North Carolina Football

rmered

I've had a play with oddball and beatnik's new template.

I was wondering the best option to do something with.

Obviously, it has to be in Dennis Blue.

And it struck me, the original Dennis Blue team. North Carolina.

So I tried to make this a bit different, yet remain a little conventonal where possible. I've used a similar design on the other football template.

I just wanted to see what it would turn out like, and I thought I'd share it.

Thoughts? On the template or the concept. Or both.

NCU-beatnik.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

That is really nice Rmred.Way to go. (**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

I'm not familiar with the NC uniforms, so I can't comment there. They look pretty solid, I'm wondering about the 'claw' marks in the sidde, otherwise a fairly traditional look.

The template is very unique, just like a team photograph, a very refreshing change from the typical template layout (not that there is anything wrong with the old templates)

I like it, just switch the spikes around so they're going backward, creates a sense of motion, makes the players look faster, I guess.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've had a play with oddball and beatnik's new template.

I was wondering the best option to do something with.

Obviously, it has to be in Dennis Blue.

And it struck me, the original Dennis Blue team. North Carolina.

So I tried to make this a bit different, yet remain a little conventonal where possible. I've used a similar design on the other football template.

I just wanted to see what it would turn out like, and I thought I'd share it.

Thoughts? On the template or the concept. Or both.

NCU-beatnik.gif

nice job

can someone vector this template?

It would be appreciated greatly.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

As one of the alums here who proudly wears Dennis -- er, Carolina Blue as often as I can, I give it no more than average.

First - the template is spectacular, though it might be a good idea to have the backs of the jerseys displayed as well, since teams like Arizona and Miami have all kinds of nonsense running across the backs of their jerseys.

As for the concept:

- the silver claw marks... no sir, I don't like 'em. Silver was never meant to be more than a logo color. Other than the Nike Elite hoops jerseys they wore v. Illinois earlier this year, silver doesn't appear in the uniforms of any of UNC's teams that I know of (save maybe fencing).

- navy pants... no sir, I don't like 'em, even moreso than the claw marks. The less navy, the better. We don't do the double blue, and navy is really just a trim color to be used sparingly. Overall too much navy. We're sorta attached to the school colors, and prefer our blue to navy. Try Carolina Blue pants...?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

As one of the alums here who proudly wears Dennis -- er, Carolina Blue as often as I can, I give it no more than average.

First - the template is spectacular, though it might be a good idea to have the backs of the jerseys displayed as well, since teams like Arizona and Miami have all kinds of nonsense running across the backs of their jerseys.

As for the concept:

- the silver claw marks... no sir, I don't like 'em. Silver was never meant to be more than a logo color. Other than the Nike Elite hoops jerseys they wore v. Illinois earlier this year, silver doesn't appear in the uniforms of any of UNC's teams that I know of (save maybe fencing).

- navy pants... no sir, I don't like 'em, even moreso than the claw marks. The less navy, the better. We don't do the double blue, and navy is really just a trim color to be used sparingly. Overall too much navy. We're sorta attached to the school colors, and prefer our blue to navy. Try Carolina Blue pants...?

No offence to you school, but large men in tight *Dennis Blue pants is a little to Sydney Mardi Gras for me. (Insert relevant Seinfeld line if you must)

The silver claw marks are actually white.

But they're in the shadow under the arms.

You can probably see what was intended just under the 7.

*As shown in the thread on what colour blue this is.

Pantone observed NCU uses one shade of blue for their school (C297), and another shade for their sports uniforms (C278).

Given their official colour (Carolina Blue) must be that of the school, it was decided (by Pantone, and let's face it, he's the man when it comes to this sort of thing) that this shade of blue was up for grabs in respect to naming rights.

You can call it Happy Fun Time Blue, if you want...it doesn't matter.

It's 278 C. End of story.

Given Happy Fun Time Blue proved unpopular, Dennis Blue was chosen and accepted as the official name of this shade of blue.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Not bad, mabye adding script to it, but i like it as well with out it.

By the way where ya get that template ?

oddball requested it. beatnik vectorised it in Illustrator.

I got it from beatnik.

Is it worth putting it in my sig?

Actually, I didn't request it, I created it using a pic from the unveiling of the University of Wyoming's football uniforms a few years ago. I scanned it in and PSP'd it *LOL*, and beatnik vectorized it in Illustrator. I thought that he sent it in as a template, but I guess not!*LOL* Besides that, it's cool to see someone using my template.

Not bad, mabye adding script to it, but i like it as well with out it.

By the way where ya get that template ?

oddball requested it. beatnik vectorised it in Illustrator.

I got it from beatnik.

Is it worth putting it in my sig?

Actually, I didn't request it, I created it using a pic from the unveiling of the University of Wyoming's football uniforms a few years ago. I scanned it in and PSP'd it *LOL*, and beatnik vectorized it in Illustrator. I thought that he sent it in as a template, but I guess not!*LOL* Besides that, it's cool to see someone using my template.

Sorry.

I mis-understood.

Nice work then.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Yeah, I'm gonna stick with Carolina Blue. Calling it anything else is ludicrous.

there can't be two Carolina Blue's, the school uses Carolina the Sports uses Dennis BLue which is more popular....thinking aobut it my brothers basketball team wears dennis blue, we wear the traditional purple....they couldn't afford for us to upgrade........

i like the unifroms ya got here, yeh the White and Navy PAnts are a good idea

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived