Super Bowl XL Field Logos

smackdaddy

It should be interesting to see the end zones for this game. I'm pretty sure this is the first Super Bowl to be played on Fieldturf/Astroplay/Easter Grass stuff. I noticed that some of the playoff logos on the fields were easily rubbing off on players' uniforms, so it might not work well if they're just painted on instead of sewn.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet they go with the Super Bowl XXV look with the Super Bowl logo at mid-field and the NFL logo at the 30's that looked sweet.

I like this idea too. I know putting the NFL logo at midfield is classic, bur since this year's Super Bowl logo is simple compared to most SB logos, that it should go at midfield.

It should be interesting to see the end zones for this game. I'm pretty sure this is the first Super Bowl to be played on Fieldturf/Astroplay/Easter Grass stuff. I noticed that some of the playoff logos on the fields were easily rubbing off on players' uniforms, so it might not work well if they're just painted on instead of sewn.

This will be the second Super Bowl played on FieldTurf (the first being XXXVIII at Reliant

Stadium) but I don't think that they'll paint it on, I'm pretty sure that whoever hosts the Super Bowl orders a field just for that game so I'd guess that the colors would be sewn in.

But I've been wrong many times in the past.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

PANTONE, do they expect higher attendence at the new stadium? I can't see it making a difference...

Well, seeing as how the fans won't have to sit in 90+ degree temperatures and direct sunlight that makes baby Jesus cry, i can see a boost in attendance, even for a bad, bad, bad bad bad bad bad, bad team.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

PANTONE, do they expect higher attendence at the new stadium? I can't see it making a difference...

They're expecting sellouts for every game next season.

The Super Bowl in 2008 will be there...and the BCS Championship game will be there in 2007 - along with the Fiesta Bowl.

...even for a bad, bad, bad bad bad bad bad, bad team.

Didn't watch them play last season, did you?

They have the best young receivers in the game (Boldin and Fitzgerald), they were 7th in the NFL in total offense, and 8th in the NFL in total defense. Best kicker in the game too. Where they WERE bad, were in special teams, and rushing. The Cardinals had the most games missed due to injury in the entire league. And because of this, red zone production was really not good. And the offensive line was atrocious.

They've already replaced the OL coach and special teams coach with very experienced guys with great track records. That, combined with the fact that the Cardinals have the most cap space to work with in the NFL means that they will be VERY active this offseason.

I don't normally get too excited about the Cardinals' chances (I've been burned SO many times in the past), but I feel that their time is near. Forget 2005. 2006 will be better. Bidwill has been hiring the right football people, and It's coming...

view4_dayaerial.jpg

The joke was always... as long as Bidwell owns the Cardinals...

Now with a new stadium, new attitude, and a young nucleus, it's

as long as York owns the 49ers. (Please no niner bashing in here.)

BACK TO TOPIC!!!

I'm expecting, SB logos at the 25, NFL logo midfield, Yellow Steelers endzone to the left, NFL Pacific Blue Seahawks endzone to the right. As soon as all the bad crap that has taken place slowly goes away and I have some normalcy, well, I will get the field wallpaper and the rest of the Super Bowl XL media kit up.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

When they use helmets in the end zones, I've noticed they try to use a different color for the end zone to offset the helmet. That's why the Steelers (and Redskins) end zones have always been yellow.

I'd like to see them use just the team logos -- you could make them much bigger and you could get a neat black Steelers end zone with the yellow wordmark in the middle.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

When they use helmets in the end zones, I've noticed they try to use a different color for the end zone to offset the helmet. That's why the Steelers (and Redskins) end zones have always been yellow.

Yep. My Bears had orange endzones in Supberbowl XX. Too bad I was too young to notice (22 mo).

I personally LOVE the old look with the two helmets (one containing conference logo). I hope they bring it back, but they probably never will.

Im sure the Steelers will have a yellow endzone, but I think the Seahawks will go with the Pacific blue, unlike their endzones at home. They often use lighter colors for the endzones in the superbowl, and it looks good most of the time (exception being the red Patriots endzones in XXXI). Also, the Seahawks' endzones don't look right in my opinion. If they are going to use the secondary color for the endzones, they should at least make the letters two color (white and pac. blue).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I personally LOVE the old look with the two helmets (one containing conference logo). I hope they bring it back, but they probably never will.

My thoughts exactly!

When was the last time they used those anyways? I would guess around Super Bowl XXX or so.

6uXNWAo.png

The Jets?...please. You know NOTHING of MY pain. In fact, only Cubs fans understand the pain of being an Arizona Cardinals fan (I've been one for over 36 years), and even Cubs fans have each other to lean on in rough times.

Cardinals fans? We're out on an island all by ourselves.

Hey I didn't say we had it the worst...I was actually going to point out that Saints fans have never seen one, nor have the Lions. The Jags, Browns, Texans, and Cards are the others, but I didn't bother to say that (even though 3 of them are only 10 or less years old). That still doesn't mean we're deprived...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

That, combined with the fact that the Cardinals have the most cap space to work with in the NFL means that they will be VERY active this offseason.

Good luck with that.

As a proud fan of the 4-time defending "Most Room Under The Cap Champion" Philadelphia Eagles, I can tell you there's nothing more exciting than watching your favorite team scrimp and save all year, not offer contracts to Pro Bowl talent that's allowed to walk to other teams with zero compensation, all in the name of being named the team with the most to spend. And if you're really lucky, the Cards will hoard that cap money and NOT spend it, so they can tout their impeccable bottom line and be in great shape to repeat the following season as Cap Champs.

Have you gotten your Cap Champs T-shirt yet?

:cursing: bottom line management.

Now as to the end zones... since the field is a synthetic grass, can't the NFL order 10 y x 53 y pieces of artificial turf, painted with the end zones of the teams playing, and adhere them to the field, like a area rugs on a carpet? The end zones aren't in play nearly as much as the rest of the field, and the NFL Merchandising Machine could cut up the rug after the game and sell pieces to fans. I'd like the dual helmets back, with the conference logos. That's what I always associate with the Super Bowl end zones.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This is my idea.

sbsteelersvhawks9ph.th.png

C and C always welcome!

sfcom1

SFCOM1- An outstanding rendition of the SBXL field. I hope your concept is exactly what is placed on the synthetic in Detroit. I wanted to say good job, being from MI, that would be the best positive publicity weve had in along time. Something to be proud of, for once. Field designers everywhere should take note.

Archived