being the only one to wear white).

From what I understand, that's exactly why the NHL switched. It costs the team $$$ in freight to take two versions of jerseys, helmets, socks, etc. for every road game.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The having to pack two sets of jerseys argument against teams wearing white at home holds no water with me. How much space on a plane does 25 extra jerseys take up? Teams have high paid clubhouse staff that have the responsibility to pack up all the players gear. It certainly wouldn't be too much of a strain to pack an extra jersey. In short, get a new argument for hockey teams wearing dark jerseys at home.

If you want to go with tradition or whatever, then I'll buy it. The vast inconvenience or carrying two sets of jerseys on the road is rediculous.

Everyone loves a roundel.

I agree. It is one more suitcase, big deal.

I am in favor of the idea of the home team deciding. Its just that they have to decide a month or so in advance. Heck, they could just decide before the season. Then, every team knows which jersey they are wearing when. i'd like to see all the jerseys at home at some point.

It looks odd to me to see my team in their whites, cause they never wear them at home. I'd like to see them for a few games at home, making all jerseys represented and familiar.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The having to pack two sets of jerseys argument against teams wearing white at home holds no water with me. How much space on a plane does 25 extra jerseys take up? Teams have high paid clubhouse staff that have the responsibility to pack up all the players gear. It certainly wouldn't be too much of a strain to pack an extra jersey. In short, get a new argument for hockey teams wearing dark jerseys at home.

If you want to go with tradition or whatever, then I'll buy it. The vast inconvenience or carrying two sets of jerseys on the road is rediculous.

rediculous or not that is the reason behind it...It can't be that rediculous considering just in recent years alone a canadian team (Senators) have filed for bankruptcy and the Pens did a few years back and are in danger of doing it again. This sport doesn't have the support as the NFL or the NBA...they don't have superstars that are endorsing everything from shoes to their own line of bubble gum and they sure aren't a league that averages 2.5 million dollars for 30 seconds of airtime during it's biggest game/s of the year. You save money where you can just as the cap was put in place this year. Not only that but there were a majority of the teams that would wear their Alt at home since the home team could choose which jersey they want to wear. Thus the road team would have to bring both...now the only way the away team wears darks is if the two teams iron out the details before hand....

CIDesignSig.png

It's not just an extra suitcase for a jersey...the team would have to bring 25 extra helmets for the team too. Besides, 25 extra suitcases costs $$$, and as someone else has mentioned the NHL isn't exactly raking in the cash these days like the NFL.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

If NHL teams can't afford the extra cost for cargo, then it is way more trouble than they even claimed during the lockout. When players are still getting multi-million dollar contracts, were talking nickles and dimes.

Luggage?!

Everyone loves a roundel.

What if all the teams did like the Bengals do and decide like before the season when they are going to wear their ALTS so that the opposing team knows when to bring their white colored uniform...

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Solution: don't have 3rd jerseys

Amen to that. Dark at home, light on the road, everyone's clear about what to put in the suitcase, and the fans all go home $200-300 richer for not shelling out for a jersey that gets worn every other odd-numbered Friday.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The NHL did use to have have dark as home and white as away, but they switched it, and now they are back to what they use to have them as. I dont know why they even went white as home should of kept them the same. I like them the way they are now, cus u can see them in their team colours, not just plain white.

4kv29i.jpg

The NHL did use to have have dark as home and white as away, but they switched it, and now they are back to what they use to have them as. I dont know why they even went white as home should of kept them the same. I like them the way they are now, cus u can see them in their team colours, not just plain white.

The reverse to this argument, though, is that now all you see every game is your home team in it's color and the road team in white. For example, with the Rangers you will see blue and white every game.

With the home team wearing white, you see different colors every game, as different teams have different color road jerseys. This was supposedly the reason for switching to white at home in the first place.

Archived