Mets batting helmut

Diablo de Tejas

Looks like something San diego state would wear.

Me no like.

good observation. Actually, It just screaams of a little league team to me. I don't mind the new shape of the helmet, but when it gets into a paint scheme that the hat doesn't match, then its gone too far.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Hopefully these are spring training only. For a team like the Mets, with four World Series appearances, two wins, and plenty of great players, it seems so stupid they would willingly throw away any modicum of class or dignity by constantly embracing whatever new fad comes around.

Seriously, what a shame.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hopefully these are spring training only. For a team like the Mets, with four World Series appearances, two wins, and plenty of great players, it seems so stupid they would willingly throw away any modicum of class or dignity by constantly embracing whatever new fad comes around.

Yeah, the Mets would never do that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hopefully these are spring training only.  For a team like the Mets, with four World Series appearances, two wins, and plenty of great players, it seems so stupid they would willingly throw away any modicum of class or dignity by constantly embracing whatever new fad comes around.

Yes, but this is the Mets we're talking about here.

They've taken the whole "we're not the Yankees" thing to its logical extension - the Yankees, after all, always look classy and sharp, with a great respect for their tradition over any passing fad.

Looks like something San diego state would wear.

Me no like.

Haha. I go to SDSU. The helmets aren't really that atrocious/noticable in person, but we really must ditch the gradient helmets for our football team. I'm just glad the baseball team wears solid helmets nowadays and not the gradients like they used to.

I just saw a bunch of these at Dick's Sporting goods. They had the met one (blue fading to black) as well as silver fading to white, and red to navy. I hope it's not something thats the wave of the future as far as the paint job goes. The shape of the helmet and light weight are good, though.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

It might be kinda cool for Michigan to do this with their wolverine thing they got going on on their football helmets and hockey(goalie.. montana right? not sure) dont they have it for lacross too? And by wolverine thing i mean princeton thing I know, I know...

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived