Soccer Player Traded for Meat

Cujo

Romanian club exchanges defender for large lump of meat

Romanian second division soccer club UT Arad sold a player in exchange for 15 kilograms of meat, local sport daily Pro Sport reported on Monday. However, fourth division Regal Horia made a bad deal because defender Marius Cioara decided to end his footballing career and take off to Spain to find a job in agriculture or construction.

So instead of packing up and leaving town for a truckload of meat, soccer dude just retires. What a stellar way to go out! :lol:

6uXNWAo.png

This reminds me - didn't Tim Fortugno once get traded for a sack of baseballs?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This reminds me - didn't Tim Fortugno once get traded for a sack of baseballs?

Michaels is not the first broadcaster to be traded. Long-time former Detroit Tigers baseball announcer Ernie Harwell enjoyed bragging that he was the first sportscaster to be traded for a player, a minor league catcher, but claimed to have heard of more bizarre deals -- a player exchanged for a Thanksgiving turkey, for example.

Other unusual trades in sports lore have included a player dealt for 12 dozen baseballs and $2,500 -- Tim Fortugno -- and one who was traded for himself -- Harry Chiti.

What really gets me is that meat was the team's food for a week. :blink:

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Can't blame the guy for hanging em up after a deal like that...

It's one thing if you get traded for another player or some financial considerations and the like...

But getting traded for a 15 kg slab of meat? :blink:

Yah, if that's not a hint that maybe it's time to find a new line of work, I dunno what is...it'd be kinda embarrasing getting traded for a choice cut of sirloin.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

"And there are 3 big ways to win tonight: you can play Know Your Current Events, Know Your Cuts of Meat, or Know Your Romanian Soccer Players Traded for Cuts of Meat..."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"And there are 3 big ways to win tonight: you can play Know Your Current Events, Know Your Cuts of Meat, or Know Your Romanian Soccer Players Traded for Cuts of Meat..."

In that case, I'll play Know Your Romainian Soccer Player Traded for Cuts of Meat! :rotflmao:

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

can't remember who it was, but I recall readin about a minor leaguer who got traded for a full set of jerseys. :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived