Jays reveal 30th anniverary patch

SLAM

Is it just me, or do the Jays overuse the whole maple leaf thing? I mean I get it, you're Canadien.

that little maple leaf on the patch there is the only maple leaf that's been on the jays uniform in the past 3 years

so no, they dont

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

these anniversairy patches are getting a little out of hand. i mean, 10, 25, 50 years i can see. but 30th? and the vikings had a 45th ann. patch this whole year. since when did every 5th year give teams the excuse to design a patch?

at least this one is well designed..

I'll reiterate again how nice it is to see the Jays using the word "season" instead of "anniversary." Hooray for good grammar!!

Hooray for comprehension, logic and common sense as well. See, it isn't that hard... <_<

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think this logo fails simply because it is lacking something rather important to Blue Jays history:

1415.gif

So, it is not as good as the one that the Jays used for their 25th season:

TOR_1390.gif

I really like the idea of incorporating a former logo, especially when that former logo is distinctive and iconic, as the great old Jays' logo was.

Another example of this would be the Milwaukee Bucks' 30th anniversary logo, which showed the old deer alongside the current one:

MIL_5321.gif

(I seem to remember the Orioles also doing something similar. But I don't find an example of it on Chris's Orioles page, so maybe I am imagining it.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I think this logo fails simply because it is lacking something rather important to Blue Jays history:

Completely agree. The 30th season patch is alright, but it only shows a logo they've used for 2 of those 30 seasons.

That Bucks one is nice, I hadn't seen that before. I know the A's had a patch recently (30 years in Oakland maybe?) and it had "Philadelphia" and "Kansas City" on it, which was cool.

I hate when franchises disregard their history.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived