Portland Trail Blazers logo

winghaz

I'd have to agree as well. I use to not mind as much when I figured that it was something that had to do with "trailblazing," like some tongue-in-cheek kind of way since it reminded be a mower blade. But with that logic behind it, couldn't every basketball team in the WORLD use it?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Double Post! Has anyone else had problems pages loading since the board went down?

Yep...also I can no longer click on the recently added logos list either. As far as logos go the NBA is the worst league in my opinion only about 4 are any good, and the 'Blazers ain't one of them.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I think the Trailblazers logos is one the NBA's best (the "modernization" it underwent was a mistake, however).

I've always loved its simple, abstact quality. There's trails in there...a P, perhaps. Just two colors. It was, and is, unique.

And best of all, it doesn't bang you over thead with the obvious. Stark, striking, original, clean. What more could you ask for?

I can't believe there was no mention that these 10 lines in two colours form a stylized "p", "t" and "b".

There's no mention because the lines do not form a 'ptb'

Straight from the Portland Trail Blazers...

It simply is a modern graphic interpretation of five basketball players from one side going against five players from the other and rotating around a center circle in a pinwheel kind of motion. Nothing else.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think the Trailblazers logos is one the NBA's best (the "modernization" it underwent was a mistake, however).

I've always loved its simple, abstact quality. There's trails in there...a P, perhaps. Just two colors. It was, and is, unique.

And best of all, it doesn't bang you over thead with the obvious. Stark, striking, original, clean. What more could you ask for?

I used to like it, too. Then I read what it means.

It has nothing to do with Portland. It has nothing to do with Trail Blazers, or trails, or anything. It's not a T, it's not a B, it's not a P. It's supposed to be a modernistic version of a basketball with the five lines on each side representing the 10 players who face each other.

You can have the greatest-looking logo ever made, but if it has trite meaning like that, then yuck.

I hate the Trail Blazers' primary logo. It has nothing to do with the name "Trail Blazers" and it has nothing to do with the city of Portland. Like someone else said, ANY basketball team in the world could use it as a logo. Here is my solution:

They need to ditch the "Trail" part of the name, and just go with "Blazers." Then adopt this as their primary mark:

POR_5770.gif

Problem solved.

They need to ditch the "Trail" part of the name, and just go with "Blazers."

That's :censored: ing stupid. Let's take away what the name really means so it can better fit a crap logo that doesn't fit the team identity. At least the 5-on-5 logo has significance, and a history, a tradition behind it. Not to mention that Trailblazers is about as perfect a name as you can get for an Oregon team.

I claim shenanigans on your idea!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived