NBA All-Star Reserves

The Nation

Gilbert Arenas was a snub.

Damn right, he's been tearing it up this year, yet no All-Star. For the record, I voted for Arenas.

And I know this has been touched upon before, but wtf is Yao Ming doing in the All-Star game? Last night everyone and their uncle who wore a Cleveland uniform drove on Yao and dunked on Yao, and yet this is the starting C for the West. Amazing.

You have to understand that frankly, people just don't know about the other centers in the Western Conference. Both Gasol and Camby, before he was injured, were much better performers, but the world has no clue that these guys exist.

To clear things up, here's the reserves:

Eastern Conference

Chauncey Billups

Richard Hamilton

Ben Wallace

Rasheed Wallace

Chris Bosh

Paul Pierce

Vince Carter

Western Conference

Ray Allen

Tony Parker

Dirk Nowitzki

Elton Brand

Pau Gasol

Kevin Garnett

Shawn Marion

Arenas may not end up out of it yet...Stern plans to announce a replacement to Jermaine O'Neal, who is currently injured. Rasheed is the most probable candidate, so either Arenas, Redd, or Howard can still pop in there.

Overall, this is a perfectly fine selection. I'm satisfied enough that Parker got in there...yet I'm surprised Ray Allen got in there when Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul were waiting in the ranks.

GR30a5H.png

No Kirilenko :mad:

That said... the West forwards are stacked... they've got like 7 of the 12 spots on the roster, and you can't fault any of their selections as much as I wanted AK47 (or Okur) in there.

liverpool-1.png

Gilbert Arenas was a snub.

Damn right, he's been tearing it up this year, yet no All-Star. For the record, I voted for Arenas.

And I know this has been touched upon before, but wtf is Yao Ming doing in the All-Star game? Last night everyone and their uncle who wore a Cleveland uniform drove on Yao and dunked on Yao, and yet this is the starting C for the West. Amazing.

Yao Ming...One Billion Voters Can't Be Wrong :rolleyes:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I'm sorry, but Paul Pierce does not deserve to be on the East squad ahead of Gilbert Arenas. Who picks the reserves anyways??

The coaches of each team pick the reserves, and in this case, it's Avery Johnson of Dallas coaching the West and Flip Saunders coaching the East. And from what heard, Gilbert Arenas will be Jermaine O'Neal's replacement on the East team. Not sure how accurate that is, but I think Arenas should get in.

Props to Elton Brand for making, much deserved!

'Melo gets snubbed yet again.

How does 26 points and 6 rebounds per game not make the team?

Because One Billion voters across the world can't be wrong.

What a joke fan voting is. But 'Melo flat out got screwed, not by fan voting since they only pick the starters.

David Wesley almost got as many votes as Elton Brand. I'm assuming it's because he's Yao's teammate.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm sorry, but Paul Pierce does not deserve to be on the East squad ahead of Gilbert Arenas.  Who picks the reserves anyways??

The coaches of each team pick the reserves, and in this case, it's Avery Johnson of Dallas coaching the West and Flip Saunders coaching the East.

That would explain why just about every Detroit Piston made the squad. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

I'm sorry, but Paul Pierce does not deserve to be on the East squad ahead of Gilbert Arenas.  Who picks the reserves anyways??

The coaches of each team pick the reserves, and in this case, it's Avery Johnson of Dallas coaching the West and Flip Saunders coaching the East.

That would explain why just about every Detroit Piston made the squad. <_<

The coaches from the league pick the reserves, and not just coaches for the east and west allstars, so flip and avery didnt hand pick the team. Also David Stern then picks the replacements for the injured,

Gilbert for Jermaine is what I've been hearing.

My all-star snubs include, michael redd, chris paul, and gilbert.

Get rid of fan voting, for all all-star events, it is quite embarassing to the game, I mean marginal basketball fans vote for names and not games.

Archived