Latest Tampa Bay Lightning Logo Concept

Drezz

-tbay.gif

I can't decide on which colour scheme to go with, so I'll leave it to the vets to give me some kind of direction.

Once I get the order of dominant colours set up, I'll post some jersey concepts.

A big thanks goes to Ken Chernoff for the skyline inspiration.

It's a really nice logo, but I couldn't see it on a jersey or anything. However, it'd be a perfect All-Star logo or something to that extent. I like the 2nd set as for the colors, but any of the three would work well. Great work, looking forward to the jerseys.

Its good but it reminds me too much of the Superchargers.

The second one looks the best, but you eliminated the silver :cry:

MonitorLightningCCSLC.pngMonitorUSFCCSLC.pngMonitorBuccaneersCCSLC.pngMonitorRaysCCSLC.pngMonitorCarlEdwardsCCSLC.png

Two muffins are in an oven when one says to the other, "Man, it's hot in here." The other says, "Holy crap, a talking muffin!!"

im not sue the tampa skyline is something you want to feature in a logo. i always thought the sunshine skyway brigde would look nice in some sort of lightning logo...great colors (i like the third) and layout. keep playing with it

Replace generic cityscape with Tampa skyline and I think I'd like it.

Ditto to that.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Overall, I think it's quite a solid concept. The curved lightning bolt needs a little cleaning up, but I know you are already aware of that. It just doesn't give me the impression that it's "striking" anything.

I'm actually quite fond of the puck design. Of the three, I think I prefer the first one best.

I think the 2nd looks best but as someone mentioned, I couldn't see this as the primary logo. I think it could work in the set, but just as a secondary or something.

What font did you use- wordmark looks great!

It's a no-brainer for me. The First word mark and the second logo. Looks good. I especially like the word mark.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

tbaynew.gif

Okay, some revisions.

I removed the skyline, and I tried featuring the bridge and a palm tree an stuff, but as stated before, it looks too much like an all-star game logo.

So I axed the skyline, made the puck more blatant, added a striking point for the lightning bolt, added some highlights and I've subtly added a TB in the face of the puck.

Any better? Preference from 1-4?

Archived