Who do you root for?

IowaFan26

NHL - St. Louis Blues (though I've adopted the Wild as well, since I've gotten to watch them since their inception)

MLB - St. Louis Cardinals (not nearly the baseball fan I used to be, but I still have a soft spot for the Redbirds)

NBA - Minnesota Timberwolves (not a huge NBA fan, but being here, I can't help but like the T'Wolves)

NFL - None (I grew up in St. Louis when the Deadbirds were in town, then left, so it's tough to have an affiliation.  Mostly I root for underdogs, though it was fun to experience the Vikings euphoria around here the couple of years they were putting up tons of points.)

AFL - None (It just doesn't seem right picking a club to root for, seeing how Aussies pretty much pick their clubs at birth.  I was kindof rooting for Brisbane during the Grand Final, for no particular reason at all.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHL: Buffalo Sabres.   I'm a die hard fan.

MLB:  I stopped really following or caring about baseball, but I like the Cards, Cubs, Braves, and Red Sox.  I was originally a Braves fan, but don't care about it much anymore.  My dad is a big Cards fan and he's rubbed off on me.  My mom and sister are Cub fans and that rubbed off a bit, too.  As for the Red Sox, I don't really like the AL, but hey, it's the Red Sox.

NFL:  I never really follow the NFL, but I guess I'd have to say Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  I like Jurivicious(sp?)

NBA: I don't like basketball.

In addition, watch Slamball on Spike TV.  Don;t have a favorite team because it's all the smae really, but the game is awesome.

Being from the Tampa Bay area, I gottta root for all my teams, no matter how bad some of them are. (:cough: :cough: Devil Rays :cough:)

NFL: Bucs

NHL: Lightning

MLB: D-Rays (Hey, Detroit's worse.)

NBA: Magic

AFL: Storm

NCAA: Florida Gators

NFL: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

MLB: Florida Marlins

NHL: Colorado Avalanche

NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers

NCAA: Virginia Cavaliers

my "geographically scattered" loyalties all have and explanation...i'll just tell you i started liking the bucs in 1994, when i was 7 years old, because of the orange jerseys. stuck with me ever since.

i can explain the others if you really want to know, but i dont feel like it now :;):

Rhein Fire...i still remember 97 when Bill Schroeder and T.J. Rubley were leadin them to the World Bowl.

Wow... haven't heard the name T.J. Rubley in ages. He was one of dozens of candidates that the Blue Bombers brought in to fill the QB void in the post-Matt Dunigan/pre-Khari Jones era. Yes, I know that means the J*ff R**n*b*ld era, but I have tried to deal with that name through years of therapy, and have found outright avoidance to be the best method. That would've been about 1998... so I guess that was one year after Discrim's Rhein Fire-love affair began.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

NFL - Carolina Panthers

ECHL - Charlotte Checkers

NCAA - Univ of North Carolina Tarheels

NHL - Pitt Penguins (pre-Hurricanes, but i enjoy all hockey)

NBA - don't care, *yawns* even with the new Charlotte Bobcats starting up next year

MLB - no preference (although as a young'n i went to plenty of single-A Charlotte Orioles games to see all the Ripkin family and Eddie Murray)

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

<font color='#000000'>AL: Detroit Tigers (only team i've ever considered getting season tix for, and did during the teams worst stretch in history! :censored: YOU MIKE ILITCH!(owner of the tigers & red wings))

NL: NY Mets

NFL: Detroit Lions

NBA: Detroit Pistons, NY Knicks (liked them since Bernard King dropped 60 on the pistons in the silverdome)

NHL: Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton (all because of Hockey Night in Canada), Detroit (hometown), Boston (i wore #4 growing up), NY Isles (because of Mike Bossy), Atlanta (close enough to where i live now)

NCAA: Michigan State University

Premiership: Newcastle United</font>

NFL: Patriots

MLB: Red Sox

NBA: Celtics

NHL: Hurricanes, with the Bruins a close second.  The reason for Carolina is that when the Canes were still in Hartford they used to show all of their games for free on SportsChannel (now fox sports net).  The Bruins were on NESN, wich we had to pay for, but never did.  I saw every Whalers game religiously.  I'm talking about guys like Peter Sydorkwicz, Adam Burt, Geoff Sanderson, Francis back in the day).  Now with NESN being free I can watch more Bruins games and It's much easier to get wrapped up in the home team.  But I stay loyal.  GO CANES!

I dont care what anyone says there are a few of us that can root for both teams especially since they are in seperate leagues and that is although my favorite team in baseball is the Mets My Favorite AL team is in fact the Yankees.

In football I have always had a Florida thing I have alway been a fan of the Dolphins and rooted for the Bucs since they had Vinny Testeverde.

The Florida thing carries over to College Football where I am pulling of a rarity again in that I root for the big 3 Florida teams Miami, Florida, and FSU.

In Hockey I return to the NY Metro area as i am a Ranger fan who has recently been drifting into more and more of a Devils fan as teh Rangers orginization just always gets things wrong and the Devils do things right with class, and living in NJ they are a source of pride.

In Basketball at one time I was a Nets and Celtics fan, when the Nets stunk rooting for Larry Bird was a good alternative, but the feud over the past 2 years, and my hatrid for all Boston teams have erased any rooting intrest I used to have in the Celtics.

In NCAA Basketball I am a fan of Duke, and the 2 big local teams Seton Hall and St. John's. I just cant figure out a way to care for Rutgers yet.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The New Jersey Devils (NHL Champions 1995, 2000, 2003)

The New York Football Giants (A number of NFL Championships, Super Bowl XXI & XXV)

The New York Jets (Super Bowl III)

The New York Yankees (Not Enough Room)

The New Jersey Nets (74 & 76 ABA Champions when in Uniondale as the NY Nets)

Fu*k the NY Rangers and Red Sox... hard... with no lube...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The New Jersey Devils (NHL Champions 1995, 2000, 2003)

The New York Football Giants (A number of NFL Championships, Super Bowl XXI & XXV)

The New York Jets (Super Bowl III)

The New York Yankees (Not Enough Room)

The New Jersey Nets (74 & 76 ABA Champions when in Uniondale as the NY Nets)

Fu*k the NY Rangers and Red Sox... hard... with no lube...

Hey JQK... there's kids reading these boards... we know you're passionate... just keep it G-rated please. Thx!  :)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Cool I wanna add mine lol

MLB: None I hate Baseball (kinda wierd since i was in UBL eh?)

NFL: Green Bay Packers

NBA: Detroit Pistons

NHL: Detroit Red Wings

NCAA: Illinois Illini (when I watch college)

Premiership: Manchester United

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

NFL-Green Bay Packers- I eat, sleep and breathe green bay. hardcore cheesehead!

MLB-Toronto Blue Jays

NHL-Ottawa Senators

NBA-Toronto Raptors

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

NFL: NFC Green Bay Packers AFC: New York Jets

MLB: New York Yankees

NHL: New York Islanders

NBA: New York Knicks

Soccer: Tottenham Hotspur (England) Celtic (Scotland) Bayern Munich (Germany) NY/NJ MetroStars (USA)

NCAA Football: United States Naval Academy

Arena Football: New York Dragons

Indoor Lacrosse: New York Saints

MLL: Long Island Lizards

i could go on forever...lol..

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Archived