Who do you root for?

IowaFan26

Indoor Lacrosse: New York Saints

sorry about the saints foldin, man.  cus all i know of lax is what 'Cuse, Hopkins, and the Gaits showed me on TV (or whenever ESPN's shown lax over the years)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NHL - Washington Capitals

:sigh:

Any chance I can change my NHL choice to the Colorado Avalanche?  After trading for my favorite NHLer, I'm all set to rejoin the Avs bandwagon.  FWIW, I left after they traded away my second favorite NHLer, Adam Deadmarsh...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

NHL - Washington Capitals

:sigh:

Any chance I can change my NHL choice to the Colorado Avalanche? After trading for my favorite NHLer, I'm all set to rejoin the Avs bandwagon. FWIW, I left after they traded away my second favorite NHLer, Adam Deadmarsh...

I'm not going to say that it's impossible, however you will need to fill out a form 2712(A)(2)(d)(iii) in triplicate and under notary seal, provide 4 letters of reference (no family members or residents of any state in which you have lived for the last 14 months, please) and enclose a SASE. Your application for favorite team change will be reviewed by the Board at their Biennial Meeting next August and a decision should be mailed to you within 6-22 months thereafter.

I'm not going to say that it's impossible, however you will need to fill out a form 2712(A)(2)(d)(iii) in triplicate and under notary seal, provide 4 letters of reference (no family members or residents of any state in which you have lived for the last 14 months, please) and enclose a SASE. Your application for favorite team change will be reviewed by the Board at their Biennial Meeting next August and a decision should be mailed to you within 6-22 months thereafter.

pure comedy gold....funny stuff, yhollander, even for a blues fan.

:laugh: LOL!!!  Thank God I didn't ask for vacation time...  I shudder just thinking about that process!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

NHL: Club d'hockey Canadien! Ottawa is also within my liking.

NFL: Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins #1.......

CFL: Proud member of Ridernation!  (Montreal wasn't around growing up)

Baseball: Montreal, and I like Boston a lot too.

Basketball: :P

Premiership: Liverpool, because Steve Heighway is a personal friend! :)

I'm a stick-with-a-team-thick-or-thin guy, so I never switch. Unless they're moved!:cool: No bandwagon plop for me *cough*Tank*cough*

May the Colorado Avalanche(Should be known as Quebec Nordiques) burn in hell!

Well the Mets are my number 1 team, but for some reason I never seen fit to hate the Yankees, and I know its rare but if the Mets don't can't win I'll root for the Yankees. In 2000 I rooted for the Mets in the World Series. Also I hate the Red Sox, and Braves so rooting for the Yanks in series like those is even easier.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

NFL: Washington Redskins

MLB: Baltimore Orioles (and for now, FLORIDA MARLINS!)

NHL: Washington Capitals

NBA: Not Remotely Interested

I am not a hockey fan, but occasionally get the opportunity to attend a Caps game. I don't understand the game in the least, but find it entertaining.

My true passion is baseball. The Orioles are my team. The Yankees are my nightmare.

If the Redskins get much worse, and much harder to watch, you can change my NFL listing to match my NBA.

• 2 months later...

NFL: 1- Green Bay 2- New Orleans 3- Cleveland Browns (I WILL get a jersey this year!)

NBA: None. I hate hoops.

MLB: Chicago Cubs since we got our first satellite dish in '83)

NHL: Chicago Blackhawks

CFL: Winnipeg Blue Bombers (LaPolice sucks)

AHL: Manitoba Moose

NL (Northern League baseball): Winnipeg Goldeyes

CFA: Cleveland Zephyrs

Welcome to DrunjFlix

CFL: Winnipeg Blue Bombers (LaPolice sucks)

AHL: Manitoba Moose

NL (Northern League baseball): Winnipeg Goldeyes

Agreed on all counts. :D

LAPOLICE IS GONE!!! Welcome Jr. Lancaster... now find a way to get Stegall the ball!

Oh... and

CFA: Winnipeg Wildfire (where's your hometown pride, OSilverbacks? :D)

CIS: U of Manitoba Bisons

NCAA basketball: no clear cut fave, but I've cheered for Michigan State, Duke, North Carolina, (some would say I'm contradicting myself, but hey, it's all good), Oregon ('cuz of the Lukes, Ridnour and Jackson... fun to watch)

NCAA football: again, no clear cut favourite, but I tend to cheer for teams from the state of Florida... the Gators, Seminoles, and Hurricanes have all had my occasional support.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Thought I posted in here two months ago, but don't see it...anyway, in order of preference:

NFL: I absolutely bleed for the Patriots (went down to Foxboro for the first time last Saturday...had the time of my life)

NHL: Capitals

MLB: Red Sox (only within the past couple years, since I had family move to a place a few blocks from Fenway)

NBA: Knicks

NCAA football: Boston College, Michigan

CIS: UNB

Like the sig says, don't ask why they're so spread out geographically...they just are. :)

JPK

I'm surprised at myself for not weighing in on this yet, so here goes. Sharkie would be proud.  :P

MLB: Boston Red Sox

NFL: New England Patriots

NCAA: Connecticut Huskies

NBA: Boston Celtics

WNBA: Connecticut Sun (haven't gotten to a game yet, perhaps this summer)

NHL: Colorado Avalanche (was a Whalers fan, but I won't root for The Hated B's - ever)

I also consider myself a fan of the AHL Hartford Wolf Pack and the Eastern League New Britain Rock Cats. I'd say that's a pretty good cross-section of local teams!

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived