This may excite you.

andrewharrington

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This template is fantastic - well done tempest!

There's one thing wrong with the facemask (I know, minute detail)... but on the far side of the mask, one of the vertical bars should not be going inside of the helmet...if that makes sense.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This template is fantastic - well done tempest!

There's one thing wrong with the facemask (I know, minute detail)... but on the far side of the mask, one of the vertical bars should not be going inside of the helmet...if that makes sense.

Good catch. I removed the black part of it, but I forgot to remove the highlight from inside the helmet. Of course there will be front, side, and back views of the revolution helmet and the normal helmet. NEW flat jersey templates, and a display version similar to PC's diplay template.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Also, logo distortion should be exciting on that template. Not for the rookies with the distort tool!

It's actually [Effect > Warp > Fisheye] in Illustrator. That's the best distort filter for doing helmets, as far as I'm concerned. I'll do a tutorial sometime to show how to achieve the best possible effect, short of 3D mapping.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

its definately an amazing template. the only problem would be that it would be a struggle to make a logo look right on that helmet. because of the angle in which it curves away.

This is addressed 2 posts above. All you need is the Fisheye filter, and I'll do a tutorial as well.

Tempest, I did this template about a year and a half ago. I wanted to show you something you could use on yours. I use a transparency on the brackets to let the shell and facemask color come through. Give it a shot on yours, you may like it.

Forgive the ugly colors. It's a concept for my nephew's high school. Just had it handy.

RichardsRev.jpg

First of all the helmet looks good (meaning the template), and second of all the helmet looks good. I love how you have modified the Bengals' tiger head logo a bit and really made the LSU helmet look sweet as. I have never understood their awful tiger face on their helmets. It looks like a tiger that has been run over by a dumptruck and then laid there as road kill for a year or so. Your helmet on the other hand is slick.

I can't WAIT to see/get this template....Is it going to be in vector format? Great job....

I've had a few people ask me why I don't use Revolution helmets for my helmet site...I've told them that I don't have a template to use...Hopefully, I will in the future...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Good news and bad news. Jersey templates are done, for the most part. I've tried to include all major jersey cuts. I have about 30 of them. Revolution helmet template is done, improved, and I have added the stripe variations, as seen below. I'm not doing any tapered stripe variations though, because they are ridiculous. What I have left to do are the pant templates, the regular helmet template, the front/side/back helmet templates for both revolution and regular styles, and the display template. Look for it all by the end of the month, I hope, as long as school cooperates. More teasers. Check out all the stripes!

revolutiongroup.png

Archived